Author Topic: Rumor: Cavs on verge of trading Hickson for Casspi  (Read 10555 times)

Re: Rumor: Cavs on verge of trading Hickson for Casspi
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hmm, i think this is a terrible trade for the Cavs. I dont see how Casspi gives the already bad Cavs more to offer than Hickson? I dont like it, I dont get it.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hickson is supposedly the player they wouldn't trade for Amare (although I always doubted that a bit). 
I thought Steve Kerr has flatly said that the Cavs weren't holding out on Hickson in that proposed trade. Instead the Suns were dickering over whether or not to stay with Amar'e and decided to punt and make another playoff run with him.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Jamison expires this year, Baron Davis next year. Varejao still an effective player, and decent trade chip (as is Sessions). Still have the huge TE from the LeBron trade, and now a future first from Sacto.

Dan Gilbert is doing work.

Doesn't that TE expire very shortly?  If they really see Hickson as a player who can't put it together, then I agree, Gilbert is doing some work.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 02:48:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Jamison expires this year, Baron Davis next year. Varejao still an effective player, and decent trade chip (as is Sessions). Still have the huge TE from the LeBron trade, and now a future first from Sacto.

Doesn't that TE expire very shortly?  If they really see Hickson as a player who can't put it together, then I agree, Gilbert is doing some work.

July 10, I believe. So it does expire soon, provided that the clock doesn't stop in the case of a lockout.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 02:52:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Hickson is supposedly the player they wouldn't trade for Amare (although I always doubted that a bit).  That earns him a spot in the "we overvalue our prospects" Hall of Fame, right next to Nic Batum and Rodrigue Beausbois.  All have the potential to be good (or very good) players, but none has superstar talent, in my mind.

Don't forget Deng and Gordon, aka "Why Chicago didn't trade for KG".

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

July 10, I believe. So it does expire soon, provided that the clock doesn't stop in the case of a lockout.

They're trying (the owners) to extend the trade exceptions in the case of a lockout into a month or so if/when the new CBA goes into effect.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This looks like a good trade for Sacramento. casspi had a very good first half of his rookie year and has shown very little thereafter. Hickson, while not an All-Star talent, has shown progress each year and his Per36 numbers took a decent jump last year, especially in the rebounding area.

A Sactown frontcourt trio of Cousins, Hickson and Thompson doesn't WOW!!! me now, but with good coaching and development, in a few years that could be a pretty decent frontcourt.

I don't get Cleveland trading Hickson and using either Jamison or Thompson in his place or what they see in Casspi. Best thing they may get out of this is that draft pick.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Sam Amick says the protections on the pick are lottery for 2012, top 13 for 2013, top 12 for 2014, top 10 for 2015 through 2017.

Distinct possibility that those protections may be in effect all the way through to 2017. After that, it defaults to a 2nd rounder.

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Hickson is supposedly the player they wouldn't trade for Amare (although I always doubted that a bit).  That earns him a spot in the "we overvalue our prospects" Hall of Fame, right next to Nic Batum and Rodrigue Beausbois.  All have the potential to be good (or very good) players, but none has superstar talent, in my mind.

]Wasn't Deng also the hold up in not securing Pau Gasol before he was traded to the Lakers?

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Sam Amick says the protections on the pick are lottery for 2012, top 13 for 2013, top 12 for 2014, top 10 for 2015 through 2017.

Distinct possibility that those protections may be in effect all the way through to 2017. After that, it defaults to a 2nd rounder.

http://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick
I doubt the Kings will stay bad enough that they won't miss the protection window during one of those years.

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

A Sactown frontcourt trio of Cousins, Hickson and Thompson doesn't WOW!!! me now, but with good coaching and development, in a few years that could be a pretty decent frontcourt.

Ah, but there's the rub. Can all three develop? Will there be stable and competent coaching in Sacto? I really doubt it.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Hickson is supposedly the player they wouldn't trade for Amare (although I always doubted that a bit).  That earns him a spot in the "we overvalue our prospects" Hall of Fame, right next to Nic Batum and Rodrigue Beausbois.  All have the potential to be good (or very good) players, but none has superstar talent, in my mind.

Wasn't Deng also the hold up in not securing Pau Gasol before he was traded to the Lakers?

No I think at that point he'd already signed his extension and Memphis had drafted Rudy Gay.

I do think that Chicago was trying to pawn off Noiconi as part of the deal, which would have been a hold up from Memphis' point of view.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Ah, but there's the rub. Can all three develop? Will there be stable and competent coaching in Sacto? I really doubt it.
Can all three develop? Well that's always the rub when you have multiple young players on the same team. You just hope they do and naturally fall into a role, like what happened in OKC.

The stable and competent coaching? Yeah, that would worry me if I was a Sactown fan. I have little respect for Westphal as a developer of talent.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This looks like a good trade for Sacramento. casspi had a very good first half of his rookie year and has shown very little thereafter. Hickson, while not an All-Star talent, has shown progress each year and his Per36 numbers took a decent jump last year, especially in the rebounding area.

I don't get Cleveland trading Hickson and using either Jamison or Thompson in his place or what they see in Casspi. Best thing they may get out of this is that draft pick.

Well I think you're underselling Casspi a bit there..he's still got a lot of upside, with the capability to be a starting 3 in the NBA.

Thing is, Westphal jerked him, Donte Green, and Franscico Garcia around so much that nobody had any kind of assurances. They had 10 different guys that started 20 games or more a piece.

I don't think we can make too many surefire predictions about how Casspi will play next year based on last season.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:33:24 PM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
does this mean JT is available?
if he is ainge GET JASON THOMPSON NOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

edit: deport plan. NBA is officially in lockout.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:22:19 PM by Change »