Author Topic: Ersan Ilyasova available for a late first rounder?  (Read 11186 times)

Re: Ersan Ilyasova available for a late first rounder?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 01:55:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
both bucks and celtics are over the cap so we need to send them back a player, and quis TE is not large enough to take on his contract.

The Marquis exception should fit him.  Ilyasova's salary for this season is $2,320,500, and the trade exception is $2,388,000 (+$100k).

Since we haven't hit the end of the league year yet, you look at the 2011 salary, rather than the 2012 one.

but that was ilysovas earnings last season, don't you trade for the upcoming season's salary ?

Not until 6/30, IIRC.

I think you mean 7/1, 6/30 is the last day of the current CBA

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
both bucks and celtics are over the cap so we need to send them back a player, and quis TE is not large enough to take on his contract.

The Marquis exception should fit him.  Ilyasova's salary for this season is $2,320,500, and the trade exception is $2,388,000 (+$100k).

Since we haven't hit the end of the league year yet, you look at the 2011 salary, rather than the 2012 one.

but that was ilysovas earnings last season, don't you trade for the upcoming season's salary ?

Not until 6/30, IIRC.

I thought it was 7/1 also... and that's only if a new CBA is worked out.

Speaking of which: is there going to be crazy trading going on between now and then??
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

The Marquis exception should fit him.  Ilyasova's salary for this season is $2,320,500, and the trade exception is $2,388,000 (+$100k).

Not until 6/30, IIRC.

Right, I meant you don't go by next season's numbers until 7/1, and you go from this past season's numbers until 6/30.

If no CBA is worked out, nobody will be going anywhere, because there will be no terms to negotiate under.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Not until 6/30, IIRC.

Right, I meant you don't go by next season's numbers until 7/1, and you go from this past season's numbers until 6/30.

If no CBA is worked out, nobody will be going anywhere, because there will be no terms to negotiate under.

ok thanks for clarification, well in that case I much rather trade for lou amundson, he's the better between the two or terrence williams.

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »

Offline PortCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Quote from: @DraftExpress
Heard from more than one team that Ersan Ilyasova is available in exchange for a 1st rounder (even late) or a 2012 1st.

Celtics Trade: #25, Cash
Bucks Trade: Ersan "Illy" Ilyasova

Ilyasova is a 'stretch' 4, who rebounds and defends better than Baby. He had an off year last season, but he's young still (24 yrs old), and he adds another shooter to Boston's arsenal.

Plus, he kinda looks like James Franco:

We get that guy, and let this guy waddle off to greener pastures

Suggested this trade a while back. This kid is Danny's kind of big man. Hard nosed and a good mid range shooter.

400k is guaranteed for 2011-12, but if waived or traded Bucks save $2m for a total cap relief of $4m with this proposed deal ... 2011 #1 + $2m cash

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This si absolutely a no brainer. I like this guy a lot. He has played well against boston. If its available im more than happy with that.

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just for the record, I would definitely be down with trading our 1st for Illyasova.  THAT is good value.

Just can't see Milwaukee doing a straight up pick for player deal though.  I would think we would need to send a player in return, which would make matching up the salaries difficult.

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 02:19:25 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
I'd do this and then go get Semih back. He wouldn't be as homesick.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think Ilyasova would be an ideal target with that 25th pick.  Athletic 3/4 who can shoot, but can also be a defensive presence inside.

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I think Ilyasova would be an ideal target with that 25th pick.  Athletic 3/4 who can shoot, but can also be a defensive presence inside.

Agreed, the fact that I would be very excited about this makes me think the bucks wouldn't do it though
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 02:33:50 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Ray volunteering to come off the bench. This trade makes the most sense.

Rondo/Delonte
Pierce/Ray/Avery
Green/Ilyasova
KG/Ilyasova/??
JO/??

use the MLE on a Center.
Now we're talking.  :)

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 02:41:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Agreed, the fact that I would be very excited about this makes me think the bucks wouldn't do it though

Ha, so here are the two rumors:

1) From Chad Ford: "The Celtics are open to moving out of the draft altogether if they can trade their pick for a young player. The Celtics have a $2.4 million trade exception that would allow them to take back a young player without having to send anything in return other than the 25th pick."

2) From DraftExpress's (jon Givony) Twitter: Heard from more than one team that Ersan Ilyasova is available in exchange for a 1st rounder (even late) or a 2012 1st.

Seems like a perfect match, right? A trade everyone can get excited about..even if Ilyasova wants to go back to wherever next season right now, who cares, we can work on that, and if worst comes to worst, we get one more year of a guy that can fill Baby's role AND at half the price, and we don't over-pay Glen Davis!

Yup, you're right. It'll never happen. Makes too much sense.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Ha, so here are the two rumors:

1) From Chad Ford: "The Celtics are open to moving out of the draft altogether if they can trade their pick for a young player. The Celtics have a $2.4 million trade exception that would allow them to take back a young player without having to send anything in return other than the 25th pick."

2) From DraftExpress's (jon Givony) Twitter: Heard from more than one team that Ersan Ilyasova is available in exchange for a 1st rounder (even late) or a 2012 1st.

Seems like a perfect match, right? A trade everyone can get excited about..even if Ilyasova wants to go back to wherever next season right now, who cares, we can work on that, and if worst comes to worst, we get one more year of a guy that can fill Baby's role AND at half the price, and we don't over-pay Glen Davis!

Yup, you're right. It'll never happen. Makes too much sense.

Come on, IP. You're better than that.

Free Ersan!
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Not sure if I'm throwing gas or a wet blanket on this fire, but here's what the Bucks RealGM board thinks about it:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1121555
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
6'10, 240 why is he listed as a small forward?  Those sound like power forward numbers.  I'll take this kid over Tyler or Johnson
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams