Author Topic: PB&J  (Read 15647 times)

Re: PB&J
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
ever pack a PBJ to go, only to find the jelly side of the bread sopping wet when go to eat it?  
gross, I know

here's the solution

PB both sides of the bread, lather your jelly in the middle and seal in your goodness for the day   ;)

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I'm usually a PB first, wipe the knife on the other piece of bread, then jelly

I generally wipe my knife (on an angle) on the top edge (near the crust) of the peanut buttered bread. Just hold the knife at a 45 or so degree angle with the slice of bread and whatever comes off the knife seems to stay on the top of the bread (thus the inside of the sandwich).

but if I'm feeling extra hungry and don't want two sandwiches, I go with the triple decker: three slices of bread with PB and J in there twice - and I like a lot of (crunchy) PB too

Yes, the triple decker is the way to go.

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Kiorrik . . These friendly Americans are simply sharing their culinary discoveries!!!

For me (although i'm partial to a regular white bread pb&j sandwich) it's got to be on warm toast. The peanut butter starts to slightly melt but the jam stays cool . . . Yum!!!

Btw . . Your jelly is my jam (sounds like a song title!)

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Consensus if there is one:

Skippy is the best PB?

Kraft?

Other?

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Kiorrik . . These friendly Americans are simply sharing their culinary discoveries!!!

For me (although i'm partial to a regular white bread pb&j sandwich) it's got to be on warm toast. The peanut butter starts to slightly melt but the jam stays cool . . . Yum!!!

Jarufu, if truth be known, I would rather have potato scones with marmalade any day.   (In the U.S. jam has fruit in it, jelly is gelatin fruit juice spread.  If I remember correctly, in the British Isles and Ireland jelly is similar to our Jello.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »

Kiorrik

Yuck! :D haha, I'll have to try it sometime though. I'll let you know how it goes :)
You, flippin', Americans.

Seriously.

said the man with his head flipped over
Yeah, fair point. Us Dutchies have our fair share of nasty habits, overly salty liquorice being one of my favourites. Ooh and raw herring with some unions, yum!

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:20 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

Jarufu, if truth be known, I would rather have potato scones with marmalade any day.   (In the U.S. jam has fruit in it, jelly is gelatin fruit juice spread.  If I remember correctly, in the British Isles and Ireland jelly is similar to our Jello.)

Hmmm .. Jelly/Jello, yes .. but I always thought that American Jelly is just the same as the cheap kind of smooth Jam over this side of the pond?  I stand corrected tho .

Kiorrik - no love for cheese?  The Dutch do like the cheese .. and space cakes, of course!  :P
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 10:41:36 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yuck! :D haha, I'll have to try it sometime though. I'll let you know how it goes :)
You, flippin', Americans.

Seriously.

said the man with his head flipped over
Yeah, fair point. Us Dutchies have our fair share of nasty habits, overly salty liquorice being one of my favourites. Ooh and raw herring with some unions, yum!

Don't you guys do Mayonnaise on French Fries too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIk-xp3F3kI
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »

Kiorrik

Oh HELL yeah, smother my fries in mayonnaise! The funny thing though, is they're talking MacDonalds over there, and at Mac's, they don't serve mayonnaise, they serve this thing called "Mad Sauce". And look at that bottle:

:]]

So, yeah, that, and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. But I prefer French cheese most of the time. Unless it's a cheese-plate after dinner, then I do love having a mix with some really good old cheese and some french brie.

Oh and there's "Grass-cheese", or that's what it's called in Holland. When spring comes round, cows eat fresh grass again, and the first cheeses that come from that, are named after that. They're very young and soft.

I'll stop talking about cheese now.

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 12:28:50 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Although I was recently introduced (by my girlfriend) to the awesome snack that is apple slices slathered with smooth peanut butter.
Bomb.  Try adding whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
A delicious variation my Mom used to make for me, and I still share with unsuspecting guests from time-to-time, (much to their surprised delight - don't knock it 'til you try it) ... peanut butter and banana sandwich: Jif Crunchy, (or inferior substitute), spread on one half, with sliced bananas placed on top, and another slice of bread as a topper ... yum! Don't know why, but PB and bananas is just one of those odd combos that really works!

(She used to give me a bowl of sliced bananas in orange juice for breakfast sometimes, too ... also delicious).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 01:55:27 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
pb
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
pb
Edgar, if you read this thread, you will start to gain back the weight you worked so hard to lose....just sayin...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't like it when I see pb and fluff. I get that it's like candy, but to see kids that think it's a meal is pretty sad. I mean we're talking diabetes city. Granted jelly has sugar too, but still. Then if we just combine it with some chips and soda we can get diabetes and cavities too. They probably shouldn't let that stuff in schools, but I'm not a nutritionist, so I don't know

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 02:55:25 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I don't like it when I see pb and fluff. I get that it's like candy, but to see kids that think it's a meal is pretty sad. I mean we're talking diabetes city. Granted jelly has sugar too, but still. Then if we just combine it with some chips and soda we can diabetes and cavities too. They probably shouldn't let that stuff in schools, but I'm not a nutritionist, so I don't know
I agree.  Boycott Marshmallow Fluff.  All the more for ME!  (and maybe the price will even drop...  :D )
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Although I was recently introduced (by my girlfriend) to the awesome snack that is apple slices slathered with smooth peanut butter.
Bomb.  Try adding whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
A delicious variation my Mom used to make for me, and I still share with unsuspecting guests from time-to-time, (much to their surprised delight - don't knock it 'til you try it) ... peanut butter and banana sandwich: Jif Crunchy, (or inferior substitute), spread on one half, with sliced bananas placed on top, and another slice of bread as a topper ... yum! Don't know why, but PB and bananas is just one of those odd combos that really works!

(She used to give me a bowl of sliced bananas in orange juice for breakfast sometimes, too ... also delicious).
I'm with you on that one.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale