Author Topic: NBA 2K12  (Read 31866 times)

Re: NBA 2K12
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 09:49:19 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
I love it except to many stolen passes where a player would never ever react that way unless he has eyes in the back of his head.

And also don't like CPU being able to close on you so quick on D but your CPU players rarely do the same for you.

And also the lack of foul calls but that could be because I play as the C's?  ;D
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 04:53:55 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Anyone wanna play?
My username is chambers_au3
I can't seem to play anyone in quickmatch- it never finds an opponent.
Add me to get an asswhoopin'. (I'm pretty crap haha)
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 04:57:22 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Also, does anyone know if the NBA 2K12 online service is down or their matching system is down?
It says there are 6600 players online but I never get an opponent...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 05:14:58 AM »

Offline IsItTheShoes

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
What are people's perceptions after the patch? I can't really notice too much gameplay-wise. Speed is still woeful - it's [dang] infuriating to see Perk nearly outrun Rondo on a fastbreak. But, as long as the trade logic is fixed, that's a start I guess.

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 05:52:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
What are people's perceptions after the patch? I can't really notice too much gameplay-wise. Speed is still woeful - it's [dang] infuriating to see Perk nearly outrun Rondo on a fastbreak. But, as long as the trade logic is fixed, that's a start I guess.
I like it seems more fluid you can actually pass to the post without it getting picked off, graphics even got a upgrade. The new roster is nice got everbody except our rookies hopefully it's updated soon. If we are anything like the game there's some crazy lineups you can run with that I've been successful with. We got a dynamic bench in Marquis, Green and Bass  8)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 06:22:24 AM »

Offline IsItTheShoes

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I like it seems more fluid you can actually pass to the post without it getting picked off, graphics even got a upgrade. The new roster is nice got everbody except our rookies hopefully it's updated soon. If we are anything like the game there's some crazy lineups you can run with that I've been successful with. We got a dynamic bench in Marquis, Green and Bass  8)
Yeah the passing was just nuts beforehand. It's annoying, I love the additions to my player like contracts and everything, but I prefer the gameplay in 2k11 haha. I'm looking forward to playing with Stiemsma! Even though he'll be an absolute spud in the game hahaa

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Also, does anyone know if the NBA 2K12 online service is down or their matching system is down?

i'm still playing 2k11 haha, but, maybe i can provide some insight...

in 2k11 (it took me a while to figure this out) you need to press the x-button (i think (xbox)) to bring up a secondary interface.  From there you can navigate to freinds online as well as different lobbies and challenge other people online. 

I had a similar problem with quickmatch when i first played and got very frusterated.  They didnt do a great job with navigation in last year's edition, maybe some of that is still causing your issue.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

2K(supposedly aiming for a better online experience) changed the network coding to one that was used for Dreamcast for the Peer2Peer matchmaking.

In summary, it's terrible. Even worst than 2k11. Complete embarassment when they said that was their focus this year...
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Anyone having trouble with the new control system? I kinda want my 'y' button back. I'm sure it's just a level of familiarity with the new system, but I hate not being sure if I'm going to execute a move properly (ie: go for a spin dunk and end up doing like a hop step left).

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm still playing 2k11. Just started a season with the C's. 37-4 haha in all star mode. Once you understand everyone's release the game gets way to easy. Last game I went 12/13 with Ray.

I did the whole Myplayer thing also. PG on the Nets won two championships. Injured a ton though. But again I found that very easy I was posting 25ppg/17assists/7 rebounds. I'm trying to play as if it's realistic but pick and rolls with Lopez is seriously deadly in that game.

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is it just me or are our rookies still not added to the roster ???
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:44 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Is it just me or are our rookies still not added to the roster ???

They were all added last Thursday, I believe. I know I saw 2k tweet that and I was playing with Faried over the weekend.

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm still playing 2k11. Just started a season with the C's. 37-4 haha in all star mode. Once you understand everyone's release the game gets way to easy. Last game I went 12/13 with Ray.

yeah, that's why you need sliders and to use real player shooting %
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 11:47:47 AM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
For anyone still playing 2K11, I am working on a roster that will be 100% accurate for the 2011-12 season.

I post at OperationSports.com - my gamertag / username is mkharsh33.  This is for the 360.

Since 2K11 shut down their servers for sharing rosters, you'll need a 360 formatted USB stick to get them.  See my thread there...  I have been in that community for many years, and I also have 8 seasons worth of historic rosters that are 100% accurate (if you mine the threads there you'll find the information - you can also find a thread there called "Hardwood Classics."

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
For anyone still playing 2K11, I am working on a roster that will be 100% accurate for the 2011-12 season.

I post at OperationSports.com - my gamertag / username is mkharsh33.  This is for the 360.

Since 2K11 shut down their servers for sharing rosters, you'll need a 360 formatted USB stick to get them.  See my thread there...  I have been in that community for many years, and I also have 8 seasons worth of historic rosters that are 100% accurate (if you mine the threads there you'll find the information - you can also find a thread there called "Hardwood Classics."

wow that sounds...time consuming, haha.

i'm still paying 2k11 inbetween battlefield 3 sessions. i'll definitely take a look at those rosters, though.  you do player accessories and all that, too?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes