Author Topic: This guy is my hero  (Read 3826 times)

This guy is my hero
« on: September 30, 2011, 03:15:43 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/30/guy-chokes-a-kid-after-being-made-fun-of-in-black-ops-were/

Of course this guy was wrong to do this, but anyone who has played online has to feel this guy scored one for all of us.

We read in horror today the story of Mark Bradford, a 46-year-old, jobless father of three from Plymouth, Devon (UK). After being killed and then taunted by a 13-year-old opponent in Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bradford tracked down his teenage opponent (in real life) and proceeded to mercilessly choke him. The attack was luckily thwarted by the teen's mother and Bradford later admitted to one count of assault.

It's a grim story, and simply inexcusable. A grown man attacking a child like this turns our stomachs and should turn the stomach of any responsible, caring human. This is the end of our post on the matter, and it in no way continues after the break.

...OK, they're gone. Sorry, we can't be too careful and our bosses never read after the jump. Here's our real post.

We need to first apologize about what we said about Mark Bradford, because Mark Bradford is  Batman.

Listen to this quote from him: "I'd been playing the whole day and he was baiting me and baiting me and just would not shut up. He went on and on and I just lost it." Ever felt that way about some wretched, homophobic kid who has nothing better to do than play video games, eat barbeque potato chips and taunt employed people? Yeah, so has everybody. But only Mark Bradford had the sheer will and determination to find this punk's address, get in his car and pour that little **** a refreshing Choke-a-Cola.

We hope kids tell stories in hushed whispers about Mark Bradford. "No, no, he came for my friend Danny! He teabagged him like 40 times and like 30 minutes later, an eight-foot-tall guy in a trench coat shows up and made him eat 40 literal tea bags ... at gunpoint. It's true!"

To Mark Bradford: We know you're going to catch some flak from people who've never suffered in the way you were forced to, but know that we're preparing a banquet in your honor when you get out of the clink.

To the kid who we hope now permanently talks with a rasp: When you act like a ****head to someone twice your size, they may try to kill you. Welcome to the last 2.5 million years of human evolution.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Re: This guy is my hero
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Found a pic of your hero:

:P

Seriously though this is one of the many reasons why I don't do anonymous multiplayer.  The people with the most free time to get awesome at the game are also the people who are most likely to be obnoxious pricks about it.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

Seriously though this is one of the many reasons why I don't do anonymous multiplayer.  The people with the most free time to get awesome at the game are also the people who are most likely to be obnoxious pricks about it.

:o I finally found my long lost dad.

"Obnoxious pricks" is too nice of a term for some of these people. But Gears is my crack and I can't put it down.

What I don't understand is why this guy didn't mute this kid.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Seriously though this is one of the many reasons why I don't do anonymous multiplayer.  The people with the most free time to get awesome at the game are also the people who are most likely to be obnoxious pricks about it.

:o I finally found my long lost dad.

"Obnoxious pricks" is too nice of a term for some of these people. But Gears is my crack and I can't put it down.

What I don't understand is why this guy didn't mute this kid.

Apparently he tried to...

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 04:25:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe look for a job and not play Call of Duty would make him a better dad.

People think they are safe online.  Thus they act ruder and generally in a bad fashion.   While I don't agree with assaulting kids or condone it.   It was bound to happen sooner or later with the mouths on some kids.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:25:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
lol, I honestly have no sympathy for the kid as long as he's not seriously injured.

Anonymity isn't a free pass to run your mouth.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
A sad day for internet thugs.

Reminds me of the end of Jay and Silent Bob:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1_8wefR7c

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
its a game...

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
TP Manup

Yea, its just a game, but still. Just like Beer Muscles/Goggles, just b/c your hiding behind a video game miles away doesn't make you a tough one.

Trash talk all day long, but..
(I work from home doing Xbox customer support)
the sound of a prepuberty boy's voice calling to complain about getting suspended for running his mouth on LIVE and using language he doesn't even understand, let alone the fact that he has 69 and/or 420 in his gamertag and is a virgin that has no clue what the hype is all about on April 20th every year...that sound is like nails on chalkboard for me.
Everytime they call with pranks that aren't funny, or issues with being suspened/banned from LIVE b/c they modded they console or acct...I laugh. Deliver the hard message and disconnect.
Can't stop, Rondo!