Author Topic: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?  (Read 172867 times)

Re: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
6 episodes at $25 a pop? I love the point-and-click concept, but they ain't getting me as their customer at this price point.

I think it's 25 for all 6, they just release the episodes over time.

Think I'm going to check the series out when I have some free time.  Really like the Walking Dead series, though I heard the 2nd season was underwhelming.

« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yeah episode 1 for me was $4.99

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah episode 1 for me was $4.99
That's more like it. I tried the buy option and all I saw was $25 -- if it's for the full set, that makes sense.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
6 episodes at $25 a pop? I love the point-and-click concept, but they ain't getting me as their customer at this price point.
This is how I justify it. It is the only game my girlfriend loves playing with me. $25 might not be great for a short season of a game but it certainly is cheaper than any other activity we would do for a night out.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This is how I justify it. It is the only game my girlfriend loves playing with me. $25 might not be great for a short season of a game but it certainly is cheaper than any other activity we would do for a night out.
If I am looking to drop $25 on a PC game there is stiff competition -- and most of it has considerable replay value (unlike most point-and-click adventures). I mean, Civ 5 is $15 and can keep me occupied until the cows come home.

By the way, how do you buy just a single epizode. Everything I see is for the full package it seems.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If I am looking to drop $25 on a PC game there is stiff competition -- and most of it has considerable replay value (unlike most point-and-click adventures). I mean, Civ 5 is $15 and can keep me occupied until the cows come home.

By the way, how do you buy just a single epizode. Everything I see is for the full package it seems.
You can get the season pass before it comes out for $20 then just download the new ones as they come out. For the walking dead I forgot to do that so I ended up buying each episode individually when they came out.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Xbox live gold for me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2014, 04:49:30 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I've been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition since it came out. A lot better than the second, love the open world and environments. Disappointed in the lack of tactics and competent party AI though. But its still a great game worth picking up if you're into RPG's.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I must say, I don't play video games a lot, but when I do (cue the Dos Equis ad here lol ;D), I prefer to fire up the PS2 ;D and play NBA 2K9 and 10.  Does anyone else like playing those old games, just to play what if with managing the rosters, because I know I do lol.  Now I just need 2K11 and 12 - the latter being the last time that the Fantastic Four were together :'(.  I am realistic with my transactions, though - I don't trade Perk for Shaq or anything ;D.  I try to put together a team of guys who we could have reasonably acquired, whether through the draft, trades, and/or free agency, like with Deandre Jordan, the Birdman, and Bonzi Wells in 2K9, and Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, Marbury, and Bass in 2K10, plus Finley, of course.  In each game I go year by year, though, so in 2K10 I don't go back and get Jordan, because we probably couldn't have in the 2009 offseason, nor do I trade for Posey, no matter how much I want to :'(.  I do keep him, sometimes, in 2K9, though, and trade Tony Allen for Jordan or whatever lol.  Sometimes I just release TA to free agency haha.  I really wish that 2K10 had Wesley Matthews.  D'oh!

« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I just started playing Civilization V.

I've never played any of the games of this series, and it got me addicted like a kid with Christmas money seeing Street Fighter on the arcade for the first time. I've been playing it the whole day.

I may need intervention.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Star Trek for PS3

« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2015, 08:08:08 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

Pretty interesting. Pretty fun to play too.

Jensen`s voice is soooooo annoyning though. Like a cheap Clint Eastwood wannabe.

« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2015, 12:37:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Splatoon.  Anyone else own a Wii U?  It's fun.

« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2015, 12:47:02 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - took me a few months before even opening it, but now I can't stop playing. Super Mario 3D World was an incredible experience (as are all Mario games) and this is a nice addition.

Don't get me wrong, always been an NBA 2K guy, love Halo, and old Bond/TimeSplitters/Perfect Dark took up way too many hours of my life, but, yes, LarBrd - Wii U is vastly underrated. I'll have to check out Splatoon - looks right up my alley.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:52:45 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2015, 01:27:43 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
NBA2K is always on the list of stuff that's constantly being loaded up.

Also GTAV (had it on 360, now playing it again on PC) and just added Witcher 3 to the equation.

I love 2K14 but one thing about it really frustrates me, and that's the inability to modify player types.  There are way too many guys in the game who look completely wrong - guys like Brandon Bass (too skinny), Greg Monroe (too chunky - I think same body type as Sully), Isaiah Thomas (too skinny), DeMarcus Cousins (too skinny), etc. 

It really kills the immersion of the game for me.  They allow you to adjust shoulder width, wingspan, weight, height, body length, etc...but not body type?  Rediculous.

Really tired of seeing 6'9" 280 pound rookies getting generated who look like Tayshaun Prince.

The most annoying thing of all is that the body types DO exist in the game.  Guys like Rondo and Thomas have vastly different body's to a guy like Marcus Smart....so if the different bodies are in the game, why not let us adjust them?