Author Topic: PB&J  (Read 15583 times)

PB&J
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
when you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which do you put on first, the PB or the jelly?

discuss!

yep, I'm bored
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: PB&J
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:51:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
the pb so i can wipe the extra amount on the other bread slice.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
  Peanut butter first. You refrigerate jelly but not peanut butter. You do the peanut butter first and when you do the jelly you get a little peanut butter in it. If you did the jelly first, you'd get a little jelly in the peanut butter jar, putting something that's supposed to be refrigerated into a container that won't be refrigerated. Seems like a bad idea.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
 Peanut butter first. You refrigerate jelly but not peanut butter. You do the peanut butter first and when you do the jelly you get a little peanut butter in it. If you did the jelly first, you'd get a little jelly in the peanut butter jar, putting something that's supposed to be refrigerated into a container that won't be refrigerated. Seems like a bad idea.

This is pretty much my strategy to a tee.

I am a brand-name elitist about very few things in life, but I'll go to my grave with a teal jar of creamy Skippy.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Reagan has jelly beans in his grave so I could see that

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 10:53:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

This is pretty much my strategy to a tee.

I am a brand-name elitist about very few things in life, but I'll go to my grave with a teal jar of creamy Skippy.

-sw

Not particular about brands, but I always go with extra crunchy.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

If you knew anything about anything ;D you'd know you have to switch to a spoon when scooping the jelly.  Jelly wasn't meant to be picked up with a knife, it's too slippery.

The real reason why you do the PB first is because you can spread jelly on top of your peanut butter, while you can't spread peanut butter through/on top of jelly.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 12:22:35 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i put extra jelly first..

then crunchy peanut butter..

i take off the ends of the bread..

and a tall cold glass of milk..

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 01:16:58 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
i put extra jelly first..

then crunchy peanut butter..

i take off the ends of the bread..

and a tall cold glass of milk..

In a washed out OE bottle?

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 01:21:55 AM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
PB first, so I can get the right amount without having an insane dry mouth feeling.  And to save silverware, I usually just wash off and wipe the peanut butter knife and proceed with jelly.  Striking your knife through a newly opened jar of peanut butter feels good, man.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 01:58:20 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
My friend has a garden in his backyard with a grapevine and peach trees... just got a nice jar of homemade grape jelly.

TP for this topic lol.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 09:03:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

If you knew anything about anything ;D you'd know you have to switch to a spoon when scooping the jelly.  Jelly wasn't meant to be picked up with a knife, it's too slippery.

The real reason why you do the PB first is because you can spread jelly on top of your peanut butter, while you can't spread peanut butter through/on top of jelly.

I generally tip the jelly jar sideways and kind of pull the jelly out with the knife.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:46:18 AM by BballTim »

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

If you knew anything about anything ;D you'd know you have to switch to a spoon when scooping the jelly.  Jelly wasn't meant to be picked up with a knife, it's too slippery.

I generally tip the jelly jar sideways and kind of pull the jelly out with the knife.

Fair enough.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 05:16:41 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
A slight tangent, but on Friday I was driving and yearning for a snack.  I stopped at a convenience store and perused through the candy and chips aisles.  I came across and then purchased an 8-pack of Keebler peanut butter crackers -- satisfying and well within my acceptable nutrition standards (actually, a very healthy choice for me).

Once back in the car, I absent-mindedly peeled back the wrapper and popped the crunchy goodness in my mouth.  It tasted odd.  I chewed and continued to be puzzled by the strangely sweet flavor of which I was unaccustomed.  After a few moments of concern and worry as to whether I had ingested a tainted PB cracker, I looked at the wrapper.  I had inadvertently purchased PB&J crackers!  As a firmly anti-jelly person, I felt annoyed and duped.  The taste remained in my mouth for an uncomforatble length of time as my hunger remained unsatiated.

Tough world.

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
the pb so i can wipe the extra amount on the other bread slice.

sho nuff
Yup