Author Topic: Lebron James doesn't tip well  (Read 20237 times)

Re: Lebron James doesn't tip well
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2011, 05:44:44 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Coming from a country where tipping is simply not customary, I like it when the 'gratuity' is included in the final bill. Even if it's a little more than what I would've expected, you don't run the risk of getting a Lebron type of reputation ;)

The simplistic thing to suggest of course would be why not pay the waiters, delivery drivers etc a more reasonable amount so that tipping is not so crucial for them.

Would be great if tips were just a bonus, rather than necessary to make a decent living.
Because service is something that requires effort and talent, which can be developed. Remove incentive and you remove good results. This is why you get better service in American establishments on average.

long as my frys r hot and my drank is cold..it's all good
What if you have to wait forever to get it?  See? 

be worse i wait a long time and they were cold.....

ill wait for quality

I'm just putting one and one together here and am thinking maybe your favorite restaurant is McD's. The fries are guaranteed hot because they have  a rule they throw them away after ten minutes or something. The drink is cold because they give you the cup. There's no tipping, and they're fast.

McD's has its place in the world. I definitely like their breakfasts and those shamrock shakes that I can't believe they only have once a year