Poll

Of these five which is the best rap album?

Chronic
11 (29.7%)
8 mile soundtrack
0 (0%)
Chronic 2001
11 (29.7%)
Doggystyle
7 (18.9%)
Marshall Mathers LP
8 (21.6%)
The Eminem Show
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Of these five which is the best rap album?  (Read 21355 times)

Re: Of these five which is the best rap album?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
To me the first Chronic is the best on that list.

I'm sure I'm in the majority but I love Relapse and Relapse reloaded more than the earlier Eminem stuff.

My Classic album that I keep going back to after all these years is Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda.  I love all of Pharoahe Monch's stuff.

i couldn’t disagree more. Relapse was phoned in and Em would even admit that. His first three albums and recovery are way better in my opinion.

I'm fairly sure that Eminem did say he didn't like Relapse

"To the fans, I never let you down again, I'm back/ I promise to never go back on that promise," the MC says in the song's second verse. "In fact, let's be honest/ That last Relapse CD was ehh/ Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground/ Relax, I ain't going to do that now."

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think it's fair to say Em saved all his best songs for the second CD (originally Relapse 2).  Relapse wasn't bad, arguably his worst, but there were some crazy songs like Underground.  The problem was he way overdid the accent (only did it for 2 songs i think on Encore) and for people that didn't like it, it ruined the album.  As SO pointed out at least he admitted he was wrong.

Good news was he released Refill in between, which was all accent.  Got them out of the way for Recovery which is easily as good as the old stuff, if not better.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I'm sure I'm in the majority but I love Relapse and Relapse reloaded more than the earlier Eminem stuff.

My Classic album that I keep going back to after all these years is Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda.  I love all of Pharoahe Monch's stuff.

i couldn’t disagree more. Relapse was phoned in and Em would even admit that. His first three albums and recovery are way better in my opinion.

"To the fans, I never let you down again, I'm back/ I promise to never go back on that promise," the MC says in the song's second verse. "In fact, let's be honest/ That last Relapse CD was ehh/ Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground/ Relax, I ain't going to do that now."
Yeah, but I think he said that because there weren't as many radio songs and didn't sell as well as his others.  The flows, ryhming, voices, accents and crazy subject matter make it super interesting to me.  I understand why others don't like that stuff as much, but to me it's great.  It's way more experimental then his latest album.

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Plus he absolutely raved about that batch of songs when he was making it and when it first came out.  I think those lyrics were just a reaction to the reaction of others.

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »

Offline boom

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 26
never ever been a m & m fan..i tried to listen to him and he used the n word he threw me off..and most of the choice in your poll is of m & m so.....

i cant relate~

You heard one song that wasn't intended for release where he called out a female for two-timing him, or you saw a youtube video of him rapping lyrics on the Up in Smoke Tour, and you disregarded his talent?

Odd.

Either way, all those albums are good in their own regards, obviously some held up better over time.

Personally though, I'd rock with Illmatic, ATLiens, and Ready to Die over any of those. East Coast bias all the way :p

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
not sayin this is the best rap song or producer..

but this dude mp with cl and skyzoo....beat and lyrics walks on top of your poll choices..

im jus sayin

http://www.youtube.com/v/TlqYAOWTBKE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0