Author Topic: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?  (Read 170690 times)

Re: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My fiance, who hasn't spent more than 20 mins playing a console game since Sonic the Hedgehog, spent 4 hours playing Batman: Arkham City last night.

I was out with the buddies and I'd get texts and calls like, 'so I just killed all the guys in the police department, but I can't get past that one steam valve. what do I do? luv U!'

Batman is the game until it runs its course. The rest of the list right now looks like:

LA Noir
Skyrim
Deus Ex

There is just not enough time until Mass Effect 3.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 02:26:40 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Playing Star Wars The Old Republic MMO beta tonight, outside that its been all about Dota2 beta, WoW and Batman Arkham City
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 07:13:30 AM »

Kiorrik

Let us know how you like SW:tOR, I used to be a big WoW player (until this latest patch) and will be one again right after I get a new computer (that doesn't overheat while playing games.)

So yeah, let us know how SW:tOR works out for ya, I'd like to hear :)

I just beat an "unbeatable" boss in the game Lufia 2. Pretty neat. Basically what you do, is over-level your characters to the point where they're 20 levels above what they *should* be at that point in the game.

Yay... I'm a n3rd.

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Arkham City...one of the best geek out comic nerd games of all time. Fighting mechanics are pretty lame, yet still strangely fun, kinda like combat in the old Double Dragons, but still a fantastic game!

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Still trying to beat New Vegas one last time, with the Old World Blues DLC.

Then, on to Skyrim. I will probably pick up Arkam City over the next few weeks.

Can't wait to see 2k12 with J Johnson and E'twaun Moore as well. I'm also trying to get my created player ( a 7'1" center who got drafted by the Wiz (ugh!) traded to Boston somehow :)).

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »

Kiorrik

Arkham City...one of the best geek out comic nerd games of all time. Fighting mechanics are pretty lame, yet still strangely fun, kinda like combat in the old Double Dragons, but still a fantastic game!
Lame & fun. When I read this, I didn't get it. Now that I've gotten the game, and played it, I do.

Arkham City

Arkham City. The first time I played it, I instantly kicked hiney. It's just that easy. That's also the reason that I put the game down when enemies with guns started to appear, and I was gunned down pretty much instantly. Having never played Arkham Asylum, I wasn't familiar enough with the play style of hide-and-seek, so I tossed the game in a corner and re-activated my World of Warcraft account.

In the back of my head though, all the positive reviews and the fact that we bought a ridiculous TV kept whispering me to play some more, and at some point I sat down and played a bit more.

What an awesome game.

You have to enjoy it though. It's a bit like drinking an expensive drink: you need to sip it and let it linger, don't force it down like cheap beer.

Seriously, just walking around (I tend not to run much in that game, because it's just more fun to take your time and check the ridonkulously awesome graphics. Be Batman, the cold, slow moving, always in control 'bad' good guy. It's awesome.

So yeah, Batman is stuck in my PS3.

World of Warcraft

Reactivating my WoW account a couple of weeks after patch 4.3, I've enjoyed the game like I haven't enjoyed it in... years. I've played this game for 7 years now, and even met my significant other on it, whom I traveled half the world for. Yet, the game itself at some point stopped being fun. It was boring, required no skills, and generally made me long for times that had long since passed.

So what they did with this patch (or one of the things they did) is add a purely cosmetic function: you can now make your outfit look like whatever other piece of gear you can wear.

This basically meant that I could re-visit all those places, and finally wear the gear I never got to wear in the first place, because it lingered slightly out of reach.

Awesomesauce.

So yeah, back to leveling characters. Good fun. With the lady of course, who's leveling some new toons as well.

In other news: 10 bucks that I can out-nerd any of you.

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ive been on a strictly sports tip right now:

NBA 2k12
Madden 12
Blitz
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 12:23:51 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Kiorrik, StarWars is an expeirence i would say. Alot of effort and time has been put into making it a more enjoyable leveling but come max level there isnt much offered outside of PvP (and the game has a auto cam function, meaning you cant run away and target people who's behind you making PvP not very fun in my eyes)

If you played/Play WoW for PvP or Raiding you wont be pleased with what StarWars has to offer on a longer basis, but play it for a month and go though the story, thats well worth the money.

And i doubt your going to outnerd people on this board, i collect consoles, games & arcade machines as a hobby fx and i doubt thats even a penny in the fountain of whats hiding the closests of people on this board :)
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 01:01:15 AM »

Kiorrik

Kiorrik, StarWars is an expeirence i would say. Alot of effort and time has been put into making it a more enjoyable leveling but come max level there isnt much offered outside of PvP (and the game has a auto cam function, meaning you cant run away and target people who's behind you making PvP not very fun in my eyes)

If you played/Play WoW for PvP or Raiding you wont be pleased with what StarWars has to offer on a longer basis, but play it for a month and go though the story, thats well worth the money.

And i doubt your going to outnerd people on this board, i collect consoles, games & arcade machines as a hobby fx and i doubt thats even a penny in the fountain of whats hiding the closests of people on this board :)
I'm enjoying WoW because Blizzard still does a good job at expanding the universe, while attempting to perfect the game-play towards as wide a range of gamers as possible. I enjoy the level of 'perfection' they've attained, and would not switch to another MMORPG easily.

That said, Bioware has certainly gotten me exited, since I'm a big Star Wars fan, as well as a big fan of Bioware's attention to details concerning big RPGs.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend has a boatload of time invested in one character on World of Warcraft, and I wasn't able to pry her loose from that game ;) hahaha

And about the nerdy stuff; that's kind of what I'm saying: my nerd closet is pretty deep, and more like a walk-in closet, or even a ware-house ;)

Seriously, she keeps saying she's not a "gamer", yet she's played through Kingdom Hearts, admits she used to like shooting games, and has played enough Tekken for me to have a hard time beating her at that game. Same goes for Marvel vs Capcom.

Anyway, I'd love to play Star Wars: the Old Republic, so we'll see what the future brings ;)

(Meanwhile, I'll stick to building fleets in Star Wars: Rebellion, a really old tactical/management type game :D)

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 02:25:55 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
It`s been too long since i`ve played on wii something other than guitar hero

Now i`m somewhat addcited to Skyrim ... I love elder scrolls series.

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 02:47:03 AM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
My fiance, who hasn't spent more than 20 mins playing a console game since Sonic the Hedgehog, spent 4 hours playing Batman: Arkham City last night.

I was out with the buddies and I'd get texts and calls like, 'so I just killed all the guys in the police department, but I can't get past that one steam valve. what do I do? luv U!'

Batman is the game until it runs its course. The rest of the list right now looks like:

LA Noir
Skyrim
Deus Ex

There is just not enough time until Mass Effect 3.

Looks like you've got a keeper there.  I know this post is a couple of months old, but great list, especially DX.  Classic game.

Anyways, I've been playing The Old Republic since it came out.  The questing is amazing.  Unlike a bunch of MMORPGs, the questing/storyline is pretty deep, especially depending on what class you pick to play.

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 05:11:55 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Skyrim has been stuck in my PS3 for a week now.

It'll be NBA 2k12 for this week. Needed a break from slaying dragons.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
Let us know how you like SW:tOR, I used to be a big WoW player (until this latest patch) and will be one again right after I get a new computer (that doesn't overheat while playing games.)

So yeah, let us know how SW:tOR works out for ya, I'd like to hear :)

I just beat an "unbeatable" boss in the game Lufia 2. Pretty neat. Basically what you do, is over-level your characters to the point where they're 20 levels above what they *should* be at that point in the game.

Yay... I'm a n3rd.

Are you talking Lufia 2 for SNES ?? I used to absolutely LIVE that game back in the day, I never beat it and have been looking to cop it online off of ebay.

I'm currently playing Dark Souls which is an unbelievable game.  I initially bought it when it first dropped but didn't have time to really get into it, but now that I'm still on semester break its been getting major burn.  The game is disheartening at first because the main novelty of the game is that it is extremely difficult (borderline cheap at times), but its also insanely gratifying.  This game should have been RPG of the year in my opinion.

Don't know If I want to scoop Skyrim, I just might if I can finish this before spring semester starts back up.

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »

Kiorrik

Yeah, I've seen plenty of Dark Souls. Looks absolutely awesome, totally my kinda thing :D

And yes, I was talking about Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals :D Brilliant game!

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 01:54:59 AM »

Kiorrik

Ugh, totally stuck playing World of Warcraft WAY too much again.