Author Topic: NBA 2K12  (Read 31864 times)

Re: NBA 2K12
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 08:14:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTPBCWheCXo&feature=player_embedded

Pretty cool...looks like they got the Celtic's gameplay accurate. Strikingly similar to how they were playing down the stretch last year. I was even getting frustrated watching Rondo being so passive!

Almost too realistic. Celtics still can't rebound :(  haha, but Pierce's shot looks MUCH better this year, and less like a 2nd handed flat footed girls shot like 2k11

Yeah, although that dribble-stepback-jumpshot combo is a little bit too easy to drain with anybody who has a good jumpshot and a decent handle.  You can rack up tons of points with Deron Williams that way, in particular.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/09/07/nba-2k12-will-not-include-rookies

The plan would be to add the rookies through a roster update – but that could only be done once the lockout is lifted and at this point that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon. In the meantime players like #1 pick Kyrie Irving, #2 pick Derrick Williams, Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette and all those chosen in the 2011 NBA Draft will be absent from NBA 2K12.

Looks like no rookies, and no reason to get it unless you have an internet connection.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

The plan would be to add the rookies through a roster update – but that could only be done once the lockout is lifted and at this point that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon. In the meantime players like #1 pick Kyrie Irving, #2 pick Derrick Williams, Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette and all those chosen in the 2011 NBA Draft will be absent from NBA 2K12.

Looks like no rookies, and no reason to get it unless you have an internet connection.

Correct.  Definitely not buying until the rookies are in it.  Considering that this year's rookie class is really boring, I may not have much desire to buy the game until the cost is greatly reduced.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 10:38:34 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Correct.  Definitely not buying until the rookies are in it.  Considering that this year's rookie class is really boring, I may not have much desire to buy the game until the cost is greatly reduced.

I'm thinking the same thing too. 2k11 was a huge jump from 2k10, and it'd be very hard to improve is drastically in a single year. Along with a couple of new mechanics and tweaks, your really only paying for the 15 Greatest Mode. Not saying that's not going to be worth it(It looks amazing - first thing I'm doing - Kareem vs. Bill Russell showdown, the Sky Hook meets it's match), but if you already have 2k11 I advise maybe waiting along with the players for the lockout to end.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
ya, I think ill pass on this until the lockout ends, or later in the year(whichever comes first)

2k11 was a HUGE jump in quality from 2k10...I just dont see how much more they can improve it. one thing that still looks to be there is missing EASY layups because the player your controlling decides to try some rediculously hard shot, or throws it at the rim

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 07:07:33 AM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Agree with the difficulty issues!

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
definitely buying. while new animations and presentation and special game modes are nice (tho i hardly played the MJ mode in 2k11) but i'm definitely more interested in the huge upgrade to My Player mode, the nice tweaks with regard to post play, and defense (i've been wanting this!), playcalling and computer AI. plus adding more tendencies, so that not every good ballhandler or whatever feels the same.

i dunno anything about changes to the Association so if someone could fill me in, that'd be great! plus, i'm also interested in create-related stuff (create player, team, etc. :P) does anyone have any updates on those?
- LilRip

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:24 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I don't think I'll be in basketball mode to go buy this game next month or whenever it comes out.  I'll continue playing football until the NBA wants to get their act together

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Played the demo.  They removed that imaginary out of bounds wall, which is great.  Like in real bball you can use the lines as an extra defender.  In the last 2 2k's they had that...ok if you make one more false move once you hit the invisible wall you will go out of bounds.

No that wall is not there so any of the superman stuff wont work line stepped on and turnover.  ;D
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Gameplay from the demo they released this morning.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 04:39:02 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

ugh.  i don't know why people like playing with that camera angle.  i always play on the "2k" camera mode so i can see the whole court equally.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

ugh.  i don't know why people like playing with that camera angle.  i always play on the "2k" camera mode so i can see the whole court equally.

Completely agree

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
played the demo as well. seems to be a different feel to it this year. it feels even more realistic which is awesome. love that they're upgrading the post system, i always felt it had been lacking since the earlier 2k's. definitely picking up a copy.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Completely agree

wow..

i need somebody to leaned me they ps3

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
played the demo as well. seems to be a different feel to it this year. it feels even more realistic which is awesome. love that they're upgrading the post system, i always felt it had been lacking since the earlier 2k's. definitely picking up a copy.

Cant wait to bang in the post thia year especially since My Player start out higher and there will be less grinding.

Red Auerbach