Author Topic: What reasons are there for not picking Jeremy Tyler?  (Read 18076 times)

Re: What reasons are there for not picking Jeremy Tyler?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
From the few videos I've seen, he looks awkward and not very good.  What are the reasons for picking him? 
Size, athleticism and youth

Im not sure I want a guy that skipped his senior year in high school to play professionally abroad.  Screams of character issues if you ask me. 
I like that he left High School and went pro. More young player should do the same.

Wasting their time in school.
Yeah. Graduating from high school is overrated. Why would anyone ever want to do that let alone go to college

You only have the talent to be a professional athlete for so long, you can always go back to school. If Tyler never finishes his GED or goes back to school, then he's an idiot.
Does anyone know if Korleone Young or Lenny Cook got their GEDs or went back to school?

You hear about it all the time. Non idiots that just leave school to give the NBA a try. They don't make it in the league, simply go back to school, and get their master's degrees in business administration or open a small law firm.

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 09:38:18 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
In "not news, but since nothing is real right now, its still noteworthy" news, Chad Ford has dropped Tyler down to pick 40 in his latest mock draft.  He has the C's taking Jimmy Butler, and Tyler then goes for a freefall.

I wouldn't make too much of this, but thought it was worth mentioning.

If I were NBA GM's I'd stay far away from Tyler.  He's had very questionable decisions that he's made in his life.

Give him a break he's a teenager. So he got paid to take a two year world tour, i'd have done the same thing. How many ultra successful people took unconventional routs to success?

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Michael Jordan picked him. .. . it'll be interesting to watch what happens. I guess we're signing Kwame then?

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
...because someone else picked him and then sold him to another team.