Author Topic: pistons looking to S/T prince  (Read 3768 times)

pistons looking to S/T prince
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:22:23 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
Just herd on nba tv and also looked it up on their blog. They are looking to get something in return for prince and they are also trying to move rip.

I wonder if we can get some kind of deal done for prince I would be happy not wasting the MLE on him. I never was a tayshun prince fan but we could use his length, shooting and ball handling celtics are a perfect fit for him I think.

Re: pistons looking to S/T prince
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Danny Promised he would not be tempted to bring in players now that would compromise his cap space later.  I don't see this happening
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:29:28 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i love prince the player and think his game fits our needs. it would depend on the parameters of the deal if i would want to acquire him tho

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:38:58 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
Danny Promised he would not be tempted to bring in players now that would compromise his cap space later.  I don't see this happening
I think it depends on the new cba once we find out maybe we can still pick up prince and have enough cap for a max contract.  At this point I think prince is worth atleast the MLE.
We are only at 27 mill in cap to start the 2012 season.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think it depends on the new cba once we find out maybe we can still pick up prince and have enough cap for a max contract.  At this point I think prince is worth atleast the MLE.

Keep in mind that there will also be JaJuan's guaranteed salary, and also the salary of anyone we draft next June in the first round, that will eat into that a little bit.

Also keep in mind that there'll be cap holds in place for Ray and KG (unless we renounce rights to them). 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
How good is Prince at guarding LeBron?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
How good is Prince at guarding LeBron?

better than any1 we got on our bench currently.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown

Keep in mind that there will also be JaJuan's guaranteed salary, and also the salary of anyone we draft next June in the first round, that will eat into that a little bit.

Also keep in mind that there'll be cap holds in place for Ray and KG (unless we renounce rights to them). 
O yeah true that im a noobie when it comes to cap. was just going by the numbers i saw on hoopshype. completely forgot about JJ an ET. and what are cap holds?

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
If he have Prince, I certainly dont want Green on the roster

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown

i think green is better off at the 4. he needs to develop his skills more to become a 3. also prince can play 3 positons this gives doc alot of options.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 10:58:58 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yeah, its one or the other IMO.  However, if they decide to let Green walk (or ideally, sign and trade him for a center), then Prince would be at the top of the list for replacements.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 11:03:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

We've got $27.79 million committed if we dump Bradley, or $29.42 million committed if we keep him.  You also have to factor in a roster charge if we don't have at least 12 players signed; the amount of this charge is $490k x number of player below 12.  That's another $4.4 million if we keep Bradley, or $4.9 million if we don't.

That brings committed salaries to approximately $33.82 million (with Bradley) or $32.69 million if we don't.  Then, there's JuJuan Johnson's salary, that's going to be somewhere around $900k, bringing the range up to $33.59 million to $34.72 million.  On top of that, there will be the rookie salaries of our two picks next year; that's probably around another $3 million, assuming the Clippers pick is around 11th or 12th and our own pick is around 25th.

So, we've got $36.59 to $37.72 million committed.  Assuming a $62 million cap, that leaves $24.28 to $25.41 million, and that's not even taking into account Jeff Green or other free agents (all of whom we would have to renounce to get the above cap space).  Assuming Dwight Howard gets something in the $18 to $20 million range, that means that we're unlikely to be able to afford a MLE contract this offseason (somewhere around $5.8 million, and more in the second year) if we want to target a max free agent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown

We've got $27.79 million committed if we dump Bradley, or $29.42 million committed if we keep him.  You also have to factor in a roster charge if we don't have at least 12 players signed; the amount of this charge is $490k x number of player below 12.  That's another $4.4 million if we keep Bradley, or $4.9 million if we don't.

That brings committed salaries to approximately $33.82 million (with Bradley) or $32.69 million if we don't.  Then, there's JuJuan Johnson's salary, that's going to be somewhere around $900k, bringing the range up to $33.59 million to $34.72 million.  On top of that, there will be the rookie salaries of our two picks next year; that's probably around another $3 million, assuming the Clippers pick is around 11th or 12th and our own pick is around 25th.

So, we've got $36.59 to $37.72 million committed.  Assuming a $62 million cap, that leaves $24.28 to $25.41 million, and that's not even taking into account Jeff Green or other free agents (all of whom we would have to renounce to get the above cap space).  Assuming Dwight Howard gets something in the $18 to $20 million range, that means that we're unlikely to be able to afford a MLE contract this offseason (somewhere around $5.8 million, and more in the second year) if we want to target a max free agent.
TP thanks thats interesting changes my whole perspective.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »

Offline slam

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22

i think green is better off at the 4. he needs to develop his skills more to become a 3. also prince can play 3 positons this gives doc alot of options.

Read some of Zach Lowe's stuff on The Point Foward (SI), about why Green should never play the 4.  Long story short, his teams get destroyed defensively as he is incapable of guarding at that position.  Not that he's especially strong at the 3 either, but at least a little better.  His rebounding at the 3 is below average, so at the 4, its abysmal.  That is a sure way for us to lose games.

I'm not anti-Jeff Green - I'd love to have him back for a year and see how he performs then, but he has to play at the 3.   In fact, I'd rather see him get minutes at the 2 than the 4 - that's how bad he is as a 4.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:11:05 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Trade Idea

Ben Wallace(exp) 2
Rip(2 years) 12.5
Monroe(Perk replacement) 2.7
Prince(1 year with Team/Player Opt) 6

JOneal(exp) 6.2
JGreen(3 year) 7.5
BBD(2 year with team/Player opt) 5.5
Bradley(1 year and team opt) 1.5
draft pick

Detroit sheds Rips salary, loses 1 young talent, but receives Green in return plus vet exp BBD and a future draft pick if need be.

Boston still would have flexibility next summer with a huge trade chip with Rips contract, 6th man Prince, Greg Monroe as a Perk replacement or Dwight back up, and Ben Wallace still plays his position perfect at his age.

Rondo, West
Ray, Rip, Gil
Pierce, Prince, EMoore
KG, JuJohnson
Monroe, Wallace

Rip,Monroe and Rondo all become trade pieces to land CP3 or D12
Can't stop, Rondo!