Author Topic: Rondo Trade Ideas  (Read 6277 times)

Re: Rondo Trade Ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lame thread. We arent trading rondo. And why would we want to... I dont understand these threads.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Some to add:

Rondo for #1, Sessions, Verejao
Rondo for #2, Randolph, Rubio, Ridnour
Rondo, Bradley for Bogut, Jennings

It depends on the follow-up trades for the big three. Because the big three and Sessions, Ridnour or Jennings are going nowhere fast. I don't see why people are in such a rush to see a mediocre team.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Of all the proposals the OP posted, I think POR would be the only deal the other team would agree to.  And I think it's the worst deal for us, since you're taking a big gamble on Oden.  Last report I heard was he may be out until DEC.  Sticking JO into trades isn't going to sweeten the deal for the other team.  I think contending teams who lack strength at the 5 want JO, like us and MIA.  But other teams are going to give up their young players for him.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:17 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Some to add:

It depends on the follow-up trades for the big three. Because the big three and Sessions, Ridnour or Jennings are going nowhere fast. I don't see why people are in such a rush to see a mediocre team.

Fortunately basketball has 5 players on the court at once and 8+ who contribute to a win.

I think Rondo has major flaws, is at a position that is just beginning to see a HUGE bump in talent depth due to the rules (in other words, a decreased "value over replacement" for ALL PG's leaguewide), and is the one guy on our team who you could actually "trade high" on because he's the only one who may be overvalued around the league.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 09:06:43 PM »

Offline RR9

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
IDEA 1:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6dctzwj

That's how we get somewhat younger.  Solves your PG problem of not being able to shoot.  It's a fair trade.  period.

Chicago's trading away MVP, but getting 2 awesome guards to compete, and one with great potential and youth in avery.

Boston gets youth and shooting back in rose.  but now rose doesn't have to carry his team like he did with chicago.  we get poorer, but still decent shooting with korver.  and deng'd add that much more to our defense at the 2-3 spots with pierce and green.  don't like this?  we can try to replace ray with green and delonte maybe and get a pick back.  man i wish espn trade machine would get more updated!

IDEA 2:

Rondo+green+delonte+BBD+clippers pick for

Rose+luol+asik+bogans maybe?  any edits?  I'd love to get rose to play with at least 2 of our 3 Big 3.......if that doens't get Howard, i don't know what will!  haha...well other than cp3!!!

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Some to add:

Fortunately basketball has 5 players on the court at once and 8+ who contribute to a win.

It's also a game where a quarter is worth a lot more than two dimes and a nickel. And one player can make those around him better, but players like Jennings and Ridnour and sessions don't have that capability.

I think Rondo has major flaws, is at a position that is just beginning to see a HUGE bump in talent depth due to the rules (in other words, a decreased "value over replacement" for ALL PG's leaguewide), and is the one guy on our team who you could actually "trade high" on because he's the only one who may be overvalued around the league.

Sure, Rondo has major flaws, and he is also exceptional at many aspects of the game. And I guess your "value over replacement" means that a mediocre pg might be somewhat better than a mediocre center or pf or sf but it doesn't mean that you can stick any old pg on the floor with the big three and still be a contender. One could also argue that those rules allow top pgs to have a greater effect on the game than a great sg or pf, which would make trading such a player counter-productive.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Anything for Chris Paul... well not anything, but almost.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm not in favor of trading Rondo, but if I were, I would try to trade him for a big man with All-Star potential and go with some combination of Delonte West and other free agents at the point.  I would not trade Rondo for a package of role players that includes an inferior point guard with a better jump shot.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Resign Big Baby.

Boston trades:  Rondo, J. Green, Baby, LAC first round pick
NO trades:  Chris Paul, Ariza

I think Ariza is a much better player if coming off the bench in a role similar to what he played for LAL.  That's what he'd be in Boston and I think far more effective than he had been in Houston and NO.

p.s.  This would only have us up to $40M committed in '12 with CP3, Ariza, Pierce, Bradley signed.  If the hard cap went up to $62M as reported, I think Dwight could be willing to sign for a deal starting at $14 or 15M (like the heatles did) if Ray and KG were on board to come back on small deals.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur