Author Topic: 2k11 Celtics team  (Read 3708 times)

2k11 Celtics team
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
For anybody who plays the 2k series or just has some contributions/love/hate feel free to comment.

I picked the Celtics in association mode. I know how to play with them the best. I realized I never used the pf/c positions for offense AT ALL. Rondo, Ray, and Pierce just ran it all. So I retooled the C's big men for two reasons:

1. To get younger somewhere and bring in new talent.

2. To bring in scoring big men who can also play defense.

Follow me on my trade cycle and youll see my final product as it stands now. SOme trades I regret but some worked out beautifully so its all good. here we go...

1. Shaq, Kristic, and Von Wafer for Pietris, Robin Lopez and Larry hughes (FA pickup by PHX) -Loved this trade

2. KG, Green, and Dwest for Josh SMith and Jamal Crawford.
-Crawford was a bad deal but JSmoove was awesome!

3. Jamal crawford and Arroyo for Jameer Nelson and Brandon Bass. Jameer was crazy starting pg while Rondo was injured. Hes crying now that hes coming of the bench

4. JO and Big baby for Perk and Ibaka.
Thought this would be good for many reasons. Ibaka wanted to start and Perk took me a while to get used to.

5. Hughes and Bass for DeAndre Jordan and randy foye
Basically wanted to get rid of bass. And get a C

6. Lopez and Ibaka for Kurt Thomas and Taj Gibson.
Kurt Thomas at 38 is actually good on here and Gibson is a beast at both ends (offense more so)

7. Bradley for matt Barnes.
Probably shoudnt have done this but I was losing faith in Pietris. Bradley is actually like rondo in the game minus the passing and penetrating. He;s just as quick, solid defense, and can score. O well.

8. Foye for TA. Yup we brought Perk and TA back, everybody happy???

I did go a little trade crazy but its a fun time.

Current Celtics roster....

PG: Rondo, Nelson
SG: Ray, TA
SF: The Truth, Barnes, Pietris
PF: JSmoove, Gibson
C: Perk, Thomas, Jordan

I would trade Ray if I was really intent on getting younger but man he throws cold blooded dagers in 2k. Crazy shooting. PG PF and C positions all have young up and comers. 2-3 years (seasons) I'll need the SG and SF to be messed with. But for now we have a good balance of defense (first priority) 3rd best in the league, with plenty of offensive fire power. Rondo leads the league in assists, and JSmoove is currently topping the list for MVP and defensive player of the year.

I really like having smith, this team can run, shoot, and defend. And we lead the league in blocks and steals by a wide margin.

Downside, we are 18-14 right now after starting 8-2. Trades killed morale but we're set now and chemistry is building now. This is a fun team (probably in real life too)
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Re: 2k11 Celtics team
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Perk won't do you much good in 2k11.  He's pretty useless except to single cover traditional centers (oh wait, that's like real life).

Nelson is a waste off the bench since Rondo should play 38-40 minutes a night, and TA will get all the backup SG minutes (or should).

Josh Smith always plays unrealistically well (or puts up unrealistically good stats if simulated), so that's a good call.

My guess is your team will be good defensively but will lack in scoring -- a lot like the real life Celtics.  But if that roster works well for you when you control them, then more power to you.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
That's a good team, but with all the trading, wouldn't your chemistry be extremely low? I've played as the Celtics almost a hundred times, and my first move is always trade for DeAndre Jordan. He's a flat out beast, sometimes I accidentally mistake him for Dwight Howard - if there is any difference in 2k besides maybe post game.

Overall, it looks good. I would regret the KG trade every now and then, but J Smooth is a good replacement. Nelson was nice, Barnes will most likely get injured, Pietrus is okay, and if you had KG instead of Smith, you'd have the best defensive front court rotation in the league.  

Ibaka > Gibson by a long shot. That might have been the worst trade, Gibson is great and all but Ibaka has size, length(important in 2k), and can finish.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
where is scal..?

throw him in the mix and use his 3 range..

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 11:36:29 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
1. Yes we are beasts defensively and scoring is a bonus. I'll score 20+ one quarter then 7-8 another (6 min quarters).

2. Ya now that Rondo is back, Nelson's role is limited and hes getting restless. Might have to do one last trade to move him. And ya the chemistry started at 50% pre trades and got all the way down to 10% (mostly due to my losing streak). But no it's up in the 30's looking better.

Get Scal? CHI couldnt find a reasonable trade offer.  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice

Ibaka > Gibson by a long shot. That might have been the worst trade, Gibson is great and all but Ibaka has size, length(important in 2k), and can finish.

Ibaka was getting irritated about coming off the bench from day 1. He has a slightly lower rating (although never a real measure of skill/talent) Gibson, who has no problem coming off the bench. I tried to get used to his play style but couldn't get it, combined with his dropping rating, he was becoming a liability. Gibson can finish near the rim, shoot the mid range (quite well) shot, run, and play good post defense. I also got kurt thomas for lopez which was a good deal for me while deandre jordan develops.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:04:04 AM »

Offline Quinn22

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
10 out of 10. What more could you ask for? You have the play-makers, the shooters, the Aggressive big men, and the rebounders. The bench is better than average. If a team of this caliber were to form together in real life, one word. Ring.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Why you still playing 2k11?

2k12 is more realistic, cheap, but more realistic.

2k12 has the online association so you can take over for Danny and see if you can do a better.  You can go up against other wannabe GM's. Then you can take to C's in to battle and show them we can still be dangerous. 

It has been hard going though lol.

I prefer fantasy draft online association.

I control the Celtics with a bunch of my friends running their teams.

My Celtic fantasy team is as follows.

PG Collison
SG Roy
SF top 5 generic rookie I drafted (we are in year 2 and I made a Red trade to get a top 5 pick :)) rated 83
PF Aldrige
C Chandler

Bench
PG Jack
SG R Bell
SF M Evans
PF Jamison
C Przbilla

We play well and only lose when 2k does the cheap stuff.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach