Author Topic: Possible Draft Night Trade?  (Read 3123 times)

Possible Draft Night Trade?
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:17:59 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Detroit gets: Twolves 2013 second rounder, rid of Wallace(in a matter of speaking) with possibly Celtics 2013 first rounder

Celtics get: Absorbs Ben Wallace w/ Marquis TE, Detroits 2nd rounder this year (33rd overall)

This gives Boston a chance to go after Lucas Nogueira and Jeremy Tyler. Two work-in-progress bigs who could pay off big. Even if only one of these two pans out to be a quality starter, I think it's still worth it. Give them 1-2 years to develop and that could be a formidable frontcourt. Plus we get Ben Wallace for immediate center help. I can see Detroit considering this without the 2013 1st rounder, and loving it with the 2013 pick. What do you think?

Re: Possible Draft Night Trade?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
any pick we get we not keepin..we gonna spend them like cash to get something else

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Detroit gets: Twolves 2013 second rounder, rid of Wallace(in a matter of speaking) with possibly Celtics 2013 first rounder

Celtics get: Absorbs Ben Wallace w/ Marquis TE, Detroits 2nd rounder this year (33rd overall)

This gives Boston a chance to go after Lucas Nogueira and Jeremy Tyler. Two work-in-progress bigs who could pay off big. Even if only one of these two pans out to be a quality starter, I think it's still worth it. Give them 1-2 years to develop and that could be a formidable frontcourt. Plus we get Ben Wallace for immediate center help. I can see Detroit considering this without the 2013 1st rounder, and loving it with the 2013 pick. What do you think?
interesting idea.  I'd do it if we kept our first.  Detroit gets the opportunity to unload Ben's contract and pick up a high second rounder next year in a deep draft.  I would think that should be sufficient for them to pull the trigger.  That'd give us a shot at 2 players that could turn into something and a center for depth.  (Wallace isn't young but he's usually pretty healthy)

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:53:01 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
big ben in green would be soild

dude can run and play d..

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »

Offline greensamurai

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
I read that Lucas Noguiera withdrew from the draft. Definitely interested in getting two bigs though. Possibly Tyler, and JaJuan Johnson.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i heard danny wanted to trade Bradley to possibly move up in the draft

I hope not, i really wanna see the kid blossom

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:33:38 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
I read that Lucas Noguiera withdrew from the draft. Definitely interested in getting two bigs though. Possibly Tyler, and JaJuan Johnson.

I'm confused too. Even though I wrote this, I've seen Lucas on 2011 mock drafts not a week ago. But I've also seen him on 2012 mock drafts. It would be interesting to grab JaJuan and Jeremy, or Reggie Jackson and Jeremy. Since I think Danny already promised him a spot on the C's next season.

i heard danny wanted to trade Bradley to possibly move up in the draft

I hope not, i really wanna see the kid blossom

I agree. Everybody disses Bradley, but I see a future Tony Allen who still has time to develop a jumper.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
Lucas Nogueira officially pulled out:

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-rockets/2011/6/15/2225103/nba-draft-2011-lucas-nogueira

I still kind've like this deal just for a chance at JaJuan Johnson, Jeremy Tyler, and Ben Wallace. Big Ben and Jermaine could hold down for 12-16 MPG every night. Leaving only about half the game for someone else. MLE center? Jeremy Tyler in blowouts?