Author Topic: Underrated Celtics in 2k11?  (Read 9301 times)

Re: Underrated Celtics in 2k11?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
anyone play it on 360? I am alwyas looking for Leagues and what not. Let me know Ucanes32

Imma add you - Im BlowinKill

JzaJenius36

hit me up for a game.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm playing as Boston on PS3. I'm on the 2012-13 season sitting at 24-19, simming 10 games and playing 1 and all playoffs. Got in the ECF losing to Chicago in 6 games from last season.

Celtics are fine IMO. They are not underrated.

Current line-up.

Rondo/Avery/Juan Fernandez
Ray/Rudy Fernandez/Vander Blue
Paul/an upset and want's to be traded Jeff Green
KG/Jeremy Tyler/Xavier Gibson (did not resign BBD asking for 8 mil.)
JO/Fab Melo/BJ Mullens (like him in this game, give him 2 minutes of playing time and his mood is always happy.)

I going through trade deadline, wonder who I'd trade Jeff Green for.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 07:44:36 PM »

Offline wpdougie2180

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Ray Allen is a beast, so is shaq
KG and JO are a great defensive pair of bigs
Pierce is wet from mid range and drifters and if you get his 3 ball it's all over.
If you know how to do the post spin dunk Jeff Green and Ray Allen are filthy. Murphy is also a very good player on 2k11 with his height and easy release on his jumper.

Best all around line-up is:
West
Allen
Green
KG
JO

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
idk, my player is already rated 99...so my celtics broke the Bulls record =)...the 6 games that we lost was because i got injured lol

im anxious to get the season over with so i wanna see if i can lure dwight to the celtics =)

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Celts were much better when they still hate Nate and didnt know that Shaq sucked.  

Overall tho, the Celts are one of the strongest teams.  Jeff Green is really good.  He dunks on everyone.  Just post Paul and his midrange is dirty.  Rondo can dunk and make the eurostep layups.  KG makes everything around the hoop.  Delonte is pretty good as well.  Baby is completely useless however...
I love starting Nate on the Thunder.  James Harden always sucks for me.

Overall I think 2k11 is incredibly inconsistent and seems to favor the losing team to keep the games close.  I'm happy I don't own it.  Give me 2k9 anyday, you can actually make real NBA passes in that game.

I have always loved the 2k series, however I have never been able to make a wide open layup in ANY year. If the dude can't dunk, he's not going to make the layup, its so frustrating.

What? I play 2k religiously and have never ever had that problem.

For the other posters, I love Pierce's 3 point shot. Goes down every time. And Ray is an absolute monster. I once hit like 12 3pointers with him. The Celtics team is a bit underrated but the players are doing pretty good.

If it is truly frustrating to you, you can change player attributes or customize gameplay in the settings menu so I don't know what you people are complaining about haha

Yeah its absolutely absurd. My friends and I joke about it all the time. It doesnt matter what player it is, if a player in the game takes a layup, they will miss it 90% of the time. If you play with a guy like Rondo, or Nash, they cant make anything, but you play with a guy like Ricky Davis and he dunks on anyone from the free throw line. Gets so frustrating.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lets go ahead and get the ball rolling and trade for CP3....whatever it takes. Then, we woul dhave BAIT to lure star power bigs.

CP3 and a scrubbs might go futher this year than ...Rondo and the wheelchair crowd

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Celts were much better when they still hate Nate and didnt know that Shaq sucked.  

Overall tho, the Celts are one of the strongest teams.  Jeff Green is really good.  He dunks on everyone.  Just post Paul and his midrange is dirty.  Rondo can dunk and make the eurostep layups.  KG makes everything around the hoop.  Delonte is pretty good as well.  Baby is completely useless however...
I love starting Nate on the Thunder.  James Harden always sucks for me.

Overall I think 2k11 is incredibly inconsistent and seems to favor the losing team to keep the games close.  I'm happy I don't own it.  Give me 2k9 anyday, you can actually make real NBA passes in that game.

I have always loved the 2k series, however I have never been able to make a wide open layup in ANY year. If the dude can't dunk, he's not going to make the layup, its so frustrating.

What? I play 2k religiously and have never ever had that problem.

For the other posters, I love Pierce's 3 point shot. Goes down every time. And Ray is an absolute monster. I once hit like 12 3pointers with him. The Celtics team is a bit underrated but the players are doing pretty good.

If it is truly frustrating to you, you can change player attributes or customize gameplay in the settings menu so I don't know what you people are complaining about haha

Yeah its absolutely absurd. My friends and I joke about it all the time. It doesnt matter what player it is, if a player in the game takes a layup, they will miss it 90% of the time. If you play with a guy like Rondo, or Nash, they cant make anything, but you play with a guy like Ricky Davis and he dunks on anyone from the free throw line. Gets so frustrating.

if you're experiencing this sort of issue you need to change the game sliders.  also remember that the type of layup you take is determined by how you move the shot stick as you're going into the hoop.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
anyone play it on 360? I am alwyas looking for Leagues and what not. Let me know Ucanes32

Imma add you - Im BlowinKill

JzaJenius36

hit me up for a game.

shiggins03 here.  I love playing online.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
anyone else notice how bad pierce's dunk rating is. Its like 60, i dont get it. He actualy killed chris bosh, kris humphries and another couple but he cant dunk on anyone in the game, same with garnett.

May not of been this year, (may also of been in live) lebron had a better 3pt rating then pierce? that anoyed me.

Otherwise i think the celtics are one strong in 2k. Rays 3pt shot is so easy! just like in real life