Author Topic: Idea: Omri Casspi?  (Read 7117 times)

Idea: Omri Casspi?
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:39:29 AM »

Offline Celticai

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
How about trying to land this guy? He's been disgruntled in Sacramento for quite a while, and although his preferred destinations are San Antonio, NY or Chicago - He could add explosiveness to the bench. He's a team player. He's a wingman. And he's very enthusiastic. He's also in beginning of his last year of his 1.2$ contract.
His only problem is his defense, and I guess that could be worked on (Look how Von Wafer succeeded under the Celtics system).
Maybe a trade for cash could be made?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:53:05 AM by Celticai »

Re: Idea: Omri Casspi?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »

Offline TheGreenE

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 9
Yeah!!!! I think Omri is a great fit for our ball club.

The man can come out from the bench and can play the 3 spot.

I really hope Ainge can close a deal on Casspi.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
How about trying to land this guy? He's been disgruntled in Sacramento for quite a while, and although his preferred destinations are San Antonio, NY or Chicago - He could add explosiveness to the bench. He's a team player. He's a wingman. And he's very enthusiastic. He's also in beginning of his last year of his 1.2$ contract.
His only problem is his defense, and I guess that could be worked on (Look how Von Wafer succeeded under the Celtics system).

What's he so disgruntled about?  That his production dipped from his rookie year to his sophomore year?  I've liked Casspi since I first saw him, but I'm getting a little tired of this trend of whiney international role players. 

I don't want to sound too harsh, but if you don't like your role, quit belly aching and go back to Europe. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

What's he so disgruntled about?  That his production dipped from his rookie year to his sophomore year?  I've liked Casspi since I first saw him, but I'm getting a little tired of this trend of whiney international role players. 

I don't want to sound too harsh, but if you don't like your role, quit belly aching and go back to Europe. 
Playing with Tyreke Evans and Demarcus Cousins can't be fun. Especially with ownership openly looking to relocate the team.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:33 AM »

Offline Celticai

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I think he's a wasted potential there - Sacramento is one of the least organized teams in the league. They have a very bad coach. They have no methodology whatsoever.
Casspi wants to win, not only earn the big bucks. I think his mentality fits the Celtics. So why not bring him to to a winning team, where he could fulfill his potential?

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I gave you a TP, not because of the "Europe" part of your post, but because of the whining part of your post.

I get so sick of professional sports players who whine and sulk and don't feel appreciated, no matter where they hail from.  If you don't like being paid millions of dollars to be a role player on a bad team, then you can always quit and temp for a while at an office job, or scoop ice cream throughout the hot summer, or canvas for an environmental organization (just to pick a few of the terrible jobs I've had in the past).

;)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:14:49 AM »

Offline mr. kurtz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

I gave you a TP, not because of the "Europe" part of your post, but because of the whining part of your post.

I get so sick of professional sports players who whine and sulk and don't feel appreciated, no matter where they hail from.  If you don't like being paid millions of dollars to be a role player on a bad team, then you can always quit and temp for a while at an office job, or scoop ice cream throughout the hot summer, or canvas for an environmental organization (just to pick a few of the terrible jobs I've had in the past).

;)

i'm from israel so i know the dude well. first of all he never asked to be traded and he doesn't have a preferred destinations. he is very happy just to be the first israeli born player in the NBA. that being said, he is a nice energy player on a good team, not a great shooter, not a great defender. the one good thing if he will be traded to the c's is they gonna show a lot of celtics game in israel.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Playing with Tyreke Evans and Demarcus Cousins can't be fun. Especially with ownership openly looking to relocate the team.

That team is a clusterflock. Its not surprising that Casspi isn't being utilized properly.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I shouldn't have singled out international players for this. 

I've liked Casspi since I first saw him play.  I hope he lasts in the NBA, and stops talking so much about his own needs and just works on paying his NBA dues a little.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
looks like Casspi is going to the Cavs for Hickson.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
looks like Casspi is going to the Cavs for Hickson.

Wow. Cleveland is also getting a 1st from Sacto, according to the RealGM boards. Big.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
PG: Jimmer Fredette
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF: John Salmons
PF: JJ Hickson
C:  DeMarcus Cousins

Wow.

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 01:52:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Wow.
That team is going to stink.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Wow.

You said it. Who is beaten to death first by the rest of the team: Cousins, or Westphal?

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Wow.

You said it. Who is beaten to death first by the rest of the team: Cousins, or Westphal?
Westphal is definitely going to get fired.

I hear that he has had a big say in their personnel decisions this off-season too. He has created his own nightmare.