Author Topic: The 2012 acquired Clippers pick? Who do the Celtics take?  (Read 21290 times)

The 2012 acquired Clippers pick? Who do the Celtics take?
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:18:55 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
In the Perkins trade we got this from the Clippers (via OKC).
The Clippers are protected if it goes top 10, but
if we do end up getting a spot at pick number 11-17 in the 2012 draft, who do we take?

I've got a few names that I think should be considered and would like to know everyone else's ideal selections, maybe with a reasoning.

These are in no particular order:
Jeremy Lamb: 6 foot 5 shooting guard UCONN. Very long arms and excellent defender. Can shoot the 3 and again, has good size/strength and especially length for a 2 guard. Would like to see this guy guarding starting 2 guards(D Wade) because he is very disciplined defensively and wingspan is enormous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSg0jttR9HI

Mason Plumlee: 6' 11" center from UNC. You have probably seen him because he's white and can dunk so he gets coverage in the media.
He appears slow but is an overall quite athletic kid. He can shoot from a decent range and has quite good leaping ability. Reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki playing out of position. Can throw down very mean.
Still not sure but he will get taken somewhere in top 20 as a gamble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvqBcCJyits

Austin Rivers: Don't need to explain here. Proably inside top 10 pick but would love to get him on board with Pops and if we had to unload to a few higher spots to get him then I'd be willing to give up a lot. Maybe a bit undersized but still.

Festus Ezelli: 6' 11" PF/C Vanderbilt.
He's kind of like Perkins except he's going much earlier so he's not a bargain. Very strong, not the quickest but has good hands. Could probably get someone with a bigger impact than this guy but the pickings are slim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hVqZjdKKE

I have to go out so I'll post and continue later but please add to the list if you have any ideas.

Can we keep this in the Celtics Talk section because that's exactly what it is?
Pwetty pwease.
Thanks.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: The 2012 acquired Clippers pick? Who do the Celtics take?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
i like the center Ezeli alot dude looks like an animal in the paint...

im hoping for perry jones
http://www.youtube.com/v/U08uTuXW6Ww?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

i just seen this guy on the mock draft. terrance ross. I dont think there anything on offense this kid cant do. scoring machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYeHHeI4fg

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
a guy named festus? sign me up
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Anyone from the Vandy trio:

Festus Ezeli, as mentioned above, is getting better and better and is a beastly post defender who could slip under the radar after some early hype thanks to a knee injury that will keep him out for the first two months of the season.

Jeffery Taylor, a 6'7" small forward, is one of the NCAA's best defenders and a physical freak who has shown tons of commitment to improving his game every year.

John Jenkins might be the best pure shooter the college game has had since Ray Allen. So it would be good to have him mentored by, you know, Ray Allen.

Of course, these are all homer picks for me, so take that as you will. Still, I'd love to be able to wear my Vandy jersey to a C's home game in the future.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
nice post with nice videos. thanks chamber....tp.

given that in the world of youtube everyone shoots 100%, never fails to grab a rebound, and dunks about 900 times... it is hard to really assess much in terms of basketball skills, but at least it is fun to watch some basketball.

plumlee - obviously he is already a LOT better on the offensive end that perk ever dreamed of being. he can jump higher, shoot better, lumbers a heck of a lot less. can he rebound? is he tough under the basket? can he play defense better than me (which is pretty darned bad)?

who knows? - this is youtube.

lamb looked to be a nice player who can do a range of things on both ends of the court....at least in videos. seems athletic, though not especially fast.

i dont know whom ainge will pick, but i am pretty confident ainge will do a good job of getting someone who can help the celtics. ainge does pretty well so far picking in the teens and twenties range of the draft.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Speaking of Austin Rivers has there ever been a father-son or even brother-brother or uncle-nephew or anything like that pair in NBA history? Did the Dunleavey's pull that off? Did technically the Ainge's do it for like a week? 

Me thinks there be great danger in this. Or at least a high risk/reward formula

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
What happens if the whole 2011 season is lost?  How would they set the 2012 draft order?  That could be a crazy process.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Terrence Ross is probably an idiot.  His recruiting was absurd and he flip flopped, did the hat dance on tv, put on the hat of one team and then changed his mind by the next day. I don't want him near a team a root for unless he truly shows he has grown up. And I don't think any of this would escape Danny Ainge though he was dumb enough to sign Green, Gerald.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
I think Anthony Davis is going to be the best player in this Draft but he's beyond our reach. 
This guy should be in our range though... http://www.coachcal.com/7735/2011/10/transformer-jones-has-new-focus-different-body/
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
With this lockout going on, does it even matter? >:(

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 02:41:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
a guy named festus? sign me up

Seconded!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I know this isn't a flashy or cool answer but Danny will pick who he always picks -- the BPA.

I'm hoping that the draft is deep enough that the C's can grab an athletic, rebounding big man (center or at least a 4/5) to go with Johnson in the front court and a swingman shooter with range that can play decent defense with the Clipper pick and their pick.

Trying to make the best of a crappy situation, if they actually have a season this year, I'm doubtful the C's have a great regular season record---probably good enough for 1st round home court only -- behind Miami and Chicago at least.  This would result in a pretty decent pick for them next year, probably around pick 20 (yes, I think the West will have a lot of teams with better records than the C's)

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Perry Jones goes hard!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:00:35 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
nbadraft.net has Perry Jones going 11.  That would be an awesome pick.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
We need more Videos of prospects LOL

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14