Author Topic: Rumor: Ainge has discussed trading Rondo  (Read 13075 times)

Re: Rumor: Ainge has discussed trading Rondo
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Saw a report that Spurs are really unhappy with Tony Parker due to his comment about the Spurs window being closed to win a championship.

Would anyone do a Rondo for Parker and Bonner or Splitter deal? I wonder if that is something that Danny would explore, if for nothing else, to gauge Rondo's value on the open market.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I read that any trade of Parker probably would need to have Jefferson attached to get rid of contracts and that is definitely not something I would want the C's to even think about.

Just wondering what Rondo would be worth in comparison to someone like Parker who could be on the block.

I'd consider trading for Parker if we got Splitter as well.  Would have to be a multi-team deal, cause I definitely would not want Jefferson.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Just wondering what Rondo would be worth in comparison to someone like Parker who could be on the block.
I'd say their trade value would be pretty similar overall.

I think a larger number of teams would be interested in T.Parker due to concerns of Rondo's shooting which I reckon will scare a few teams off.

By that I mean, there will still be more than enough suitors and high quality offers for Rondo ... offering comparable value to the best offers San An get for T.Parker ... just a few less options.

Would anyone do a Rondo for Parker and Bonner or Splitter deal? I wonder if that is something that Danny would explore, if for nothing else, to gauge Rondo's value on the open market.
I wouldn't do it. I think Rondo has proven over the last two years to be more considerably more valuable than Tony Parker is.

I don't see a makeweight like Tiago Splitter evening that difference out. It would need to be someone with (low level) star potential.

I'd rather keep the superior individual talent (Rondo).

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
Personally, I think Ainge has been enamored (and rightfully so) with CP3 since college.  If not via trade, I think its CP3 that Ainge is holding out for money wise in free agency come 2012, not Dwight Howard.  I see CP3 in green, and Rondo shipped out for a need.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Isnt the job of the GM to explore every players trade value? I dont really see this as a "rumor" just Ainge doing his job.
agreed
or more likely gms are contacting the celtics seeing what it would take to get rondo on their team

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
It will be interesting to see what happens with Parker since I think it would give us a good idea of what value Rondo would likely have in a trade.  I think GM's in the league would rate them about equally.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
It will be interesting to see what happens with Parker since I think it would give us a good idea of what value Rondo would likely have in a trade.  I think GM's in the league would rate them about equally.

I think Rondo has to be rated higher just because he is younger.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
It will be interesting to see what happens with Parker since I think it would give us a good idea of what value Rondo would likely have in a trade.  I think GM's in the league would rate them about equally.

I think Rondo has to be rated higher just because he is younger.

Agreed, although he's still only 29 years old (4 year difference.)  I would personally rate Rondo ahead of Parker for several reasons, but I'm guessing GM's around the league value them relatively equally.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
We can only hope that Ainge can wheel Rondo for another star or a couple nice young prospects.

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We can only hope that Ainge can wheel Rondo for another star or a couple nice young prospects.

Getting a couple of prospects worth Rondo as well as the last shot the big three have at a title is fairly unlikely.

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Getting a couple of prospects worth Rondo as well as the last shot the big three have at a title is fairly unlikely.

On the other hand, if you're of the opinion that the Big Three have already had their last real shot at a title (wouldn't be surprised if Ainge is), it might be more likely to get a fair return.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

On the other hand, if you're of the opinion that the Big Three have already had their last real shot at a title (wouldn't be surprised if Ainge is), it might be more likely to get a fair return.

If that's your opinion, then I would think it makes much more sense to trade some or all of the big three, or some or all of the big three along with Rondo than to hold onto the big three and trade Rondo for prospects. You might be able to get a good return combining Rondo with KG or Ray and trading the other in a separate deal. Plus holding onto the big three and trading Rondo for prospects probably kills any incentive for a FA to sign with Boston or for a player to agree to an extension in a trade to Boston.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Danny should be discussing trading the Large Infant instead.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
keep Rondo, If you guys haven't noticed, he's a pretty awesome player.

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 04:30:18 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Danny should be discussing trading the Large Infant instead.

I'm sure he has discussed it, but I doubt Davis has very much trade value right now.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
A follow up thought:
rondo being a celtic is going to make free agents think about coming to boston, he'll get them easy shots