Author Topic: Andy Katz Celtics interested in Norris Cole  (Read 7538 times)

Re: Andy Katz Celtics interested in Norris Cole
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
we need guys that will contribute now...we don't need another giddens, walker, pruitt or bradley sitting on the bench as a practice player

Then you better draft Faried or trade into the top 7 or so -- there's a reason evertbody is so down on this draft...there's not a lot of guys who are ready to contribute

i would be very happy with faried

Re: Andy Katz Celtics interested in Norris Cole
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Katz' notes:

Boston brought back Marquette's Jimmy Butler for a second workout within a week, putting Butler in the mix at No. 25. The Celtics are also considering Jeremy Tyler, who played in Israel and Japan recently, among other places. Cleveland State's Norris Cole also has been tabbed as a favorite among some circles in the organization. Cole has interest in teams like Sacramento if the Kings don't get a point guard in the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/draft-reports

Butler's story is pretty incredible. He sounds like a great kid: the kind you want to see good things happen to, because he's worked for everything he's gotten. I don't know if I would pass on some others with more upside/size to take him at #25, but I wouldn't be too angry with Ainge if he did take him.

Interesting... two workouts.  Cs are definitely interested, and I would be fine with Butler at #25.  Love the kids story (reminds me a bit of Powe's; different story, of course, but both had hard lives).
Celtics fan for life.