Author Topic: Boston/Houston/Kings Trade? (Idea)  (Read 4199 times)

Boston/Houston/Kings Trade? (Idea)
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I have 2 variations to this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43wdwmr

(Helps the Cs with their Center problem)

Boston Receives : Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes
Kings Receive : Glen Davis, Terrence Williams
Houston Receives :  Jermaine O'Neal, JJ Hickson

Celtics get 2 solid centers, Kings receive more forward depth and a potential starter in Big Baby, and Houston receives a solid center to replace Yao and a Big who can hit the open jumper.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3n9ogk6

(Helps the Cs with their center/wing depth)

Boston Receives : Jason Thompson, John Salmons
Houston Receives : Jermaine O'Neal, Donte Green, Future 1st Rounder (From The Celtics)

Boston gets Thompson as a solid starting center similar to KG, and a solid wing in Salmons that can replace Daniels/upgrade him. Kings get Glen Davis, and Terrence Williams, who are a good, young duo that can evolve alongside Cousins and Evans. The Rockets get a formidable O'Neal, a role player in Donte Green, and a future 1st rounder they can use to rebuild.

I like Marcus Smart

Re: Boston/Houston/Kings Trade? (Idea)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »

Offline RR9

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I have 2 variations to this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43wdwmr

(Helps the Cs with their Center problem)

Boston Receives : Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes
Houston Receives :  Jermaine O'Neal, JJ Hickson

Celtics get 2 solid centers, Kings receive more forward depth and a potential starter in Big Baby, and Houston receives a solid center to replace Yao and a Big who can hit the open jumper.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3n9ogk6

(Helps the Cs with their center/wing depth)

Boston Receives : Jason Thompson, John Salmons
Houston Receives : Jermaine O'Neal, Donte Green, Future 1st Rounder (From The Celtics)

Boston gets Thompson as a solid starting center similar to KG, and a solid wing in Salmons that can replace Daniels/upgrade him. Kings get Glen Davis, and Terrence Williams, who are a good, young duo that can evolve alongside Cousins and Evans. The Rockets get a formidable O'Neal, a role player in Donte Green, and a future 1st rounder they can use to rebuild.

I really like the 2nd trade.  Especially since Hollinger's stats say it's fair.  Most trades that actually happen in the NBA have zero win change according to the stats, which I believe in quite a bit.  In any case, I also like it for the reasons you explained.  Salmons' shooting is so streaky that he should come off the bench, not start.  Maybe if he didn't have to play as many minutes/ get injured as easily, he could be more productive as he was in chicago.  I also like that we get rid of big baby and get back jason thompson, someone who has more height and can board given the PT. 

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:38:29 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i like john salmons, hes a good defender

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »

Offline paulcowens

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 79
I don't think Baby and Jermaine have a lot of trade value.  I think they are worth more to us than they would be to most other teams.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I prefer the first one

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Wow, I dunno.  Salmons puts a huge dent in our '12 cap space.  There's no way Danny does that because if he would be interested in this, he would have resigned Perk.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't think Thompson or Hayes has the size we need to be effective centers.  If we kept JO and they were coming off the bench behind him, maybe.  We'd definitely need another legit 7-footer that wouldn't be an embarrassment on the floor to go with them.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jeff Green and/or Glen Davis for DeMarcus Cousins? Didn't DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans had a fall out recently? If it is that bad, then they'd want to get rid of him.

Of course, the best case scenario is Glen Davis and picks/scrubs for Cousins if they're really, really, really desperate to get rid of D-Cousins. Jeff Green has potential to be better.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am confused here.  How does Thompson help them with their center problem?  He is a soft PF.  While he may be able to play spot minutes there, I would feel much more comfortable at center with 30 games of JO, and/or Davis, who is a much more effective center, despite his height (and that is not a compliment to Davis, Thompson is just soft).

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I don't think Baby and Jermaine have a lot of trade value.  I think they are worth more to us than they would be to most other teams.

Jermaine isn't worth much of anything to anybody...He's just going to collect his paycheck, sit, tweat about his dedication, and sit some more.

I have no idea why Sacramento does this in either scenario.  They'd be trading away, by a long shot, the two best players in the deal.