Author Topic: Andy Katz Celtics interested in Norris Cole  (Read 7532 times)

Re: Andy Katz Celtics interested in Norris Cole
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Cole is definitely a talent. He was killing Jeff Teague 2 years ago when Cleveland State upset Wake Forest in the first round. He has only gotten better and more consistent since then.
Dude is good BUT do we really need this guy??

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I doubt this anything more then a smokescreen right now. Really want to see the Celtics move up in this draft.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
After Rondo, I'm partial to small guards who can pull absurd double-digit rebounding performances out of nowhere, but I've never seen him play.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 01:15:57 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
I'd only be interested in this guy if we moved Bradley.  I don't think we have room on the roster for both of them.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I believe this.  I could see Bradley bundled off, perhaps in a package to bump their first rounder up 10 or 15 slots.  Then with some cash they could buy a second rounder to replace Bradley with Cole.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
we need guys that will contribute now...we don't need another giddens, walker, pruitt or bradley sitting on the bench as a practice player

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The way I read the article it seemed the C's were interested in Butler from Marquette as a first rounder but that people in the organization loved this kid Coles. Well, given that he hasn't been mentioned by any other team or rumor I would have to think they are talking about him as a second rounder.

If they like him that much trade Bradley and their number 1 and number 2 for another team's number 1 and number 2. That way they could have a better chance at a quality big(Vucevic or one of the Morris brothers) and still try to nab Coles in the second round.

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
we need guys that will contribute now...we don't need another giddens, walker, pruitt or bradley sitting on the bench as a practice player

Then you better draft Faried or trade into the top 7 or so -- there's a reason evertbody is so down on this draft...there's not a lot of guys who are ready to contribute

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 02:13:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Odds are pretty slim at finding a rotation caliber rookie with a late first rounder.

I think you look for a guy that can be a rotation player down the road and if he is ready now that is just icing on the cake.

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Then you better draft Faried or trade into the top 7 or so -- there's a reason evertbody is so down on this draft...there's not a lot of guys who are ready to contribute

I'm not sure that's really a fair assessment of the draft.

Everything I've read has said that the draft is weak in terms of star talent / franchise players (there are only 1 or 2 players with that kind of potential).  However, the draft is actually supposed to be quite deep in terms of role players and borderline starters. 

It sounds likely that there will be a lot of players ready to contribute in this draft, just very few who will ever be major contributors.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Everything I've read has said that the draft is weak in terms of star talent / franchise players (there are only 1 or 2 players with that kind of potential).  However, the draft is actually supposed to be quite deep in terms of role players and borderline starters. 

It sounds likely that there will be a lot of players ready to contribute in this draft, just very few who will ever be major contributors.

Eh, that might be a bit of a misrepresentation too.  I agree that this draft is deep with potential low risk, low reward role players.  But there aren't that many guys ready to step in right away.  There are just a lot of guys who are likely to be NBA rotation players, but it still could take a year or two for that to happen.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Geesh, where did you read that because everything I have read is that the draft is weak and shallow(meaning very little NBA talent available). Heck, I think I even read something on NBA.com calling this a weak draft.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Katz' notes:

Boston brought back Marquette's Jimmy Butler for a second workout within a week, putting Butler in the mix at No. 25. The Celtics are also considering Jeremy Tyler, who played in Israel and Japan recently, among other places. Cleveland State's Norris Cole also has been tabbed as a favorite among some circles in the organization. Cole has interest in teams like Sacramento if the Kings don't get a point guard in the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/draft-reports

Butler's story is pretty incredible. He sounds like a great kid: the kind you want to see good things happen to, because he's worked for everything he's gotten. I don't know if I would pass on some others with more upside/size to take him at #25, but I wouldn't be too angry with Ainge if he did take him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Katz' notes:

Boston brought back Marquette's Jimmy Butler for a second workout within a week, putting Butler in the mix at No. 25. The Celtics are also considering Jeremy Tyler, who played in Israel and Japan recently, among other places. Cleveland State's Norris Cole also has been tabbed as a favorite among some circles in the organization. Cole has interest in teams like Sacramento if the Kings don't get a point guard in the lottery.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/draft-reports

Butler's story is pretty incredible. He sounds like a great kid: the kind you want to see good things happen to, because he's worked for everything he's gotten. I don't know if I would pass on some others with more upside/size to take him at #25, but I wouldn't be too angry with Ainge if he did take him.

Butler seems to be a good kid but everything Ive read said he is a second-round talent

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
Cole is definitely a talent. He was killing Jeff Teague 2 years ago when Cleveland State upset Wake Forest in the first round. He has only gotten better and more consistent since then.
Dude is good BUT do we really need this guy??

No we don't, I was just letting it be known the guy is GOOD.