Author Topic: Workouts List?  (Read 4979 times)

Workouts List?
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
ok, who wants to do my work for me?

I was wondering if there's a list of players the Celtics have brought in for workouts this year

I'd like to publish it on the front page and I'll give full credit to anyone doing the legwork

thanks!
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: Workouts List?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
i tryed to keep tabs on it in the post titled Workouts
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks, can anyone consolidate that?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Here's a link to nbadraft.net with what looks to be a comprehensive list by team:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nba-draft-workout-master-list

For the Celtics:
Andrew Goudelock Anthony Gurley Bojan Bogdanovic Brad Wanamaker Chaisson Allen Chandler Parsons Charles Okwandu Chris Wright Corey Stokes Cory Joseph David Lighty Delroy James Demonte Harper Demontez Stitt Denzell Bowles Diante Garrett E'Twaun Moore Frank Hassell Gary Flowers Greg Smith Isaiah Thomas JaJuan Johnson Jamie Skeen Jamine Peterson Jeremy Tyler Jimmy Butler Joe Trapani Joffrey Lauvergne Jon Leuer Justin Harper Keith Benson Kevin Anderson Kyle Singler Lavoy Allen Malcolm Lee Marshon Brooks Nikola Vucevic Nolan Smith Norris Cole Terrence Jennings Vernon Macklin Xavier Silas
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed that Alec Burk and Tyler Honecutt aren't on that list. Alec Burk is a 19Y/O point guard turned shooting-guard he has everything but a jumper and Honecutt seems like he could be a Shawn Marion type SF.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed that Alec Burk and Tyler Honecutt aren't on that list. Alec Burk is a 19Y/O point guard turned shooting-guard he has everything but a jumper and Honecutt seems like he could be a Shawn Marion type SF.

Burk is supposedly going to be gone in the lottery, so I doubt he would have worked out for the C's. 

I have heard the C's are high on Honeycutt though (I think Chad Ford mentioned it in his chat today), so that is a bit surprising.  But there is always a chance that they missed him on the list.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 04:09:15 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Nice to see they worked out Jimmy Butler.  I've read great things about him.  With Danny's stated preference for players that Doc could play, Butler's polish, work ethic, defensive chops, and skill level, not to mention the Marquette connection, make him a solid candidate for that 25th pick. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Burk is supposedly going to be gone in the lottery, so I doubt he would have worked out for the C's. 

I have heard the C's are high on Honeycutt though (I think Chad Ford mentioned it in his chat today), so that is a bit surprising.  But there is always a chance that they missed him on the list.

Burk going in the lotto makes alot more sense. I.ve looking at the draft express mick draft and they have him at 19. I expect both to be gone before our pick but would like to know we kicked the tires and saw what they had to offer.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Nice to see they worked out Jimmy Butler.  I've read great things about him.  With Danny's stated preference for players that Doc could play, Butler's polish, work ethic, defensive chops, and skill level, not to mention the Marquette connection, make him a solid candidate for that 25th pick. 

Agreed. He seems like the kind of "lunch pail" type player that would excel with the Cs (a la Gomes, Powe...).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 09:06:18 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Did we work out Rondo before the draft? 

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yes, there was a very well publicized workout with Rondo, Marcus Williams, and Foye. 

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

I may be misremembering this, but didn't the Cs work him out twice?  There were rumors at the time that the Cs were thinking of picking him at #7 (or whatever it was), and people were thinking "that crazy Danny Ainge, he doesn't know what he's talking about".  Yeah, crazy as a fox.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 01:13:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm a bit surprised that they worked out 15 point guards and didn't work out Darius Morris.  Considering he could go anywhere from 15-40, and Danny likes PG's, you'd think they'd have at least brought him in for a looksee.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 01:19:24 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm a bit surprised that they worked out 15 point guards and didn't work out Darius Morris.  Considering he could go anywhere from 15-40, and Danny likes PG's, you'd think they'd have at least brought him in for a looksee.

If they indeed didn't work out Morris, I'm disappointed.  I really liked what I saw of him.  He has great size to go with enough speed and quickness for the position and he's a point all the way.  He's a very good passer.  He's not a three-point shooter but he can finish around the basket and his mid-range is solid.  The Celtics have needed a legitimate backup point for the past few seasons.  Morris could be that and not only that, I think he'll be promising enough that he could be a valuable future trade chip.  I wouldn't be surprised if looking back on this draft, he's not one of the top 5-10 players in this draft. 

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 06:56:43 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Here's a good list from NBADraft.Net:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nba-draft-workout-master-list

It's listed by player and who they worked out for.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."