Author Topic: D12 Trade IDEA  (Read 4303 times)

D12 Trade IDEA
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:39:07 AM »

Offline RR9

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
What do you guys think of this?

It'd be fair according to Hollinger:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3z5zdw8

If we resigned BBD, I'd like to try to get ryan anderson or brandon bass for him.  Or, if Orlando wanted, we could get hedo instead of j.j.reddick + PF if we included BBD.  Orlando gets rid of money, but we get d12 and some vets who can still play with d12 (mostly hedo) and...i'm really not a fan of gilbert, but would you take gilbert if we got d12 this way? 

What do you guys think?

Re: D12 Trade IDEA
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:51:48 AM »

Offline paulcowens

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 79
I don't think Orlando goes for that.  I think we need to trade KG and Allen and maybe even more just for Howard.  But I think it would be worth doing.  Then we'd have Howard and Rondo, the two key pieces for our future, and Pierce, and whoever else.  I very don't  want to see KG and Allen go, but I think it would be the ideal move for us right now.  If we want Howard, and it's my understanding that that is Ainge's key idea, than THIS is the time to be bold.  That stupid Perkins trade was not the time to be 'bold' (actually, totally reckless and manic).  This IS the time to be bold.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:21 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Orlando needs to get more future assets than just Jeff Green in return for DH12.  Any trade the C's might make for Howard would have to include Rondo -- but then the team would be much less competitive moving forward.  Taking on Gilbert's contract would kill any chance of adding further talent for a few years, too.

Makes much more sense to trade for Chris Paul and just hope Dwight gets his heart set on joining him here and we can swing a deal like the one the Knicks made for Melo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:14:19 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Orlando needs to get more future assets than just Jeff Green in return for DH12.  Any trade the C's might make for Howard would have to include Rondo -- but then the team would be much less competitive moving forward.  Taking on Gilbert's contract would kill any chance of adding further talent for a few years, too.

Makes much more sense to trade for Chris Paul and just hope Dwight gets his heart set on joining him here and we can swing a deal like the one the Knicks made for Melo.

That was my thought all along. Get Chris Paul for the right price, and see how Dwight reacts.

If Dwight pulls a Melo and handcuffs them, we can get him. Green, Bradley, Delonte, expiring contracts, picks, whatever... may be enough.

But that's a lot of if's.

I think when all is said and done, we will go into next season with a team very similar to last, just younger.  We'd be deep with very little weaknesses.

We are still contenders with this core.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 02:04:34 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
oh god...with that trade proposal we could keep BBD and let him start....HAHAH NO let Jujuan Johnson start just because!

Seriously not a bad trade idea for us but terrible for them unless you replace Reddick with Turk and add Davis.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »

Offline RR9

• Xavier Tillman
I wanna take this trade back lol.  It says even, but you can't replace team chemistry with youth and talent.  dwight might have the DESIRE to win, that's great, but kg and ray's intangibles to the boston celtics team can't be replaced by any other players.  the chemistry that celtics have (esp with perk IMO) is the best in the league.  i'd say that's the most important foundation to have in getting to a championship.  that and heart is how dallas did it this year - it's how every championship team does it.  except the lakers...they just cheated by having kobe. lol

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
No way in hell this is the best offer Orlando is getting.  They are going to get back some good, young pieces in return

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
they need a player to build off of. expiring contract is only a start other teams can offer them wayyy better

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »

Offline RR9

• Xavier Tillman
man, c's fans really downplaying kg and ray's abilities!!  even at this age we thought they were waning, but they way they came back this past season gave me the most confidence i've ever had in them!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
We'd have holes in the 4 position. Can Arenas play the 2? I'd like to see that. Overall, if I were Ainge, I'd jump for it. If I was the Magic...not so much.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I don't ever want to see Gilbert arenas or hedo turkoglu anywhere near a celtics uniform.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
How would Orlando explain to their fans that all the got in return for Dwight Howard was Jeff Green and Big Baby Davis?  In order for this type of deal to work, you'd have to involve a third team looking to trade young players for veterans (T-Wolves?) and they would ship their young guys to Orlando and take on Allen and KG.

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 01:51:31 AM »

Offline RR9

• Xavier Tillman
that's a good point you bring up...TWO expiring contracts is probably too much to revamp anyone's roster.  then again, some teams might want that like the bobcats or hornets even?

twolves is a good idea for someone who needs veterans...kings too?  or thunder!  imagine if we got any of the starting 5 from that team: westbrook gives us scoring, thabo fits w/ our defensive mindset, KD self explanatory but would never happen, serge ibaka gives us youth and athleticism down in the post!  perk...i won't go there!