Author Topic: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?  (Read 171226 times)

Re: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
NBA 2k13
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
DC Universe online.

Great game...limitless story lines...limitless character options...HUGE game.

Rather difficult and at times frustrating starting off, but once u get the hang of it it's not so bad.

« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My girlfriend convinced me to buy Bioshock: Infinite so that she could watch me play it.

If the cloning of humans ever becomes a reality, please convince your gf to volunteer.

It's not that unusual, my wife (gf at the time) loved watching me play through the first Bioshock.  They have a big focus on world-building that slowly develops through found recordings; some women seem to really enjoy that.

« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
halo 4

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
NBA 2K13 at all times. I have been replaying Saints Row 3 though.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Playing Borderlands 2 again with new level cap and finally going through the DLC. Also playing Civ 5 all the time as well.

Blew through farcry 3 a bit ago, probably will do the same to Bioshock infinite eventually.

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My girlfriend convinced me to buy Bioshock: Infinite so that she could watch me play it.

If the cloning of humans ever becomes a reality, please convince your gf to volunteer.

It's not that unusual, my wife (gf at the time) loved watching me play through the first Bioshock.  They have a big focus on world-building that slowly develops through found recordings; some women seem to really enjoy that.
My girlfriend is a far bigger nerd than I am.  She drags me to comiccons, collects action figures, keeps me tapped in on the latest geek shows/movies.  She plays a lot of video games, but she says that games like Bioshock are too scary for her to actually play.. the fight sequences stress her out.  But she really likes following the story, exploring the world... finding hidden items.  The game is definitely pretty epic.  So she begged me to play it for her so she could watch.  Lol. 

It seems to be working out pretty well.  Plus, I have a terrible sense of direction (that goes for the real world as well... I use my GPS constantly)... so I frequently ask her to tell me how to get back to a certain building or a certain locked safe.  She's very helpful.  :)

« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
halo 4

Just started Spartan ops last night. For $60, this game has a ton of content.

Too bad Epic didn't take a page out of their book with Judgement. I'm so disappointed in that game.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Tomb Raider has been an excellent game so far.

Superb storyline, and fantastic gameplay.

« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Far Cry 3 pretty awesome game so far

I just started it not long ago need to figure out how to free roam so I could skin some Tapir and build a bigger wallet
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »

Kiorrik

My girlfriend is a far bigger nerd than I am.  She drags me to comiccons, collects action figures, keeps me tapped in on the latest geek shows/movies.  She plays a lot of video games, but she says that games like Bioshock are too scary for her to actually play.. the fight sequences stress her out.  But she really likes following the story, exploring the world... finding hidden items.  The game is definitely pretty epic.  So she begged me to play it for her so she could watch.  Lol. 

It seems to be working out pretty well.  Plus, I have a terrible sense of direction (that goes for the real world as well... I use my GPS constantly)... so I frequently ask her to tell me how to get back to a certain building or a certain locked safe.  She's very helpful.  :)

Hah, mine just plays WoW all the time :]

Hoping to start playing dungeons and dragons again soon, with her and a couple of friends. You know, the dice game :]

I've been playing a fair few games:
Warhammer: Dawn of War (+ expansions)
Warhammer: Dawn of War 2 (+ expansions)
Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (MMO)

I really loved Dawn of War (the Soulstorm expansion to be precise) and Dawn of War 2 was half decent too, but had some flaws here and there.

Age of Reckoning is pretty cool because I love the Warhammer Fantasy universe so much. Used to collect several of the table-top armies (Chaos, Undead, Dark Elves) and as far as MMO's go, it brings a fair few cool things to the table. It's not as good as WoW though.

Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO)
Dungeons and Dragons Online (MMO)
Lord of the Rings Online (MMO)

Of those last three, Star Wars was absolutely fantastic. Great interface design, quest progression, loved the world they built, graphics, just the whole experience felt like it was "World of Warcraft 2". Thoroughly enjoyed t and even though it's free-to-play (check it out, totally worth it!) I've decided to pay for a couple of months, to unlock some extra races and get some skills a bit sooner.

The other two were abysmal, dreary and disappointing. Both in in-game experience, as well as account-creation. What a crap, crap experience. If you've got a free-to-play account for one, you'll have to register a different username for the other (with a different email address) because they botched up the register process (both games are by the same publisher)...

Yuck.

Oh, I also played through Borderlands 1 within a few weeks time. Awesome game, really want to play BL2 now! :)

« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hoping to start playing dungeons and dragons again soon, with her and a couple of friends. You know, the dice game :]

I really want to get into this. I never knew much about it growing up, but the more I learn about it the more it sounds like a great way to drink some beers with some friends and escape for an hour. Wish I could find a game nearby.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Defiance is what I have been playing.

IndeedProceed take a look here.

http://dungeons-and-dragons.meetup.com/members/us/ny/potsdam/

http://dungeons-and-dragons.meetup.com/cities/us/ny/potsdam/

It is a lot of fun, with the right people.  I have played since 78 in some form or another.

« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »

Kiorrik

I really want to get into this. I never knew much about it growing up, but the more I learn about it the more it sounds like a great way to drink some beers with some friends and escape for an hour. Wish I could find a game nearby.
If I ever move to Boston (not as outlandish an option as it might sound) I'll definitely get you in once I start a group ;)

Yeah, it's exactly that; have some beers, throw some dice. I had a steady group back when I was 16 years old, up 'till I was about 21. We've had all sorts of people join us, and not one of them didn't enjoy it. 30 Now, and on my vacation to the Netherlands I found my old dice collection, and have been itching to use them since!

Oh yes, I'm a nerd like that.

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »

Kiorrik

Defiance is what I have been playing.

IndeedProceed take a look here.

http://dungeons-and-dragons.meetup.com/members/us/ny/potsdam/

http://dungeons-and-dragons.meetup.com/cities/us/ny/potsdam/

It is a lot of fun, with the right people.  I have played since 78 in some form or another.
That site, and "playing since 78", are both awesome.

Exclusively (advanced) dungeons & dragons, or other RPGs as well?