Author Topic: Denver/Sac trade idea  (Read 3338 times)

Denver/Sac trade idea
« on: June 23, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Alex Kennedy: The Denver Nuggets are shopping Raymond Felton. It sounds like they're trying to package Felton with #22 to move into the top ten.

The Kings, who started Beno Udrih at point guard for a majority of the 2010-11 season, appear determined to add a front-line floor general. Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that the Kings have also contacted the Denver Nuggets about Raymond Felton.

Ummm... what seems to be the hold up?  Felton + #22 for #7 sounds like a great deal for both sides.  Isn't Sacramento under the cap enough to take in Felton's contract wtihout sending anything out?

Sacramento actually starts to look like an NBA basketball team:

Felton
Evans
Casspi
PF (lots of cap space, David West?)
Cousins

And a bench with some quality players like Udrih, Garcia, and Thompson.  Still get to draft at #22.  It wouldn't surprise me if that team played .500 ball this season if they stay healthy.  Just need to show them how to play defense.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Denver/Sac trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Not a bad idea, though personally I hope they hold onto the pick and take Biyombo. Seems like a perfect compliment to Cousins.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
yup, one of the better ideas i have seen here in a while, I think it makes sense for both teams.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I can see why this trade would be made, but its not a no brainer for the Kings.

They still need to add more high level talent to that squad, if they really like someone who will be there around #7 (or could be there) I'd keep the pick.

Felton is solid, but he's not good enough to make the Kings a playoff squad.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Neither is a guy likely who will be there with the number 7 pick in this years draft though...

This draft maybe has two guys in it who are the difference in getting to the playoffs and not.

Maybe...

I doubt Williams is one of those guys. Undersized four who can score and that's about it. Michael Beasley all over again. Kaaaaaaaahn!!!!

I would take Felton in the last year of his deal to compliment Tyreke. Plus he hits clutch shots and the pg crop in the east is becoming much weaker then that compared to the east. Especially if CP3 goes east to NYC.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
I can see why this trade would be made, but its not a no brainer for the Kings.

They still need to add more high level talent to that squad, if they really like someone who will be there around #7 (or could be there) I'd keep the pick.

Felton is solid, but he's not good enough to make the Kings a playoff squad.

I agree that they still need to add high level talent, but that talent won't be there at #7.  If you think it is, then it's going to be a gamble.

I agree, I don't think Kings would quite make the playoffs in year 1, but I think with health and a signing of a good PF, they could be .500.  If they install a good defensive philosophy, I think that team has enough offense to take care of itself.  Some PFs available are: David West, AK-47, K-Mart, and Carl Landry.  They could also sign a C like Nene or Dalembert and move Cousins to PF.

The only problem I see the Kings having is that it could end up being a 1 year rental of Felton.  But if Sac gets West or Nene, is playing at a high level, and is willing to pay Felton, I think he could very well stay.  (The paying is key, because I'm currently pretty convinced that Felton going to Miami for the full MLE after this season makes a lot of sense for both parties)

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Alex Kennedy: The Denver Nuggets are shopping Raymond Felton. It sounds like they're trying to package Felton with #22 to move into the top ten.

The Kings, who started Beno Udrih at point guard for a majority of the 2010-11 season, appear determined to add a front-line floor general. Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that the Kings have also contacted the Denver Nuggets about Raymond Felton.

Ummm... what seems to be the hold up?  Felton + #22 for #7 sounds like a great deal for both sides.  Isn't Sacramento under the cap enough to take in Felton's contract wtihout sending anything out?

Felton
Evans
Casspi
Cousins

And a bench with some quality players like Udrih, Garcia, and Thompson.  Still get to draft at #22.  It wouldn't surprise me if that team played .500 ball this season if they stay healthy.  Just need to show them how to play defense.

I'd be reasonably surprised to see that team play .500 ball.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

Felton
Evans
Casspi
Cousins

I'd be reasonably surprised to see that team play .500 ball.

I wouldn't wager on it necessarily, haha, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Evans was hurt much of last season (missed 25 games in which they went 6-19), Cousins was a rookie getting inconsistent playing time despite being their most talented player, and this is under the assumption that they acquire two very solid starters in Felton and David West.

Beno Udrih started for them and Pooh Jeter played major minutes for them at times last season.  You can't tell me that this team isn't majorly improved.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Sacramento should keep their pick.

Kawhi Leonard is pretty interesting and he should be available at #7.