Author Topic: Davis Bertans  (Read 1811 times)

Davis Bertans
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Suppose pick 25 comes around, and Danny thinks that there's no one available who can help this year, and yet there is little value to be found in a trade, why not pick a European project and leave him there for a season or two?  This is similar to taking Jeremy Tyler and sticking him in the D-league, except that in this case the European team pays for the development, instead of the Celtics, and the clock doesn't start ticking on free agency until he's ready for the NBA.

In this universe described above, what do people think about Davis Bertans?  I've only read a little about him, but what I've read sounded good.  San Antonio is said to be locked in on him at #29, so a) he should be available at #25, and b) it doesn't seem like a big reach.  He's only 18, is a 6'10" small (hah!) forward, and has that upside, future-star potential we all want.  It was only clear yesterday evening that he would stay in the draft, so perhaps the Celtics haven't looked at him much, but I think he should get a strong look.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Davis-Bertans-6320/

Re: Davis Bertans
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
He interests me, but I think he's in the same boat as Jeremy Tyler.  The fact that San Antonio wants him makes me want him too haha.  I feel like they rarely miss in drafts.  It's taking a chance for a guy who has the potential to be a star, but also has the potential to be a huge bust.  In comparison you have guys like JaJuan Johnson, Jon Leuer, Chandler Parsons who I think will be guys who have solid NBA careers, but they will never be starters or even 6th men. 
do it

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
He interests me, but I think he's in the same boat as Jeremy Tyler.  The fact that San Antonio wants him makes me want him too haha.  I feel like they rarely miss in drafts.  It's taking a chance for a guy who has the potential to be a star, but also has the potential to be a huge bust.  In comparison you have guys like JaJuan Johnson, Jon Leuer, Chandler Parsons who I think will be guys who have solid NBA careers, but they will never be starters or even 6th men. 

This. The Spurs scouting are really really good and this can turn to be a good pick for the C's. I'd still draft a big though. C's can resign Jeff Green so there goes the SF spot. But he might fall in the second round.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
well, might be a nice shooter for Rondo to pass to a few years from now.