Author Topic: 4 team trade idea (few questions)  (Read 6229 times)

4 team trade idea (few questions)
« on: July 02, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
When a player has a 15% trade kicker does the trade increase his salary by 15% each year remaining of the contract or only the year in which he was traded ?

Now if we were to trade for CP3 he would make 18.8 million and the following season he would make $17.79 million with a player option and that would be $20,446,376 with the trade kicker, is that his salary then for 12-13 season ?

And about extensions, if CP3 got traded to the Boston Celtics and signed an extension would it be a 5 year extension ? and does the first year of extension start in 13-14 season or from the 12-13 season and at what salary ? the $20,4M salary or a smaller one ?

Finally if we made this trade would we have any Cap space to sign Howard ? appreciate any help.

Trade if the lockout ended soon and new salary cap somewhat similar to current one.

ATL Hawks send Josh Smith, Marvin Williams (outgoing salaries) $22,425,000. Receive Chris Kaman,Jeff Green(incoming salaries) $19,060,988, Get's a starting center, moves Horford to PF, get's rid of Marvin Williams, move to dump salaries and remain a strong playoff team.

BOS Celtics send Rajon Rondo,Jeff Green,Jermaine O'neal (outgoing salaries) $21,194,608. Receive Chris Paul, David Andersen(incoming salaries) $21,498,961. Would become $18998961 when Andersen is waived before august 15th, only $185,185 are guaranteed.

NO Hornets send Chris Paul,Trevor Ariza,David Andersen (outgoing salaries) $28,289,601. Receive Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams (incoming salaries) $32,470,455.
Get's a great package for Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo and Josh Smith will be a great duo, Williams is more or less a lateral move, would cost them $1.5M more the next 3 years and both Marvin and Ariza has player options in their final year. With Rondo on board the Okafor contract won't look as horrible and would at least keep them a playoff team for years to come.

LA Clippers send Chris Kaman. Receive Trevor Ariza,Jermaine O'neal (they are under the cap) I think in the next CBA they will be too,anyways salaries are almost a match.
I figured they would want Ariza more than Williams.

Re: 4 team trade idea (few questions)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
so we give up rondo and oneal and we have no starting center

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »

Offline paulcowens

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 79
It's sort of a stealth Rondo for Paul trade.  We've had 600 of those so far, but none camouflaged so well.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
so we lose 2 starters, one of which is our only center, and our best bench players (such as he is) for a slightly better starter and a guy we're going to cut?   blech.  :P

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:17 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It's sort of a stealth Rondo for Paul trade.  We've had 600 of those so far, but none camouflaged so well.

Basically.

Paul is better than Rondo, but not JO + Green better.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:59:51 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
i'm still hoping to get answers to my questions, about cap space with CP3 on board with his trade kicker and possible extension.

OTOH I really like this trade for the Hawks,Hornets,they would have really good depth,Clippers have really good depth,they will be stacked now with this trade, plus I forgot to mention ATL would have to throw in their 2012 1st to the Clippers.

Hinrich/Teague
Johnson/Pape Sy
Green/FA
Horford/Rolle
Kaman/Papachulia

Rondo/Jack
Belinelli/FA
Williams/Pondexter
Smoove/Landry
Okafor/J.Smith

Williams/Bledsoe
Gordon/Foye
Ariza/Aminu
Griffin/Thompkins
Jordan/JO

CP3/West
Ray/Bradley
Pierce/Brown
KG/Johnson
FA/FA

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 06:30:43 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Not worth it for the Cs.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »

Offline GreenBlood23

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Another one that actually creates problems than solutions. It either makes sense for the C's but not the other teams involve or it doesn't for the C's but makes sense for other teams. This one doesn't. ::)

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 12:30:41 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
This trade is pretty interesting. 

I very much like it for ATL.  I think NOH would like it.  I don't think LAC is that down with it.  They give up a tradeable asset for a player at a position they need (sounds good), but who is a mediocre player and signed to an ugly contract.  If Danny is confident he can get two FA centers, then I like it for Boston too.  While many people are complaining that we are giving up our only center, I don't even know how reliable JO is as a center anyways.  So, if we can get two healthy centers (even if not super talented) and the upgrade at PG to Paul, I like the deal.

I don't know the answer to your question about the 15% trade kicker.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:41 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
This trade is pretty interesting. 

I very much like it for ATL.  I think NOH would like it.  I don't think LAC is that down with it.  They give up a tradeable asset for a player at a position they need (sounds good), but who is a mediocre player and signed to an ugly contract.  If Danny is confident he can get two FA centers, then I like it for Boston too.  While many people are complaining that we are giving up our only center, I don't even know how reliable JO is as a center anyways.  So, if we can get two healthy centers (even if not super talented) and the upgrade at PG to Paul, I like the deal.

I don't know the answer to your question about the 15% trade kicker.
I agree to the most points, I also think the Clippers could get more value for Kaman but I think the 1st from the Hawks and an affordable guy like Ariza or Williams is good for them,they don't have to break the bank for Iguodala (that trade is off apparently). Ariza would expire just in time when Griffin has his qualifying offer,if Griffin leaves Ariza or Williams make roughly 7 million while Iduodala has 15 million, it's better to have smaller contracts incase Griffin left than to hang on to a big contract,and I think with the new CBA it's going to be harder to dump salary to teams under the cap.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 03:39:23 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Don't understand why the Clippers consider that deal for Kaman

Don't understand why some of you believe that Chris Paul would sign with Boston if we actually made that deal. 

If you want a variation of this deal without Boston

To Atlanta: Chris Paul, Emeka Ofakor
To New Orleans: Josh Smith, Jeff Teague, Marvin Williams, Zaza Pachulia

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 09:02:16 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
A small change to the trade idea that would make the Clippers bite and also be beneficial for the Celtics

Celtics send JO (expiring) and Cash to the Hawks,in return the Hawks send Pachulia to the Clippers+their 2012 1st, and the Hawks 2012 2nd rnd pick+the Phoenix Suns 2nd rounder in 2012 to the Celtics.

Trade Breakdown

ATL Hawks send Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Zaza Pachulia (outgoing salaries) $27,673,750, their 2012 1st rnd pick, their own 2nd rounder and the Phoenix Suns 2nd rounder in 2012. Receive Chris Kaman,Jeff Green,Jermaine O'neal(incoming salaries) $25,754,153, Get's Jeff Green at SF,a starting center and a backup center, moves Horford to PF, get's rid of Marvin Williams, move to dump salaries and remain a strong playoff team.

BOS Celtics send Rajon Rondo,Jeff Green,Jermaine O'neal (outgoing salaries) $21,194,608 and Cash to the Hawks. Receive Chris Paul, David Andersen(incoming salaries) $21,498,961, Hawks 2nd rnd pick and Phoenix Suns 2nd round pick in 2012. Would become $18998961 when Andersen is waived before august 15th, only $185,185 are guaranteed.

NO Hornets send Chris Paul,Trevor Ariza,David Andersen (outgoing salaries) $28,289,601. Receive Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams (incoming salaries) $32,470,455.
Get's a great package for Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo and Josh Smith will be a great duo, Williams is more or less a lateral move, would cost them $1.5M more the next 3 years and both Marvin and Ariza has player options in their final year. With Rondo on board the Okafor contract won't look as horrible and would at least keep them a playoff team for years to come.

LA Clippers send Chris Kaman. Receive Trevor Ariza,Zaza Pachulia(they are under the cap) I think in the next CBA they will be too,anyways salaries are almost a match. Hawks send their 2012 1st to the Clippers
I figured they would want Ariza more than Williams, Zaza is a solid backup to Jordan.

Hinrich/Teague
Johnson/Pape Sy
Green/FA
Horford/Rolle
Kaman/JO

Rondo/Jack
Belinelli/FA
Williams/Pondexter
Smoove/Landry
Okafor/J.Smith

Williams/Bledsoe
Gordon/Foye
Ariza/Aminu
Griffin/Thompkins
Jordan/Pachulia

CP3/West
Ray/Bradley
Pierce/Brown
KG/Johnson
FA/FA

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
Still don't see how that trade benefits the Clippers.  What is their motivation to trade Kaman?
IMO, they can get bettesf's than Ariza.

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Still don't see how that trade benefits the Clippers.  What is their motivation to trade Kaman?
IMO, they can get bettesf's than Ariza.

They can start DeAndre Jordan and have him develop faster. Jordan has a lot of potential to be a top 5-ish center in the league, and Kaman is in his/past his prime. Ariza can provide more defensive backbone, and they'll get a back up center who likes to foul harder than necessary.

Here's my list on who would benefit the most :

1. Atlanta
2. Clippers
3. Hornets
4. Boston
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
I just learned that David Andersen has left the Hornets and signed in Italy,I don't blame him,they weren't going to guarantee him $2.6M, no team in the NBA would and it's good because we don't have to waive him and pay 185k, we only get CP3 in this trade.