Author Topic: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?  (Read 170747 times)

Re: What game is stuck in your console/pc right now?
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
In the Consoles: XCOM:EU or ACIII

In the computer for when GF is watching TV: Guild Wars 2 or Football Manager 2011.

Enemy Unknown is great. Faf, I do the trick to avoid the crap boast to stats aliens get from "classic" but retain the greater numbers that make the game more fun.

Classic amount of aliens on normal roll rules? yes please.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I've also been playing XCom pretty much exclusively, though it comes out when the wife wants to play Lego Harry Potter. 

I've never played an XCom game before but I really like it - it's kinda like a much more badass Civilization game.  And I started on Classic because screw hand-holding, I'll sink or swim on the game's own terms.

« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Boarderlands 2. One of the longest games I've ever played if you include the side missions. I rarely pay full price on a game, but  Defiantly worth the full price.

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I've also been playing XCom pretty much exclusively, though it comes out when the wife wants to play Lego Harry Potter. 

I've never played an XCom game before but I really like it - it's kinda like a much more badass Civilization game.  And I started on Classic because screw hand-holding, I'll sink or swim on the game's own terms.

I just love how the captured that sense of attachment from the first X-com game to your squad, if you play on ironman. The ability to custimize your squad members coupled with peremadeath is amazing.

Example: I am realll protective of my Squad member named after my Girlfriend. which she thinks is hillarious, she ask's after her.

I also get actually depressed when I lose a squadie that I've built up a mental backstory for to a dumb tactical blunder. Makes you feel like you, as the commander, are respnsable for the death of this little digital person.

I was ticked the other night when I lost my best assualt trooper, Rajon Rondo, when 3 guys missed 65% shots to hit and a beserker murdered him. RIP my 20 mission 39 Kill murder machine....you were the best of us.

But that's Xcom and I love it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
for a while I had Darksiders II stuck in my ps3, now I have 2k13 stuck in there. My player will be 99 soon!

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
XCom Enemy Unknown on the PS3 quite addicting gameplay.
I've heard good things about the remake, and the original was a classic.

Me, I'm stuck in the Middle Earth right now (Lord of the Rings Online).
I played LOTRO when it was first out for about a year, got bored once the progression stopped entirely.

X-Com: EU is awesome, a bit short and easy on normal but classic and impossible are very challenging and a ton of fun.

When I'm not playing that its Borderlands 2 or Dark Souls (finally got a copy cheap as a present for myself for passing some tests)
In the meanwhile, LOTRO has gone to L85 and all the way to Rohan. Also, a lot of the content has been adapted to be soloable.

Borderlands just doesn't look like my cup of tea.

I've had my eye on Torchlight 2 for a bit, but can't really find motivation to play a multiplayer game with open servers. Although I guess it's what you make of it.

I also remain hopeful for the enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

Kiorrik

Counterstrike: Global Offensive

With a little bit of Diablo III every now and then.

And I'm currently downloading:

Darksiders II
Darksiders
Dawn of War II
Dawn of War I

Steam has these really cheap at the moment.

« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Infamous 2
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Dark Souls has sucked me back in yet again...I got the DLC expansion and am fighting my way to the point where my 2nd character can get to it.  Lot easier this time (which means it's still pretty hard).  I'm told the DLC will be brutally tough, though, so I'm looking forward to that.

I've also got the Walking Dead game (the downloaded TellTale game, not the apparently awful shooter) on queue, and will probably pick up Bioshock Infinite to kick off the summer.

« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Skyrim made it back to my console after Dawnguard and Dragonborn got downloaded.

I started once again a new game.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
jeopardy 2003

« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2013, 01:49:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I switch between Skyrim and  Black Ops II.

Skyrim I have 3 characters: An over powered Pure Mage(i cheated :D), Sneak Assassin, 2handed Warrior tank. Different play styles keep this game fun, almost impossible to do everything,and new DLC :D.

Black Ops II: I pretty much despise the game, but it's the flavor of the month with my online multi-player friends. The spawns in this game flip constantly and it feels like enemies are coming out of your back pocket.

« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2013, 02:46:09 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Bioshock: Infinite still continuously blowing my mind, and I'm always playing a ton of NBA2k.

MyPlayer Antoine Walker just landed the cover for Style Magazine after a few hot weeks. Update of the b button being a gather-move has really reinvigorated me.

MyPlayer could still use some work though - went to the GM after winning rookie and player of the month for the second consecutive month I asked for Jarett Jack to be traded and the GM refused, but was willing to trade me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:55:12 PM by StartOrien »

« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I use to play a lot of video games, but I haven't really played any for probably a decade.  I think the last 1st Person Shooter I played was the original Max Payne or Half Life.  I've played a couple PC games here and there at Lan parties like the latest Tribes or Battlefield 2... Played LoL for a month.  Otherwise... very few games.

My girlfriend convinced me to buy Bioshock: Infinite so that she could watch me play it.   I've been playing it for a few days.  Pretty fun.  Games have come a really long way.  It's so much like a thrill ride now... like exploring a huge virtual theme park.  Unfortunately, I'm playing it on a PS3 and it's been a bit of a challenge for me to get use to controlling a 1st person shooter with a gamepad as opposed to a keyboard and mouse. 

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2013, 03:34:35 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
My girlfriend convinced me to buy Bioshock: Infinite so that she could watch me play it.

If the cloning of humans ever becomes a reality, please convince your gf to volunteer.
Still don't believe in Joe.