Author Topic: Jeff Green for Thaddeus Young (idea)  (Read 6854 times)

Re: Jeff Green for Thaddeus Young
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 08:51:38 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
tweener for tweener... no thanks. im not sure hes better then jeff green. give green a chance

green can play defense

="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_mGic0nwr0?version=3&hl=en_US">

i remember that possession because of how well green played LBJ. I remember thinking, "that's right jeff, now bring it like that every play"
problem is he doesn't.
I've only watched T Young when matched up against the c's but from my perspective he brings it every play.
just a more aggressive player.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »

Offline Celticai

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
tweener for tweener... no thanks. im not sure hes better then jeff green. give green a chance

green can play defense

i remember that possession because of how well green played LBJ. I remember thinking, "that's right jeff, now bring it like that every play"
problem is he doesn't.
I've only watched T Young when matched up against the c's but from my perspective he brings it every play.

I truly hope KG will toughen Green up this year.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

green can play defense

problem is he doesn't.

KG may bring out the crazy, obsessive drive to dominate in green but only if green has it in him.

Re: Jeff Green for Thaddeus Young (idea)
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »

Offline PortCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Hate to put a damper on this thread but both players are restricted free agents which means they would be Base Year Compensation players in a trade making a swap of the players about as impossible as it gets without adding many more players.

Just saying.

But could Phiily be induced to match our MLE offer? An athletic front line of Young, Green, JJ, and Davis (if resigned) would test Miami and NY on the perimeter. Sure you compromise size, but it looks like they'll be slim pickins' for FA centers this off season anyway. Problem would be Young's contract extending past 2012-13. You want to keep those long shot options open for Howard and possibly Oden (will come cheaper). Although ... would a Davis (S/T) for Young deal make more sense?

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20

green can play defense

problem is he doesn't.

KG may bring out the crazy, obsessive drive to dominate in green but only if green has it in him.

i hope so too. if anybody can bring out this guys inner beast it has to be kg. kg has to train him. right now jeff green is just a puppy and kg should find his bark. push the right buttons

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

green can play defense

problem is he doesn't.

I truly hope Jeff Green will toughen up Jeff Green this year. KG isn't a coach nor is he responsible for toughening up other players. That's all on Jeff green buying into the defensive system and givi9ng the 100% effort needed to play defense 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, that has not been what Jeff green has been all about since way back in his Georgetown days.

Re: Jeff Green for Thaddeus Young (idea)
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »

Offline CaptainJackLee

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 21
I agree with the OP: Young is a better defender than Green. Much better at the 4, about equal/slightly better at the 3.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 03:04:41 AM »

Offline Celticai

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7

green can play defense

problem is he doesn't.

I truly hope Jeff Green will toughen up Jeff Green this year. KG isn't a coach nor is he responsible for toughening up other players. That's all on Jeff green buying into the defensive system and givi9ng the 100% effort needed to play defense 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, that has not been what Jeff green has been all about since way back in his Georgetown days.

KG is a perfectionist when it comes to team-playing. He has his own reputation. He wants the team to succeed, and he'll do whatever it takes.

I'm sure that if Green won't hear him out, he'll be all over him. Which could lead to several scenarios: 1. Green will toughen up. 2. Green will continually ignore him, which will surely hurt the team chemistry. 3. Green will sob (e.g. Davis).
I choose option number 1.

I remember hearing that KG only gives new players advice once, and if they take it - He'll continue giving them advices. If not, that bridge was burned.