Author Topic: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?  (Read 171232 times)

Re: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2013, 09:40:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just trying out Don't Starve.

So far I haven't starved, though I've been mauled while out scrounging for supplies several times or made suicidal runs at various obstacles when things have gotten grim to gain experience for the next try.

« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Borderlands 2
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2013, 10:20:02 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
The Last of Us, NBA 2k13 (Bobcats association mode  ??? ), and Black Ops 2

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
The Last of Us... man i love this game!

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Just trying out Don't Starve.

So far I haven't starved, though I've been mauled while out scrounging for supplies several times or made suicidal runs at various obstacles when things have gotten grim to gain experience for the next try.
Other fun deaths in my don't starve experiences:

Dying while hunting a winter elephant because I was careless, rezing at a magic circle I'd set up, and then freezing to death before I could get to camp to pick up supplies.

I was driven insane by ghosts as I dug up graves looking for gears to make a refrigerator.

And in my current game I had to light tufts of grass on fire to stay warm as walruses, penguins, and hounds all chased me around as I kited them into a spiders nest to escape.

I made it far enough to chop some wood and make a temporary camp, next is the trek home to my base.

« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Still alive on my current game, got dicey when a giant deerclops attacked me. I was lucky to have found a fire staff randomly, only via its firepower was I able to take it down before it killed me.

Even then I had to kite it through two different packs of buffalo who gored it as I shot it with the staff. Was a happy accident as I ended up gathering tons of meet, fur, and horns that both the deerclops and the buffalo dropped while I stood on the sideline.

« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is an older game that I hadn't gotten the chance to play, but man Shadow Complex is an awesome Metroid-style game.  Great old-school feel and a pretty fun use of 3-D mechanics in a 2-D game space.

« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This is an older game that I hadn't gotten the chance to play, but man Shadow Complex is an awesome Metroid-style game.  Great old-school feel and a pretty fun use of 3-D mechanics in a 2-D game space.

Have you gotten to the boots yet?  Don't want to spoil it but hat was my favorite.  That and the water part.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2013, 04:18:22 PM »

Kiorrik

WoW & Diablo.

Diablo: levelling a second Witch Doc, because I can. Also working on a Wizard and a Demon Hunter. The latter of which I find a real riot, due to the speed buff.

In WoW I'm working on adding another 2 level 90 characters. I've got 3 at the moment (Shaman, Mage, Priest) and really want to get my warrior and warlock up there too. Then after that it's probably either my DK or my Paladin.

Watched Blizzcon live and it was AWESOME.

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm look great, can't wait to play them. Blizzard embracing free-to-play is very exciting. Can, not, wait.

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2013, 04:29:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Have you gotten to the boots yet?  Don't want to spoil it but hat was my favorite.  That and the water part.

I just got some sprinting boots (Friction Dampeners), they're pretty fun.  Don't know if there's another pair later.

Is the water part where you sneak past all the guys eating lunch then flood the area and swim back through all their floating corpses?  That was, um...mixed emotions about that one.

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2013, 04:30:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I just got some sprinting boots (Friction Dampeners), they're pretty fun.  Don't know if there's another pair later.

Is the water part where you sneak past all the guys eating lunch then flood the area and swim back through all their floating corpses?  That was, um...mixed emotions about that one.

Yeah you got both parts.  The boots just look amazing and I love the areas when you need to use them.

And I found the flooding just looked incredible and it was a cool change of pace.

Great game.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Bioshock infinite, Civ 5's expansion, and Dota 2 when I want to play a multiplayer game.

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:44 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
tried Saint Row (3), and it is a fun game so far. i like it more than GTA tbh.

« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
After 6 years it's still Team Fortress 2 on Steam

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Destiny. And will be stuck there until September 23rd, in which FIFA 15 will replace it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace