Author Topic: NBA 2K12  (Read 31792 times)

Re: NBA 2K12
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
For anyone still playing 2K11, I am working on a roster that will be 100% accurate for the 2011-12 season.

I post at OperationSports.com - my gamertag / username is mkharsh33.  This is for the 360.

Since 2K11 shut down their servers for sharing rosters, you'll need a 360 formatted USB stick to get them.  See my thread there...  I have been in that community for many years, and I also have 8 seasons worth of historic rosters that are 100% accurate (if you mine the threads there you'll find the information - you can also find a thread there called "Hardwood Classics."

wow that sounds...time consuming, haha.

i'm still paying 2k11 inbetween battlefield 3 sessions. i'll definitely take a look at those rosters, though.  you do player accessories and all that, too?

Yes, many accessories included.  I grabbed a GREAT roster from 2K11 before they shut down their servers.  It was THE BEST one available, with all the draft picks added.  It's a working file, but it's fun to do.  There is another great roster maker at that site (username: portlandblazer) that I've worked in tandem with.  Together we created EVERY complete season from 1984-85 to 1999-2000 - Full post-trade deadline rosters.  Yes, it's time consuming, but a hobby and an escape from work and family responsibilities.

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I wish they would have added the old Boston Garden and the Forum to this game.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 02:32:34 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
I'm still on 2K11, gonna wait for 12 to get cheaper.

Also, from what I've heard 12 has too many bugs and stuff for me, want to let them patch it up a bit first.

I have a MyPlayer going with the TrailBlazers. He's a beast of a Center that inexplicable has the speed of Derrick Rose. Quite fun to run the offense with an inhuman monster. I've put up quintuple doubles more than once (because the inbound passing is retarded and makes it easy to grab steals, and the computer is woefully bad at guarding pick-and-rolls).

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is it just me or are our rookies still not added to the roster ???

They were all added last Thursday, I believe. I know I saw 2k tweet that and I was playing with Faried over the weekend.
Was that on PS3 or 360? I'm on playstation haven't got any of the second round picks just first
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2011, 10:43:33 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
This is the worst 2k ever

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
If anyone is looking for solid, updated CURRENT rosters for 2K11 (not 2K12) please visit www.operationsports.com

Go to the basketball forums - rosters.  My gamertag (360 only) is mkharsh33

You will need a solid knowledge of how to get an OFFLINE file from the download link I provide to your desktop, to a thumb drive memory stick and to your 360.  My thread (page 1 - post 1) has the details on what programs you need and a step-by-step tutorial.  Rosters have updated ratings, updated accessories, and reflect the current NBA season (injured players buried on depth chart).  I post files there daily, and you're welcome to check them out!  mike

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If anyone is looking for solid, updated CURRENT rosters for 2K11 (not 2K12) please visit www.operationsports.com

You will need a solid knowledge of how to get an OFFLINE file from the download link I provide to your desktop, to a thumb drive memory stick and to your 360.  My thread (page 1 - post 1) has the details on what programs you need and a step-by-step tutorial.  Rosters have updated ratings, updated accessories, and reflect the current NBA season (injured players buried on depth chart).  I post files there daily, and you're welcome to check them out!  mike

Sweet!  I might look into this.  I still play 2k11.  Haven't bothered to shell out the money just for the new rookies.

The #1 thing I wish they would fix is make the Association mode more realistic.  I hate having to fix the potential ratings on every single player and every lottery pick in each created draft class just to combat rampant ratings inflation.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Sweet!  I might look into this.  I still play 2k11.  Haven't bothered to shell out the money just for the new rookies.

The #1 thing I wish they would fix is make the Association mode more realistic.  I hate having to fix the potential ratings on every single player and every lottery pick in each created draft class just to combat rampant ratings inflation.

You do that too!?  Haha I do that in 2k12 too. Its perfect if you decrease everyone by 15. There are draft classes that you can download. Some are pretty good. You can even get rookies with some.

Without the stupid potential, Association is so good. If they made the trade logic and lineup management better, I'd buy it immediately.

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I've been beasting in 2k12 lately w/ some lockdown D

If anybody wants to challenge on ps3 drop your ID and well set up somethin  :P
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
There are some really nice drafts in the 2k Share files. I found 2012 rookies that have almost as realistic faces as the in-game rookie faces now!

Has anybody tried Association online? I am getting xbox live gold soon and I never tried it before. Is it just like regular association?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2012, 01:04:07 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

You do that too!?  Haha I do that in 2k12 too. Its perfect if you decrease everyone by 15. There are draft classes that you can download. Some are pretty good. You can even get rookies with some.

Without the stupid potential, Association is so good. If they made the trade logic and lineup management better, I'd buy it immediately.

Well, simulation in Association mode is still really silly.  I don't have the patience to play every game, but it gets really tiresome seeing top seeded teams lose in the first round every season. 

2k assumes too much parity.  It's stupid that the best regular season record is usually in the low 50's, and I can have a team with a 95 overall rating that still hovers just above .500.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2012, 01:10:50 AM »

Offline bstnsportsfan3

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
I've been beasting in 2k12 lately w/ some lockdown D

If anybody wants to challenge on ps3 drop your ID and well set up somethin  :P

my psn name is bstnsportsfan3   

feel free to hit me up on 2K12
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"-Larry Bird

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »

Offline mattstermh

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm on PC and modding the home headband to green.

Anyone know why the Celtics went from green headbands in a few games and are now back to white? 

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »

Offline larrikin

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I am a PC NBA2K'er

You just can't beat the mods for it.

My NBA 2K10 is purely dedicated to the 1992 NBA season.  NBA 2K11 1996