Author Topic: COD: Modern Warfare 3  (Read 5436 times)

COD: Modern Warfare 3
« on: November 09, 2011, 12:51:11 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk

lol, Dwight Howards a noob  8)

But anyways, Thoughts and opinions?

Re: COD: Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 12:53:55 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
I haven't gotten to the single player yet, but so far i feel like I got caught expecting too much. I feel like I'm already bored with the multiplayer, but I just got it. Maybe I just need more time with it.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:33:18 AM »

Kiorrik

Isn't Battle Field the multi-player game, and MW the single-player one?

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:16:35 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I haven't gotten to the single player yet, but so far i feel like I got caught expecting too much. I feel like I'm already bored with the multiplayer, but I just got it. Maybe I just need more time with it.

I only played for an hour and I'm not sure what I think yet.  I liked the maps on Black Ops a whole lot more.  I feel like these maps are too cluttered, almost like they are all mazes.
do it

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson

I only played for an hour and I'm not sure what I think yet.  I liked the maps on Black Ops a whole lot more.  I feel like these maps are too cluttered, almost like they are all mazes.

I agree completely. I hardly no where I'm going I just move of of instinct. It'll probably take me a while to figure the maps out.

Isn't Battle Field the multi-player game, and MW the single-player one?

They both have acclaimed multi-player, but COD's is more popular. Battle-field's maps are a lot bigger and they let you use tanks, choppers, jets, etc. Kind of wishing I got that or atleast rented the two instead of buying MW3.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:18 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell

I agree completely. I hardly no where I'm going I just move of of instinct. It'll probably take me a while to figure the maps out.

Yeah im starting to get the feel a little more.  Finally starting to get into some of the better maps.  There are a ton of campers/noob tubers right now though.
do it

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Don't have this one yet, but I always run through single player before playing multi player.  I find that you know the maps and the controls so much better when you do it that way.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 01:12:57 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Another $60 expansion to a game that came out three years ago.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 01:33:39 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I made the switch last week from longtime call of duty owner to new B3 owner, so here are a few thoughts for those of you trying to make a similar decision...note - i'm on xbox360

-It's true that B3 is more "team oriented," but that is not because people play more as a unit.  Rush mode is very fun in B3, but in order accomplish your goals you need support from your teammates.  People dont work together so much as they use teammates as distractions.  I've only played for a few hours but i get the sense that everyone is looking out for themselves for the most part, but at least it FEELS more like an actual "us v them" scenario. 

-Running and gunning is definitely tougher in B3.  Since i'm new to the game and the maps, i find myself getting lit up and not having any idea where the shots are being fired from.  I'm sure i'll grow into it, but i did enjoy always having that sense of direction in CoD.  Even if someone is camping, you can still get a beat on them eventually.

-I have virtually no feel for the vehicles in this game, but i can tell you it's fun as hell to rip around in jeeps and tanks.  I tend to get blown up before i've even seen anyone, but again it's probably a newbie thing.

Initially, i found myself wishing that i had waited to rent them both, but after being so loyal to CoD for years, i think i made the right choice to see what B3 was bringing to the table.  It's definitely different, but it's also a lot of fun.  I don't have any buddies who have made the switch, but i can tell that playing with friends would be a blast.  We all remember those Halo days whipping around in the jeeps with your friend on the turret...it's not quite the same as that, but it's got a certain fun factor that you havent felt from CoD.

JzaJenius36 if anyone wants to roll with a bullet magnet!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
while everyone was getting cod....i picked this up :)

love it!

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 02:31:32 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
JzaJenius36 if anyone wants to roll with a bullet magnet!

That is a truly awesome name.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
yeah anyone on 360 play...add me mikebz15
do it