Author Topic: Theo Epstein Deal Close at Hand (to Cubs)  (Read 4158 times)

Theo Epstein Deal Close at Hand (to Cubs)
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: Theo Epstein Deal Close at Hand (to Cubs)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Instead of "Cubs" I briefly saw "Cuba"

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Instead of "Cubs" I briefly saw "Cuba"

Now that would be interesting.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Do you think we could get Elian Gonzales for him? Because I think we should go get that kid back. 
Also I'm willing to discuss sending Jose Canseco back there on loan 6 months a year

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What he accomplished that makes this Red Sox team a viable contender year in and year out, ownership will never let come undone. That is, he rebuilt the farm system, established baseball schools geared towards singling out and recruiting international stars early, he implemented the "Moneyball" philosophy of baseball into the franchise, and acquired tons of All-Star talent on the major league team.

I also believe that Lucchino will now take a more supervisory role over whoever is hired and will be more the guiding hand in what happens from the management end of things. For that reason, I doubt Ben Carrington or any of the other young wonder kids the Sox have in the management area will be able to mess things up at all.

I don't think we will see all that much difference in the way things operate on Yawkey Way, with or without Epstein.

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:16:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I'd love him to go to the Cubs. But I want a good GM in the pipeline. But I think he's done here like Kyle Orton is done in Denver or like Drew Bledsoe was done after Brady won the Super Bowl.

You're done. We'll remember the good times, but you're done.

Kinda like when you're at a party and everything is going awesome. You're making tons of friends and have a great outfit. Then the owner of the house walks up and is like "I couldn't help but notice you were making out with my wife". And you're like "Woah. I am really really sorry. I had no idea. You know what? I'll just hang out with that chick over there. She gave me her number already and she seemed pretty cool. OK?" and then he says "That would be my 18 year old daughter".  

It's just time to go. You didn't mean for this to happen but you just shouldn't be here any more. Things just got away from you. You did your best. But it's time to go.

Good bye boy wonder. I will always remember you till I have a hard time remembering things.

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I'd love him to go to the Cubs. But I want a good GM in the pipeline. But I think he's done here like Kyle Orton is done in Denver or like Drew Bledsoe was done after Brady won the Super Bowl.

You're done. We'll remember the good times, but you're done.

Kinda like when you're at a party and everything is going awesome. You're making tons of friends and have a great outfit. Then the owner of the house walks up and is like "I couldn't help but notice you were making out with my wife". And you're like "Woah. I am really really sorry. I had no idea. You know what? I'll just hang out with that chick over there. She gave me her number already and she seemed pretty cool. OK?" and then he says "That would be my 18 year old daughter".  

It's just time to go. You didn't mean for this to happen but you just shouldn't be here any more. Things just got away from you. You did your best. But it's time to go.

Good bye boy wonder. I will always remember you till I have a hard time remembering things.

Possibly the best/funniest analogy of all time. TP!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Theo is exactly what the Cubs need.

They need to get with the 21st century and revamp their entire philosophy; scouting, developing their minor league system, current MLB player evaluation.  Getting a competent manager in there won't hurt either.

The biggest problem facing Theo is that he'll have some albatross contracts that are going to be a pain to unload.

I don't think this will be an overnight reversal of fortune for the Cubbies.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 06:17:56 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Hey, maybe we'll get to see a Cubs/Florida Gators? 2015 World Series after all.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *