Author Topic: CB Draft 2011 Central Division Press Conferences  (Read 44333 times)

CB Draft 2011 Central Division Press Conferences
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:37:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Here, each of the GMs representing a team in the Central Division will provide an introduction / summary of their team, draft strategy, etc.  Other members should ask questions (directed to one or more GMs), and those GMs should attempt to answer the questions as well as they can.

For those participating, the opening blurbs can include some or all of the following:

1. Roster / depth chart
2. Statistics
3. Pictures
4. Statement regarding drafting philosophy (building for the future, contending now, etc.)
5. Toughest decision
6. Best move (trade, pick, etc.) / worst move
7. Your outlook for this coming season

It can be as substantial or as abbreviated as you want it to be.  These threads are open to all members, not just those posters who participated in the draft.  The more participation we get, the better.

==============================================================

Detroit Pistons - Evantime34 - Pending

Indiana Pacers - StartOrien/Action781 - Pending

El Salvador Pandas - Edgar - Pending

Chicago Bulls - Lucky17 - Pending
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:55:49 AM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Pawnee Pacers
Keeping it classy

Starting Lineup:

Point Guard:  Tony Parker

6'2" 185 lbs
Stats:  17.5 PPG, 6.6 APG, 51.9 fg%
Three time world champion point guard and 4 years removed from NBA Finals MVP will be running the show in Pawnee.  Parker is a proven winner, is a consistent and very steady hand at pg, can score the ball and distribute the ball.  Parker is most noted for his ability to get into the lane against any opponent at will and score at a remarkably high percentage in the lane, which has led him to routinely be among the league leaders in points in the paint.  We look for Parker to play his usual style of basketball to score points and will also allow our frontcourt duo to swallow up any offensive boards when defensive bigs show help on Parker.

Shooting Guard:  Courtney Lee

6'5" 200 lbs
Stats:  8.3 PPG, 40.8 3pt%
Courtney Lee will be asked to do in Pawnee the two things he is known for:  play defense and knock down open shots.  Lee has good size to defend any SG in the league and has a reputation for doing so well.  He has also knocked down 3's at a very respectable 38% clip for his career, which we plan on him getting a lot of open looks at while playing alongside 4 very good offensive options.

Small Forward:  Rudy Gay

6'8" 230 lbs
Stats:  19.8 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 2.8 APG, 47.1 FG%, 39.6 3pt%, 1.7 SPG, 1.1 BPG
Rudy Gay is an all-star talent in the NBA who can do a little of everything.  He can score, rebound, pass, defend, and is very athletic.  Rudy has shown slight improvements to his game every year in the league and at age 24, we don't expect him to stop now.  We look forward to Rudy being one of our guys who can do a little of everything, carry the offense when some of our starters are resting, and hit some big shots in the clutch.

Power Forward:  Zach Randolph  

6'9" 260 lbs
Stats:  20.1 PPG, 12.2 RPG, 2.2 APG, 50.3 FG%
Zach Randolph was voted to the All-NBA third team this season and is playing the best basketball of his all-star career.  Simply stated, Zach is a force down low.  His strength and creativity down low combined with his ability to knock down a mid range jumpshot make him a deadly offensive weapon that almost no player in the league can shut down.  He is also a rebounding machine and uses his 4.4 offensive rebounds per game as a means to score points as well.  He also scores the ball at a remarkable efficiency for such a high volume scorer, which is why Z-Bo will be the primary offensive option on the Pacers this season.

Center:  Marc Gasol

7'1" 265 lbs
Stats:  11.7 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.7 BPG, 52.7 FG%
Marc Gasol makes up the second head of our two headed monster frontcourt.  While his regular season stats may be underwhelming, all the fans of the NBA saw what Randolph and Gasol are capable of as a pairing together.  Both have fantastic size and strength to be bullies down low (offensively and defensively), both can hit a mid range jumper, and both are animals on the glass.  Every team in the CBNBA is going to have difficulty holding this duo to under 30 points and 20 rebounds per game.

Second Unit:
PG:  Jeff Teague

Teague, at just 23 years of age, isn't quite ready to run the show for a championship club yet, but showed this postseason that he will be ready to some day.  In the second round against the Derrick Rose-led Chicago Bulls, Teague logged tons of minutes and scored 20+ points in three different games while shooting over 50% from the field.  He's almost ready to take over a team and he is going to get to learn the ropes under champion Tony Parker's wings this season.

SG/SF:  Paul George

Paul George has an NBA body and showed in his first regular season and first round of the playoffs that he is capable of defending NBA wings.  We are hoping to see improvements across the board in his offensive and defensive game as he enters his second NBA season.

SG/SF:  Trevor Ariza

Ariza, at 6’8” 210 lbs, has great length and quickness to defend wings all across the NBA.  Ariza played an important part of a stifling Hornets defense last season and we expect Ariza to bring the same defensive ability he has brought everywhere to the Pawnee Pacers.  With so many offensive weapons, we will be looking for Ariza to shoot less and play off of our other scorers, which we believe will increase his efficiency.

PF/C:  Chuck Hayes

Chuck Hayes is only 6’6” 238 lbs, but is widely regarded as one of the best and toughest frontcourt defenders in the entire NBA which earned him 10 points in NBA all-defensive team voting this past season.  When in the game, we will be looking for Hayes to defend elite frontcourt offensive players and rebound the basketball – two things he has done consistently in his first six NBA seasons.
PF/C:  Channing Frye

Channing Frye will be bringing his career 40.3 3pt% to Pawnee this season looking to light it up.  Frye’s role will be to spread the floor for Parker, Gay, Randolph, and Gasol.  He’s been a remarkable shooter over his career and Pawnee has three other great frontcourt rebounders to cover for his mediocrity in rebounding.

Deep Bench:
Guard:  Kemba Walker

Forward:  Andres Nocioni

Center:  Jason Collins

Head Coach:  Lionel Hollins

Depth Chart/Rotations:

The Pacers will look to play a 10 man rotation during the regular season with Kemba, Nocioni, and Collins getting mostly garbage minutes (which there should be a lot of) and significant rotation minutes if there is an injury.  There are six lineups that the Pacers would like to play to allow a good offensive/defensive balance and match up complementing skillsets.

Parker/Lee/Gay/Z-Bo/Gasol ~ 17 min
Parker/Ariza/Gay/Z-Bo/Gasol ~ 8 min
Parker/George/Ariza/Z-Bo/Gasol ~ 5 min
Teague/George/Ariza/Hayes/Frye ~ 8 min
Teague/George/Gay/Frye/Gasol ~ 5 min
Teague/Lee/Gay/Z-Bo/Hayes ~ 5 min

These lineups total:
Parker - 30 min
Courtney Lee - 22 min
Rudy Gay - 35 min
Zach Randolph - 35 min
Marc Gasol - 35 min
Trevor Ariza - 21 min
Teague - 18 min
Paul George - 18 min
Chuck Hayes - 13 min
Channing Frye - 13 min

Our offensive strategy will be to pound it down low as often as possible.  Randolph and Gasol have shown to be a force down low that few, if any, NBA teams can handle.  We want to maximize their time on the floor together, so are playing them together for 30 minutes per game in the regular season.  For another 10 minutes we will have one of them on the floor along with other playmakers in Teague and Gay, and for 8 minutes we will have our entire second unit playing together against other teams' second units.

Our rotations will be far from rigid.  When playing against a team like Portland, we expect Chuck Hayes to see a bit more playing time than usual to shut down Amare.  When playing against smaller teams, we expect Z-Bo and Gasol to get more playing time to pound it down low.  Ariza is a very streaky 3 point shooter, so he will get more playing time when he's hot and less when he's not.

Strategy:

A picture's worth 1,000 words

A little bit of...

A little bit of...

A little bit of...

AND A WHOLE LOT OF:

Then, lastly, a whole lot of...

Outlook for this season:
Nothing less than Tony getting to share with his new Best Buds:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:04:09 AM by action781 »
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
THE ALLMIGHTY CROTORKUNGFUPANDAS!!!

The story of a Panda Monk who wanted to be on the NBA

By Edgar

Once born in a Salvadorean Bambu forest, a small panda Named Edgar , he was fury and funny and loves to jump over the fence , then he decided his game would be basketball

For those who didnt get it is the
D Fence part... :D

He always want to be a part of the NBA since he learn hoops at school

Of course that was a though sport, for a Panda, but if BBD can everyone can make it, and after years and years of playing analyzing and studying hoops, specially watching night after night after night on league pass he finally understand that
The job of a PANDA was to be a GM of NBA champion team.
And so… he studied a lot for that

Then a golden opportunity appears a New 24 NBA league was developed.

Well this could last forever.......
I can start saying I had the best PG in the world to start but I have such respect for Chris Paul that I am going to say I had one of the 2 best PGs in the world. STOP

When I realize that I knew  I had a chance of becoming an historical GM and to lead out team to a decade of wins.
So Around him I start drafting incredible talented guys. The work developed like here with a brief description of why I did each pick:

(9)   12:30 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Deron Williams: Its enough for me to say hes one of the two best pgs so please don’t make me go on why.

(40)   2:40 PM   Bucks      Edgar    Monta Ellis: Really for all of those who doesn’t appreciate Monta I will tell you hes one of the best pure scorers of the game, have loads of talent and is a joy to watch, and having two PGs who want to have the ball in his hands only gives you the chance of not losing while youre in the other halfcourt.

(64)   2:40 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Elton Brand, coming from a comeback year and posting one of his best years statwise, experience, size and quality cannot be teached, I am soo happy with this pik and I am pretty sure he wont last longer than 3 picks later on,.

(81)   12:30 PM Bucks      Edgar Antawn Jamison: even if some will critizice this pick I did it because hes GREAT I don’t know how people never got he tanked basically all year long ( Paul Pierce style) and still was capable to avg. 19 and 9 whenever he wants, If theres a quality player in the league that deserves to be picked before this It was Antawn..

(92)   3:20 PM   Lakers Jazz Thunder Jazz Bucks Wilson Chandler: young, Hungry, quality player that will be around the league for long, On February 22, 2011, Chandler was traded to the Denver Nuggets in a three-way blockbuster deal which also involved Minnesota Timberwolves that brought Carmelo Anthony to New York.] Chandler immediately made an impact in his debut for the Nuggets, scoring 16 points , including 8 key fourth quarter points, in a victory over the Boston Celtics.

(160)   3:20 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Jose Barea: I decided to go the microwave way, lot of points, know how to run a champion team, a recent ring, extra motivation, come here Barea.

(177)   11:45 AM   Bucks      Edgar   Nick Collison : He basically does all deffensively and is the heart of Hustle on any team.

(202)   2:50 PM   Jazz      Bucks (EDGAR)    Ryan Gomes: What can I say Ryan is great, I miss him,

(208)   3:20 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Tracy McGrady: At this time not picking McGrady is a lesson on how people around hate him just because he miss a lot of games, his talent is always there and hes still a scorer you like it or not, 208 and unproven rookies before him, like him or hate him that’s nothing more than pure hatin on a Proven NBA veteran willing to be a Celtic.

(215)   3:55 PM   Kings Heat   Bucks Kwame Brown: One center that defensively win his spot back as starter in a NBA Team,, sitting the likes of Nazr Mohammed, and playing superb defense all year long.

(273)   11:45 AM   Bucks      Edgar   Shaun Livingston: Coming back from injury took long time to Livingston, but he has shown that he was ready to take the challenge and play hard every second to make it there

(303)   3:15 PM   Blazers      IndeedProceed   Ian Mahimi: I still think The Mavericks owed him as much as the Celtics Owed leon Powe and PJ Brown for having that 2008 ring, the job that he did with Kirk and Chandler out was superb.

(304)   3:20 PM   Bucks         Edgar   Jonas Jerebko, and that’s why Jerebko is on IPs team and not mine, because what i think about Ian Mahinmi.

Stil...
We love you all guys!! Once a Panda Always a Panda!!.

pst pst

Why are YOU Talking about him Panda???… most of them didn’t end up in your roster….????

Right right   Lets RE FOCUS!!!!!

With a great team and playing to win, I remember SIZE win championships and remember also that people tend to forget fast how some players are incredible and how some others still have lots of ammo under their belt.

Then I decided and plan a strategy, take the best from every single team out there and give El Salvador the best team they could have. A team capable of beating the team we already had.

As listed before the team was constructed like this.
PG  Deron  Barea  Livingston
SG Monta McGrady
SF Chandler Gomes
PF Jamison   Collison
C  Brand   Kwame  Mahinmi
With this team we were ready to play small ball and outscore every single team out there

But faithfull to my mission I did this
“Start having fun” while constructing a champ
Listen to people learn from my mistakes
Accept them and improve from what I did

As soon as I did that I decided to ride the beast with style

*Nothing personal with other teams. :D

And come with a couple of trades
...Panda goes to work....

First Trade

NYK trades Tyreke Evans, Andrei Kirilenko, John Salmons
MIL trades Deron Williams

Whyyy Panda Whyyyy???

First off Because I need size and a backup 3 to help a young chandler to make the work
As much as deron is good a young tyreeke shows any kind of streghts that earns him rookie of the year awards and after his injury he did nothing other than shut his mouth and work like a madman his way back to primetime. He needs the ball a little less and attack the basket great.
Now I streght With a starting quality PF to help Jamison and a great backup at the wings, with experience and ready to contribute.

After that I continue working the phones
And suddenly this beauty appears

A three teams trade that send Monta Ellis, Antawn  Jamison and Ian Mahinmi wherever
For the likes of
Mr. Kevin Love, Marcus Thorton, Mehmet Okur and James Johnson

Why I did its kind of nonsense to explain
20 points
15 rebounds
2.5 assists, and I am talking what one of them did not the 4
A superb backup for my No.2, A great center who will have a rebound year this one and a filler
I couldn’t be happier
Then
I was over the top in players so trade No.3  happens

I trade Livingston and my binkie Gomes
And get a great breakingthrough PG in DJ Agustin. His almost 8 assists per game make this desition easy

Ladies and Gentlemen I hereby Introduce the All Mighty CROTORKUNGFUPANDAS

AT CENTER

Love led the NBA in rebounding averaging 15.2 per game. He won the NBA Most Improved Player Award after increasing his points per game by 44 percent and his rebounds per game by 38 percent over his previous season. Love established career highs in rebounding, scoring (20.2), assists (2.5), double-doubles (64), field goal percentage (.470), free throw shooting (85 percent), 3-point shooting (41.7 percent) and minutes played (35.8). He became the first player to average at least 20 points and 15 rebounds in a season since Malone in the 1982–83 seasonThe Associated Press wrote that he emerged as the new face of the franchise since Garnett was traded from the Timberwolves to the Boston Celtics in 2007. In 2010-11 Love's No. 42 was the Wolves' top-selling jersey since Kevin Garnett was in his prime.

AT PF

   2× NBA All-Star: 2 times
   All-NBA:Second Team: once
   NBA All-Rookie First Team:
   NBA co-Rookie of the Year
   2× NBA regular-season leader, offensive rebounds:  (348),  (396)
   Clippers' Career Leader in Offensive Rebounds (1,480).
And for those of you who said those were OldNews
Newflash
He end No. 19 in fantasy rankings last year and show he can still turn some heads

So making a break this far into lineup I will call this frontcourt
“The most PANDASTIC” Underated Frontcourt line ever assembled. A No.5 and a No.19
Coming from a No.9 pick ITS AWWEEESOME and that’s why I am sooo in love with this lineup.
I will be glad to welcome teams trying to rebound with this two in front of them.

AT SF

Size and youth
Great year, respond under pressure in his new team
Don’t make me come with the Celtics game again. Hes great there, and not only that… he isn’t alone, like in most of the teams here.

AT SG

Another rookie of the year ( with brand) now a part of the all mighty Pandas
With him, wathing Monta Part wasn’t tough at all. It was a called business. He can make whatever monta does and give hustle while doing it.
Lets get ready for a comeback year and leading this team deep into playoffs
For those who think he did wrong last year
On December 29, 2010, Evans hit a running, half-court game winner to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies. On January 6, 2011, Tyreke Evans scored 27 points and grabbed 12 boards leading his team to a 122–102 over the Nuggets. On January 21, 2011, Evans scored career high 35 points, along with 5 boards and 3 assists and 3 steals

On February 12, 2010 Tyreke Evans won the 2010 Rookie/Sophomore Game MVP award after recording 26 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals on 11/15 shooting. In an act of sportsmanship, he chose to share the award with DeJuan Blair, who had scored 22 points and pulled down 23 rebounds.
(what a great Panda to have huh) this GM is a beast!!!

(this deserves red)

AT PG

Year    Team    GP    GS    MPG    FG%    3P%    FT%    RPG    APG    SPG    BPG    PPG
2008–09
Charlotte
72   12   26.5   .430   .439   .893   1.8   3.5   .6   .0   11.8
2009–10
Charlotte   80   2   18.4   .386   .393   .779   1.2   2.4   .6   .1   6.3
2010–11
Charlotte   82   82   33.6   .416   .333   .906   2.7   6.1   .7   .0   14.4

A young pg who keeps improving.. what else I can ask for to join Tyreeke

With Kevin Love and Tyreeke next to DJ the team of the future is not only the team of the future is the team of today and are ready to rock the world, OKC style but with better leadership and more depth

Knowing that five players are not enough to get a championship , theyre together with probably the best and deepest bench out there made out of Champions, Glue guys, hustlers, defenders and scorers.

Ladies and Gentlemen…The Pandas bench, whom could easily be the other starters BTW....

Big men rotation

yes i played with that guy

Life in this team is like a Bed of roses

The only guy he couldn’t defend is now his coach
And theyre back

And of course

Nice try fake bear, panda bears are the only bears allowed..

Wing Rotation

Woooo sorry Josh I am that good and underrated to make you no. 2nd round suffer

I promiss to go after every single ball thorton
Who was broadcasted as Key time shooter for another team before being a panda BTW

This kid will BE MIP this year mark my panda dactilar mark on that.

Of course

dont expect we will ask flying like that tracy
we now wait only a couple of key shots and

you show the little pandas how to fly.

And last but deffinetly not least our brand champion

Backup PG

The epitome of microwave, the Wade terror  the man who win games by himself even with Dirk around. JJ BAREA!!!}}
Guess who win the final in the piture :D
and more games by himself!!!

To end with a Roster and rotations of

C     Kevin Love (28)  Kwame Brown (10) Mehmet Okur (10)
P.F.  Elton Brand  (16)   Andre Kirilenko (16) Nick Collison (16)
S.F.  Wilson Chandler (28) John Salmons  (20)
S.G. Tyreeke Evans (28) Marcus Thornton (10) Tracy McGrady (10)
P.G.  DJ Agustin (24) Juan Jose Barea (24)

*most likely Tracy will be the other PG and be next to Tyreeke for rebounding and taking some offensive load out of him

A team with great big guys now coached by
The Orchestra maestro and LUXURY PANDA FOREVER!!!

Maestrooo.. Shaquille Oneal

Now..This team is starting BIG

Very BIG and angry and defensivly underrated

With a healthy Okur this teams poison up there, even with him out
Collison and Brand or Love, Kirilenko and Love, Kwame and Brand, will be a nightmare for wings trying to penetrate (If there fast enough) to leave Tyreeke and DJ Agustin behind.

GOOD LUCK TONY PARKER YOURE DEAD MEAT!!!

Our SFs are young and good and experience enough to kill younger ones and to match any supposed to be best player of the world, and probably will play for 4 quarters instead of 3

FINAL RESULT

We will be happy forever after

PANDAS WIN!!!

And Panda stories always end as happy stories….

And Pandas celebrate six rings

PANDUNTU AND PICK YOUR PANDA POISON EVERYONE!!!

*scrolling rocks

P.S.Some real basketball coming up in the mix and editing of course,i am tired and my brain is dry...
Extra early notes: If i had time to pick a nonddraftee it would be Kleiza like some point..., hes being bad, used with inconsistant minutes,

the 15th would be Telfair, he finally got some serious hoop moments that year even if Bibby seems like logical (he wasnt picked right?)
a little Panda is always welcome in El Salvador

If IP gave me two more days, I could probably end with the Dream Team..  thats how good GM I am..even Larry will walk through that door...

for warming the bench

Adios and Have Fun on the League!! This is hell of a game!!!
TY ALL!! for playing for trading and for having fun..

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:32:24 AM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If we awarded "Most Entertaining Press Conference", Edgar wins hands down.

In fact, we should award it. Edgar Wins 'Most Entertaining Press Conference', by commish decree. No other applicants need be submitted.

(And I know this breaks SO/Action's hearts, because they love the 'lolz' as they call them)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: CB Draft 2011 Central Division Press Conferences
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:06:59 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
@  Action781..

How do you justify Courtney Lee's minutes, especially when compared to Ariza's?

Ariza is a much better player, and better fit for this team.  He is a much better slasher, can post up and is a better defensive player than Lee. 

He also has ice in his veins....very fearless player who will battle to the end.

I'd be looking to play Ariza at least 32 mins per contest, dramatically reducing Lee's mins.

You could play a big lineup of Parker, Ariza, Gay, Randolph and Gasol.  Thats huge.  Love the depth in your team, and see you as one of the faves to win.  Well done and TP

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
@ Edgar..

Your team philosophy should be to only let Tyreke touch the ball and surround him with KLove, Collison, AK47, and TMac.

If he misses, you crash the boards and kick it back out to him.

This is your only hope.

Pandas are cute though....

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:03 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
@ Edgar..

Your team philosophy should be to only let Tyreke touch the ball and surround him with KLove, Collison, AK47, and TMac.

If he misses, you crash the boards and kick it back out to him.

This is your only hope.

Pandas are cute though....

:D
ty
Love and Bran will enjoy 2nd chances if ever happens..
Slashers paradise.....

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
When are we going to be talking about those Pawnee Pacer suits!?!?! I mean dayum!

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Edgar are you starting Love at Center and Brand at PF?  Don't you think switching these two would be better suited to their strengths?

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
When are we going to be talking about those Pawnee Pacer suits!?!?! I mean dayum!
you reallly know how to dress them  ;D

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:44 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
@  Action781..

Ariza is a much better player, and better fit for this team.  He is a much better slasher, can post up and is a better defensive player than Lee. 

He also has ice in his veins....very fearless player who will battle to the end.

I'd be looking to play Ariza at least 32 mins per contest, dramatically reducing Lee's mins.

You could play a big lineup of Parker, Ariza, Gay, Randolph and Gasol.  Thats huge.  Love the depth in your team, and see you as one of the faves to win.  Well done and TP

I'd have to disagree with your assessment on Trevor Ariza vs. Courtney Lee. I think Lee is probably a better fit.

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Edgar are you starting Love at Center and Brand at PF?  Don't you think switching these two would be better suited to their strengths?

I did that from the beginning an change for presentation
I concur both have streghts in both positions.
I use that just for norms that I want to break
I am playing Latin American Two post game.

2 - 3
and thinking the matchups
All PFs are rotational, Love Included
As even Kwame and collison can crash the starting lineup from time to time

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
@startorien....

In what way is Lee a better fit? I believe Ariza is superior in all facets of the game.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
@startorien....

In what way is Lee a better fit? I believe Ariza is superior in all facets of the game.

Offense.

Lee: .439 fg%, .408 3p%
Ariza: .398 fg%, .303 3p%

Those percentage numbers are pretty important, particularly in the role we'd expect them to play.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
@  Action781..

I'd have to disagree with your assessment on Trevor Ariza vs. Courtney Lee. I think Lee is probably a better fit.

Thanks slugger for the compliment and thoughtful question, TP back at you.

It would be foolish for us to go into a game with rigid minutes set in place.  That is just a baseline for how our minutes will be distributed.  As mentioned, minutes will fluctuate based on a lot of things and a big part of that will be how that player is playing that game or lately.  If Ariza is knocking down his shots, then no doubt he will be playing 30 minutes that game.  In general though, Courtney Lee is a roughly equal defender at SG and certainly a more consistently better 3 point shooter.  Consistency is going to be something the Pacers strive for to achieve regular season success.

That lineup you suggested is a lineup I currently have as our second most used lineup and I (as well as you) could see the Pacers being extremely dangerous with that lineup down the stretch in the 4th quarter if Ariza is shooting/playing well.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur