Author Topic: Brandon Roy  (Read 2302 times)

Brandon Roy
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
If the new CBA has a clause to terminate a contract, or something similar to the Allan Houston rule, should we try and get Brandon Roy? He could learn a thing or two from Ray about conditioning and being a sniper instead of a slasher. Then again I've always been an optimistic but it wouldn't be bad to have a lineup around the sorts of Rondo, Roy, Green, PF, Howard.
 If Roy could be had for somewhere around the MLE I would love to have him as "that 3rd or 4th option" for a hopeful Rondo/Howard pair. Roy and Green could each be 15 PPG scorers. Which is reliable, but I think we would need a 10/10 threat at the PF to complete the team. Even if Roy was "that 5th guy" he would still be worth it for 5-6 million a year. The only risk is his injury history, but, the training staff managed to awaken the ONeal mummies this postseason for a few games and that, is a miracle.

Re: Brandon Roy
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
His doctors have basically said that Roy is on borrowed time here - he could be out for good at any moment.  I used to love him as a player and still think he can be serviceable in limited bursts, but I don't want another player on the rosters who we can't count on.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »

Offline boom

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 26
I love the guy, but it's over for his knees. Like Atzar said, he's on borrowed time at this point.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I love the guy, but it's over for his knees. Like Atzar said, he's on borrowed time at this point.
sometimes borrowed time lasts decades.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »

Offline boom

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 26
sometimes borrowed time lasts decades.

Meh, I'd tend to lean towards his doctor's estimates and assume it would be less than a half decade, let alone multiple decades. They're the experts after all.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
No, his career is just about over. It would be the equivalent of re-signing Shaq - we know he is capable of helping out, but his injuries are too much of a burden.