Author Topic: Grant Hill  (Read 2861 times)

Grant Hill
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I know if Green stays around, we are solid at the 3 spot. But what about Grant Hill? A backup 3 willing to come off the bench while Green gets more 4 spot minutes (especially if we fail to sign a quality center). With KG/JJ/JO at the 4/5 as of now, maybe Hill will help with that shortage from the other end.

I still believe our biggest need is a center (or another backup pg/sg) but Hill could definitely help. All we need is another old guy ya, but for his age (and being ringless) maybe he still has another season in him to get that ring. 30 mins, .485 fg%, 4-2-13pts. Sounds like ray in a year or two.

Thoughts?

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-03/sports/29733643_1_lockout-ankle-surgeries-grant-hill
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Re: Grant Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I don't mean to put water on this subject cause there is not a lot to talk about, but unfortunately I think Grant Hill falls in the category of players the NBA would lose as a result of the lockout. Several older players are on record, although I am not sure of Hill specifically, saying if there was missed time they would retire (his draft mate kidd did say this I believe). So I think a lot of this stuff becomes a moot point. I think a more interesting thing to see would be the mass exodeus of players this lockout could cause and in a lot of ways the end of an era for the NBA. A lot of the late 90's early 2000 stars have already found their way out of the league a little prematurely including marbury and iverson. This off season we have already seen Shaq retire.. will he be joined by
Hill?
Kidd?
Garnett?
Allen?
McGrady?
Jermaine O'Neal?
Duncan?

If that group all retired after the same season it would have to be one of the NBA's biggest single season losses 

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I love G hill since from the start... I want to see him in green... I like the idea giving him the role of back up... but we need to secure a solid Center that can score..

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »

Offline revcummings

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think Hill for the min. would be great for this team.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I know if Green stays around, we are solid at the 3 spot. But what about Grant Hill? A backup 3 willing to come off the bench while Green gets more 4 spot minutes (especially if we fail to sign a quality center). With KG/JJ/JO at the 4/5 as of now, maybe Hill will help with that shortage from the other end.

I still believe our biggest need is a center (or another backup pg/sg) but Hill could definitely help. All we need is another old guy ya, but for his age (and being ringless) maybe he still has another season in him to get that ring. 30 mins, .485 fg%, 4-2-13pts. Sounds like ray in a year or two.

Thoughts?

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-03/sports/29733643_1_lockout-ankle-surgeries-grant-hill

It's basically the same position he was in and similar (probably worse) position we were in a couple years ago. Why would he all of a sudden come to us now after turning us down a couple years ago? I'm sure the Celtics want him still but if he doesn't want to come nothing we can really do.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
The annual Grant Hill idea. We have already had the Steve Nash one. Which one is next?

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Don't forget the iverson phase aswell.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
um, what happened to getting younger and more athletic?  Please, no more players on the verge of retirement.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
dont think hill will fit our defense...

not if we are goin for our last "hurrah"   

but on the other hand his wife/singer Tamia is fine..

wouldnt mind seeing her jumpin up and down cheering for her man~

*sippin*