Author Topic: Vancouver Canucks fans riot after loss  (Read 14669 times)

Vancouver Canucks fans riot after loss
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:58 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Vancouver Canucks fans riot after loss
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:27 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:56:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
What a great way for the fans to say "thank you" to their team for an amazing season. :P

I feel extremely sorry for the Canucks and the mayor of Vancouver ... it's stuff like this that makes me wonder about how far we've come with our "advanced civilization."

Question: Where are the Mounties?!? There seems to be a decided lack of police presence compared to the extent of the rioting and size of the crowds.

Sad ... really sad.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:18:05 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Even Steve Nash is embarrassed by this

https://twitter.com/#!/SteveNash

Steve Nash: Vancouver please stop burning Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. We're a great city and have a lot of class. Our team is great and our championship will come. Soon.

but then again, i believe we has something similar when the Red Sox won, not as bad as this one, but i do remember an innocent girl being shot cuz some fans were running around doing stupid things

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:28:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Looks like the riot squad has arrived with tear gas ... the crowd is also looting now, (Sears, etc.).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:56:41 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I think their city is/was poorly equipped to handle this situation. Maybe their landscape is tough to patrol or something, but this is awful handling by the riot squad. This doesn't say to me that Vancouver citizens are bad or classless people. I think any group of youngsters that are sauced up and suffer a devastating loss or even win would do this.

I was there when the Celts won in 08 and the men on horses cut that thing off at the head before it even had a chance to get kicked off. I felt like I was going to get bashed over the head at any moment and I was just peacefully walking to the Orange Line. This stuff obviously has a way of snowballing really quickly and it clearly did here.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:18:44 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zJKghn28zzc#at=65

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e1HPn1qGIps
I'm sorry but the second vid to me is just hilarious. The kick-the-car door and run is just silly. And then there's a idiot on top of the car with his hands up yelling like he just won the cup.

Rofl
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:51 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think their city is/was poorly equipped to handle this situation. Maybe their landscape is tough to patrol or something, but this is awful handling by the riot squad. This doesn't say to me that Vancouver citizens are bad or classless people. I think any group of youngsters that are sauced up and suffer a devastating loss or even win would do this.

I was there when the Celts won in 08 and the men on horses cut that thing off at the head before it even had a chance to get kicked off. I felt like I was going to get bashed over the head at any moment and I was just peacefully walking to the Orange Line. This stuff obviously has a way of snowballing really quickly and it clearly did here.

Sorry, JD, gotta disagree with you on this one. The majority of Vancouver citizens are good people, but anyone from any city who uses a sports loss to loot, steal, burn cars, assult others, and destroy property, are absolutely "bad and classless" ... I don't know how else you could describe it. To expect this kind of behavior from kids who are sauced up, is a sad statement on our society and what principles we have instilled in our youth.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I'm sorry but the second vid to me is just hilarious. The kick-the-car door and run is just silly. And then there's a idiot on top of the car with his hands up yelling like he just won the cup.

Rofl

You might feel a bit differently if it was your car, (it belongs to someone, I'm sure they're not laughing). ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 03:30:26 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

but anyone from any city who uses a sports loss to loot, steal, burn cars, assult others, and destroy property, are absolutely "bad and classless"

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just think you would see the same thing in most North American cities with that poor of a response from riot control. My belief is that it is human nature with booze involved with youth in large gatherings going through an emotional event. I was watching live footage for over an hour and it looked like an EXTREMELY thin riot squad that was inactive, rather than proactive.

The game ending at 8 pm local time didn't help things either. Also sounds like the public transportation out was rumored to be not operating out of the city. Recipe for disaster along with everyone and their mother now having a camera phone and a facebook/twitter account.

So, to summarize, I do agree with your overall feeling that it is despicable and classless. BUT, I don't think Vancouver should be viewed as a horrible city with horrible people.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 03:48:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

but anyone from any city who uses a sports loss to loot, steal, burn cars, assult others, and destroy property, are absolutely "bad and classless"

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just think you would see the same thing in most North American cities with that poor of a response from riot control. My belief is that it is human nature with booze involved with youth in large gatherings going through an emotional event. I was watching live footage for over an hour and it looked like an EXTREMELY thin riot squad that was inactive, rather than proactive.

The game ending at 8 pm local time didn't help things either. Also sounds like the public transportation out was rumored to be not operating out of the city. Recipe for disaster along with everyone and their mother now having a camera phone and a facebook/twitter account.

So, to summarize, I do agree with your overall feeling that it is despicable and classless. BUT, I don't think Vancouver should be viewed as a horrible city with horrible people.

Completely agree, (TP) ... it's a great city and most of it's citizens are good people as I said. It's also certainly not the only place where this happens ... in fact, I was a bit more surprised from it being a Canadian city than I would've been if it were in the U.S. ... just always saw them as a bit more laid back than us on the whole. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 04:13:21 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Rofl

You might feel a bit differently if it was your car, (it belongs to someone, I'm sure they're not laughing). ;)
I couldn't help it laughing at the idiots but ofncourse no fun for the owners
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 04:26:56 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Rofl

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound the way it did, (TP). Did you see the guy trying to pull the tire off with his bare hands, (and another warming his hiney on the fire)? That and the fruitless kicking kinda speaks volumes about their state of sobriety. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 04:52:58 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Rofl

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound the way it did, (TP). Did you see the guy trying to pull the tire off with his bare hands, (and another warming his hiney on the fire)? That and the fruitless kicking kinda speaks volumes about their state of sobriety. ;)
All good Bahku and saw that just now that is nuts, heh just when you thought u saw it all I wonder if there were lots of arrests?!

Probably just a lot of retaliation from police :-X

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Rofl

All good Bahku and saw that just now that is nuts, heh just when you thought u saw it all I wonder if there were lots of arrests?!

Probably just a lot of retaliation from police :-X

Are you really insinuating that Police were the cause of this or that there was alot of police brutality?  These numbskulls were throwing manikans through departments store windows.  Send them to guantanamo.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16