Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: NBA and Union have reached an agreement! (nba.com, CBS, Yahoo)  (Read 14531 times)

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Very interested to see when the player movement starts and what Ainge does to put us in a good spot.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Wonder if the players will be intellectually limited and not vote this one through?

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
This is a big relief for me! I'd really be disappointed if there was no season. Can't wait for things to get rollin'  ;D

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Am I supposed to be jumping up and down yet?  I'm glad to hear that it sounds like I'll get my Celtics back, but I think I'll wait 'till all the dotted lines have been signed to get too excited.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Some good info in here . . Links at bottom of piece on likely amnesty guys and free agents . .

http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/11/26/nba-lockout-agreement-settlement-details/
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Annnnnnd... I'm back!  ;D

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Finally, it's about time!

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Yay!
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
This is awesome and a shortened season will hopefully only help the Celtics!   That's if the games are spread out as they usually are.  I remember in that 50 game season there were a ton of back to backs to fit everything in.  I hope that's not the case.  

If they just go by the schedule set for the celtics from december 25th until april next year we play 59 games, so they'll squeeze in 7 other games through that period. Or I suspect they'll just reshuffle the whole schedule and just keep those christmas day games because of the ratings.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This is awesome and a shortened season will hopefully only help the Celtics!   That's if the games are spread out as they usually are.  I remember in that 50 game season there were a ton of back to backs to fit everything in.  I hope that's not the case.  

If they just go by the schedule set for the celtics from december 25th until april next year we play 59 games, so they'll squeeze in 7 other games through that period. Or I suspect they'll just reshuffle the whole schedule and just keep those christmas day games because of the ratings.

While they could conceivably sneak those games in, it would be really tough scheduling all 30 teams and arenas to make it work I think it's more likely they extend the season to the end of April and maybe have a couple fewer off-days in the playoffs.

However they do it doesn't matter as long as this gets finalized. I woke up this morning and checked on my phone how they left off last night and saw they came to an agreement and I literally jumped out of my bed like I was 11 years old and it was Christmas Day.

The players will definitely pass anything that gets to them. The owners should ratify it with some convincing. For the first time since May, I'm excited about basketball again.
CELTICS 2024

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
this puts a smile on my face =), my wish has been granted!!!

don't care who we sign, I'm excited to see the CELTICS

LETS GO!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I really don't feel the happiness and excitement I thought I would. I'm just kind of...'meh'.

I think maybe the lockout went about 2 weeks too long.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
cuz i remember someone saying, it wasn't about the money anymore, it was more about the pride and players/owners didnt want to give in

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Best present I ever got between my birthday and christmas!

;D ;D ;D

And Lebron just traveled
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Ok, back to work, boys. Let us get some FA to help us win #18.

YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!
The beatings will continue until morale improves