Author Topic: Trade idea rondo to utah  (Read 1577 times)

Trade idea rondo to utah
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
first let me say i dont want to trade rondo

but if danny really is looking, how about this idea

Celtics trade

Rondo
JO
S&T BBD

to Utah for

D Harris
Al Jefferson

utah's best bet is to develop favors and not have him behind milsap and al, utah upgrades from harris to rondo and moves down in the first round, bbd would be a nice bench play for them

boston gains al's offence and has a very servicable vet pg who is only 28, with the 12th pick it becomes a wait and see who drops to us game. (maybe biyombo or jimmer?)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:32:31 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Trade idea rondo to utah
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'd rather take my chances with Utah's first rounder next season but it looks better than a lot of the Rondo trades Ive seen.

Still not sure Id pull the trigger though

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Nope. Jefferson has never had a winning record anywhere. he was supposed to help the Jazz make a playoff push, now they have 2 lottery picks. Im gonna stick with my championship Point Guard rather than bring in two players proven not to win.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Nope. Jefferson has never had a winning record anywhere. he was supposed to help the Jazz make a playoff push, now they have 2 lottery picks. Im gonna stick with my championship Point Guard rather than bring in two players proven not to win.

Agree completely.  I think we've passed the point of potential with Jefferson.  I think he is what he is and is not an impact player due to his lack of defense.  Too bad because i was/am a big fan of his.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Agree completely.  I think we've passed the point of potential with Jefferson.  I think he is what he is and is not an impact player due to his lack of defense.  Too bad because i was/am a big fan of his.

I wouldn't do the trade and don't think Al's a great defender, but when's the last time he was on a team where better defense from him would keep the team out of the lottery?

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Nope.  That would be the equivalent of trading a prime Jason Kidd for Jason Terry and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri