Author Topic: Make Believe World: Ray just gets traded for Josh Smith. Who is our SG target?  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Green at SF, Pierce at SG doesn't kill, and as Who pointed out there are a lot of options to get some more depth.

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
C - Garnett, Jermaine, K.Thomas (LLE), DJ Mbenga
PF - J.Smith, C.Wilcox, Pops Mensah-Bonsu
SF - Pierce, J.Green
SG - T.Prince (MLE), T.Honeycutt (#25), R.Carney
PG - Rondo, Delonte, A.Bradley

Noway TPrince can play SG. But I really like the idea of Kurt Thomas. He could fit right in and possibly start. Solid rebounder and hard defender. Could we pry him away from Chicago for the LLE?

Rondo,Redd,Pierce,JSmith,KThomas
West,MBrooks,Green,KG,JO
Wafer,Bradley,Free agent bigx2
Can't stop, Rondo!

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
C - Garnett, Jermaine, K.Thomas (LLE), DJ Mbenga
PF - J.Smith, C.Wilcox, Pops Mensah-Bonsu
SF - Pierce, J.Green
SG - T.Prince (MLE), T.Honeycutt (#25), R.Carney
PG - Rondo, Delonte, A.Bradley

Noway TPrince can play SG. But I really like the idea of Kurt Thomas. He could fit right in and possibly start. Solid rebounder and hard defender. Could we pry him away from Chicago for the LLE?

Rondo,Redd,Pierce,JSmith,KThomas
West,MBrooks,Green,KG,JO
Wafer,Bradley,Free agent bigx2
Tayshaun Prince did a very good job whenever I saw him at the two while playing alongside Tracy McGrady. He did a terrific job on Ray Allen in one of the games Detroit played against Boston.

I think he'll do fine there.

Switching to the SG position might actually be better for his career given his decline on the boards + the added opportunities to take advantage of his post game. At least while his quickness and agility holds up.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wouldn't go near Michael Redd given his injury problems over the last few seasons. Too big of a risk.

As a fifteenth man, on a minimum contract, with good depth already in place ... I would consider it ... but I would be very unhappy going into a season depending on Michael Redd to be a key contributor.