Author Topic: So, any other Brewer fans out there?  (Read 11851 times)

Re: So, any other Brewer fans out there?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Still a good day to be a Brewer fan!!   Beating the Cards adds to the sweetness of victory  ;D

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Still a good day to be a Brewer fan!!   Beating the Cards adds to the sweetness of victory  ;D

Rooting hard for the Brew Crew.  Sweet win today.

Loved the Game 5 celebration. Clearly the city is ready for a winner.

Yup

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Rooting hard for the Brew Crew.  Sweet win today.

Loved the Game 5 celebration. Clearly the city is ready for a winner.
No NHL, Bucks going nowhere and Green Bay doesn't count.    This is that town's best chance at having a winner.

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Totally a fan.  I am an ex-red sox fan (There. I said it. - I couldn't relate to them after '04) so I went to the next best underdog, never gonna win team, the Brewers.  Incidentally I ended up living in Milwaukee for 3 years and now I'm in NYC rooting for them hard.  Funny how the Milwaukee/St Louis rivalry and bad blood this season makes for the most compelling division series I've seen in a while.

Go Brewers!
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Totally a fan.  I am an ex-red sox fan (There. I said it. - I couldn't relate to them after '04) so I went to the next best underdog, never gonna win team, the Brewers.  Incidentally I ended up living in Milwaukee for 3 years and now I'm in NYC rooting for them hard.  Funny how the Milwaukee/St Louis rivalry and bad blood this season makes for the most compelling division series I've seen in a while.

Go Brewers!
Good to hear the support.  although, as far as 'never gonna win team' that would be the Cubs.  ;D 

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Go Brewers!
Good to hear the support.  although, as far as 'never gonna win team' that would be the Cubs.  ;D 

Good luck to your boys tonight.  I made my first visit to Miller Park this past summer.  Beautiful ballpark.  First time I've ever tailgated for a baseball game so that was really cool.  Nothing quite like eating a cheddarwurst (ummm...awesome!) and downing Miller High Lifes before the game.  Great atmosphere.

Also, since moving to Chicago two years ago, I'm starting to learn to hate the Cardinals. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Go Brewers!

And if the Brewers win are you going to become a Cubs fan?
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Can't claim to be a Brewers fan but I'd definitely prefer them to make it to the World Series and maybe to win it

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
so much for this year's magical ride  :(

have to hope they figure out how to keep Fielder and improve at SS, 3B and find a starting ace.  Hope beyond hope that they can talk Sebathia into coming back   :-\

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
well that sucked  >:(

The only thing worse than getting knocked out by the Cards is having them go on to win the World Series -- as the wild card no less!!   Makes me ill  :P