Author Topic: Rumor: Josh Smith to the Magic  (Read 6718 times)

Re: Rumor: Josh Smith to the Magic
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 12:17:52 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Hawks won't trade one of their core young players to a division rival... Unless the trade was truly irresistible. And if that was the case, the Magic would be an unwilling trade partner
- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 01:00:37 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Celtic Thug back in business?

Roflol...now that's a name from the past. Boy did he cause quite a stir in these forums.  :D  :D

TP for that one!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 04:26:24 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
This same twitter is now saying we are the front-runner for Josh Smith.  I don't know how. Maybe Baby and Green would be involved. 

http://twitter.com/#!/NBASource1

NBASource1 NBA Source
According to my sources Celtics appear to be the front-runner to acquire Josh Smith.. The 3 team deal between Mavs/ Magic/ Hawks are dead.

this same guy says on there that Tony parker might be going to the Raptors....smells fake to me

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6689841

ESPN has a similar rumor about Parker potentially going to the Raps or Kings for their draft pick.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 06:33:44 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This same twitter is now saying we are the front-runner for Josh Smith.  I don't know how. Maybe Baby and Green would be involved. 

http://twitter.com/#!/NBASource1

NBASource1 NBA Source
According to my sources Celtics appear to be the front-runner to acquire Josh Smith.. The 3 team deal between Mavs/ Magic/ Hawks are dead.

this same guy says on there that Tony parker might be going to the Raptors....smells fake to me

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6689841

ESPN has a similar rumor about Parker potentially going to the Raps or Kings for their draft pick.

Things are starting to get exciting.  ;D

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I would definitely be pumped for Josh Smith, not sure exactly how our lineup would look going forward, Pierce at the 2 Smith at the 3, KG at the 4 and Trade Green/Davis for a serviceable center?

But either way, getting a guy like smith to pair with Rondo would make us at least an exciting team for the future.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
If this trade were to go down for the Celtics I would think Green and BBD would have to be involved somehow. Unless they got a third team involved that really likes the clippers first round pick that we own.

I would LOVE this trade if we somehow keep Jeff Green. I would be OKAY with this trade if it involves Jeff Green.

Rondo/Smith/Green would look pretty nice to Dwight Howard next year.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
If this trade were to go down for the Celtics I would think Green and BBD would have to be involved somehow. Unless they got a third team involved that really likes the clippers first round pick that we own.

I would LOVE this trade if we somehow keep Jeff Green. I would be OKAY with this trade if it involves Jeff Green.

Woj on yahoo says that the Atlanta GM covets ray ray and KG.  Its got to be centered around one of those guys I would imagine. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:17 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtic Thug back in business?

or deli guy.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Woj on yahoo says that the Atlanta GM covets ray ray and KG.  Its got to be centered around one of those guys I would imagine. 
KG and Davis (sign and trade) for Smith and Johnson.  I'd do that.  I might even do KG and Ray for Smith, Johnson, and a first or two.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 09:14:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

KG and Davis (sign and trade) for Smith and Johnson.  I'd do that.  I might even do KG and Ray for Smith, Johnson, and a first or two.

For the love of god please don't include Johnson.  That contract is going to be a kiss of death for a franchise

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Some of these lineups with Smith as SF scare me.

Pierce becomes the only outside shooter.  The other teams defense can pack it in.

Smith almost has to be a PF with Rondo as the PG. 

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Pierce becomes the only outside shooter.  The other teams defense can pack it in.

Then does it make more sense to trade KG than Ray?  Unless you want to start KG at the 5 right?

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 09:39:03 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah I like Josh Smith a lot better as a 4 than a 3, especially with the C's.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:19 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Then does it make more sense to trade KG than Ray?  Unless you want to start KG at the 5 right?

It makes more sense in terms of lineup, but it is step back in talent. 

If the Celtics were to trade KG for Smith, they better get back more. 

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 09:45:32 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

It makes more sense in terms of lineup, but it is step back in talent. 

If the Celtics were to trade KG for Smith, they better get back more. 

Well they would probably have to logistically since the salaries dont match up for KG and Smith