Author Topic: is there such a thing as jumping back over the shark?  (Read 11817 times)

Re: is there such a thing as jumping back over the shark?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't know if hiatuses count but if so Beavis and Butthead look to be well on their way...the last season before they went off the air was pretty much a mess, but last night's episodes were great.

I think I was always in the minority in thinking that each year of B&B got better and better and they were pretty much their best in their last season.

But, I will agree with you that they seem to be right back on track. I love King of the Hill and glad Mike Judge had a very successful series for such a long time, but I am psyched Beavis and Butthead is back...

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't know if hiatuses count but if so Beavis and Butthead look to be well on their way...the last season before they went off the air was pretty much a mess, but last night's episodes were great.

I think I was always in the minority in thinking that each year of B&B got better and better and they were pretty much their best in their last season.

But, I will agree with you that they seem to be right back on track. I love King of the Hill and glad Mike Judge had a very successful series for such a long time, but I am psyched Beavis and Butthead is back...
He didn't quit B&B to do KOTH, he quit B&B because MTV hosed him on the royalties and his pay, and because MTV owned it he couldn't make it elsewhere.  MTV finally came to its senses and gave him a fair deal, which is pretty much the only reason it is back on the air.  This was directly from Mike Judge on Howard Stern last week.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 05:36:26 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

He didn't quit B&B to do KOTH, he quit B&B because MTV hosed him on the royalties and his pay, and because MTV owned it he couldn't make it elsewhere.  MTV finally came to its senses and gave him a fair deal, which is pretty much the only reason it is back on the air.  This was directly from Mike Judge on Howard Stern last week.

MTV is notorious for that stuff, as are all viacomm stations (see, Dave Chappelle). They choke-hold the copyrights and have often in the past been accused of screwing their employees.

The fact that Stewart/Colbert/Parker/Stone are still with CC is just shocking.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 06:00:42 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

He didn't quit B&B to do KOTH, he quit B&B because MTV hosed him on the royalties and his pay, and because MTV owned it he couldn't make it elsewhere.  MTV finally came to its senses and gave him a fair deal, which is pretty much the only reason it is back on the air.  This was directly from Mike Judge on Howard Stern last week.

MTV is notorious for that stuff, as are all viacomm stations (see, Dave Chappelle). They choke-hold the copyrights and have often in the past been accused of screwing their employees.

The fact that Stewart/Colbert/Parker/Stone are still with CC is just shocking.

Are you sure about that? I'd have to think that at the very least Comedy Central is fair based off the merchandising opportunities South Park and Colbert Report create.

I know the Chapelle relationship didn't end well, but what can they really be accused of in that case? Showing clips he didn't want released after he failed to give them any new material?