Author Topic: Ersan Ilyasova available for a late first rounder?  (Read 11185 times)

Re: Ersan Ilyasova available for a late first rounder?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
6'10, 240 why is he listed as a small forward?  Those sound like power forward numbers.  I'll take this kid over Tyler or Johnson

Cuz he's probably 6'9 240. Good length though, way better than BBD.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Does anyone else have reservations about such a trade given that he is asking for a buyout to go to Europe and has this Spanish team recruiting him hard to get out of his last year here?

Seems like it would be a waste to trade for him if he decides he doesn't want to play here this year. Now maybe he just doesn't want to sit on the bench behind so many other PFs(remember Drew Gooden will be returning to the Bucks this year after being injured almost all last year). Or maybe he has had it with being coached by Scott Skiles(he does have a certain shelf life with players). Or maybe he just hates the city of Milwaukee and he would forget about the buyout once traded.

But maybe he thinks his prime is better spent in Europe which plays a game better suited for him and easier for him to become recognized and earn more money in.

Still, the people on the Bucks boards seem happy to be able to get anything for him and are wondering why any GM would trade for him after he has made it clear he wants to go to Europe.

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
6'10, 240 why is he listed as a small forward?  Those sound like power forward numbers.  I'll take this kid over Tyler or Johnson
Where is Ilyasova listed as a SF? He plays power forward. That is best position.

I've seen him more at center than at the three over the past two seasons. I suppose Ilyasova did play some three when he first entered the league though. He can still give some time there. He is a quick four.

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Does anyone else have reservations about such a trade given that he is asking for a buyout to go to Europe and has this Spanish team recruiting him hard to get out of his last year here?

Seems like it would be a waste to trade for him if he decides he doesn't want to play here this year. Now maybe he just doesn't want to sit on the bench behind so many other PFs(remember Drew Gooden will be returning to the Bucks this year after being injured almost all last year). Or maybe he has had it with being coached by Scott Skiles(he does have a certain shelf life with players). Or maybe he just hates the city of Milwaukee and he would forget about the buyout once traded.

But maybe he thinks his prime is better spent in Europe which plays a game better suited for him and easier for him to become recognized and earn more money in.

Still, the people on the Bucks boards seem happy to be able to get anything for him and are wondering why any GM would trade for him after he has made it clear he wants to go to Europe.

No concerns. I think his mind can be changed fairly easily.

Just like I thought Rudy Fernandez' mind could be changed last year when there was a lot of noise about him leaving Portland and wanting to return to Europe.

Ilyasova, like any other player, just wants to enjoy his basketball. Give him that and everything will work out. The opportunity to play for the Celtics, on a title contender, will right any concerns of his.

Besides, he has a contract. Ilyasova doesn't seem like the type to refuse to play for his team to me. He'll respect the deal if the team takes a hard line stance (just in case a happier work environment doesn't work).

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2011, 02:22:01 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Ilyasova's always been described as a combo forward, not strong enough to guard big power forwards with mature post games and not fast enough to guard quick small forwards.  I think he has tried to add weight in the past year or two to better play the 4 spot.

Has anyone mentioned Ilyasova's "Turk Nowitzski" nickname?  Or that DraftExpress once described his maximum upside as "Euro Rashard Lewis"?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference