Author Topic: Pick A Player Total Yards Game  (Read 511412 times)

Re: Pick A Player Total Yards Game
« Reply #1770 on: January 25, 2016, 01:19:31 AM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Thanks for running this slam.  It was fun.  Good luck in the championship!!!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #1771 on: January 25, 2016, 08:43:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
SUPERBOWL

AFC  /  NFC

(2) slamtheking - Cam Newton, Carolina

vs

(4) ThirstyBoots18

going with Cam.  Thirstyboot18 is up

« Reply #1772 on: January 25, 2016, 10:33:49 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
SUPERBOWL

AFC  /  NFC

vs

(4) ThirstyBoots18

Never count experience out.  Peyton.  Oldest (most experienced) quarterback to Win the Superbowl!  Prediction in.  Going to a superbowl party to cheer him in.  BTW...leftovers have gotten me this far, slam, and everyone else's bad luck, which I expect to continue.  Good Luck...errrr...good Newton in the finals.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1773 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
SUPERBOWL

AFC  /  NFC

vs

(4) ThirstyBoots18

Never count experience out.  Peyton.  Oldest (most experienced) quarterback to Win the Superbowl!  Prediction in.  Going to a superbowl party to cheer him in.  BTW...leftovers have gotten me this far, slam, and everyone else's bad luck, which I expect to continue.  Good Luck...errrr...good Newton in the finals.
leftovers worked for me last year TB.  Certainly didn't win based on any skills I had for making picks.

« Reply #1774 on: January 27, 2016, 02:55:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
SUPERBOWL

AFC  /  NFC

vs

(4) ThirstyBoots18

leftovers worked for me last year TB.  Certainly didn't win based on any skills I had for making picks.
Good luck to you both, and thanks for keeping up with it this year, Slam ... hoping my recording schedule is a bit lighter next fall so I can be back at it, but that's what I thought LAST year, lol. I can't take sides as your both friends, (though TB is a "real life" friend as well), so just hoping for a fun game, as opposed to last week's - ugh! :)

(I miss the abbreviated html here, lol)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1775 on: February 07, 2016, 10:15:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
wow, talk about immediate turnaround on TPs.  Thanks TB  -- TP back at ya for all the TPs you've doled out for us.
yw.   just lucky timing.  now, if you really want to pay me back....a Superbowl win for me would be nice.....

considering I backed into the championship last year until the superbowl, I think you have a fair shot with Peyton (not that I'm saying you couldn't take someone other than Cam ;) ) since I'm no rocket scientist with my picks.

look at it this way, Panthers could go up big very early.  they just run the ball so Cam doesn't have much yardage and as a result Peyton has to throw a lot.  Panthers still win the bowl but Peyton has the most yardage.  wouldn't surprise me in the least.
seems like it worked in reverse TB -- Cam racked up yardage playing catchup.

congrats to everyone on a great season.  hope to see everyone back for next year.  Kudos to my very worthy opponent and friend TB for winning the Super Bowl (but allowing me to win PAP)

« Reply #1776 on: February 07, 2016, 10:40:16 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Congratulations, Slam, on winning 2016 PAPTYG!  I feel like I have won anyway, I am so happy that Peyton and the Broncos won the game.  It has been a fun season, and you have done a great job administering this Blog game. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #1777 on: February 08, 2016, 11:22:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
wow, talk about immediate turnaround on TPs.  Thanks TB  -- TP back at ya for all the TPs you've doled out for us.
yw.   just lucky timing.  now, if you really want to pay me back....a Superbowl win for me would be nice.....

considering I backed into the championship last year until the superbowl, I think you have a fair shot with Peyton (not that I'm saying you couldn't take someone other than Cam ;) ) since I'm no rocket scientist with my picks.

look at it this way, Panthers could go up big very early.  they just run the ball so Cam doesn't have much yardage and as a result Peyton has to throw a lot.  Panthers still win the bowl but Peyton has the most yardage.  wouldn't surprise me in the least.
seems like it worked in reverse TB -- Cam racked up yardage playing catchup.

congrats to everyone on a great season.  hope to see everyone back for next year.  Kudos to my very worthy opponent and friend TB for winning the Super Bowl (but allowing me to win PAP)

People forget that 2 yeArs ago Peyton threw for a ton of yards in the 43-8 loss to Seattle too.  He just couldn't put it in the end zone.
Yup

« Reply #1778 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Congrats to Slam for the win and to TB for the great runner-up score ... thanks to Slam for taking over this season.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #1779 on: February 09, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Congrats to Slam for the win and to TB for the great runner-up score ... thanks to Slam for taking over this season.
thanks Bahku -- I was just the inadequate monkey running the board in comparison to all those who ran kept this going before me.  Hope people had some fun with this.  hope I (or a better candidate like an actual monkey) can run it again next year -- maybe with actual TP payouts -- haven't had those for a couple of sessions.

« Reply #1780 on: August 30, 2016, 10:24:02 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
BUMPING the thread to see if there's anyone interested in playing along this year

« Reply #1781 on: August 30, 2016, 10:57:28 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I'm in!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #1782 on: August 30, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I knew I could count on you TB!

« Reply #1783 on: August 30, 2016, 01:40:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm in.

Hopefully we get a bit more interest this year.

« Reply #1784 on: August 30, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I am definitely in.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird