Author Topic: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??  (Read 22407 times)

Re: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Wade is a better playoff player. Lebron is "king" of the regular season where nothing matters.

When evaulating the better individual player in a team sport, I don't give any benefit to the one that has won more championships.  Wade would never have won a ring without Shaq.  And he wins one this year he would not have done it without Lebron.

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 09:34:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Okay, so we are talking better player... I'll say it's LeBronda. If we are talking better at being on when it counts most... I'm going with Wade! I don't care what the stats say... if it's the playoffs, I'm taking Wade 100% of the time! If you pay attention... when LeBron hit those big shots against us it was started by Wade outshining him... he wanted to show he could be better so he followed Wades lead and started trying to prove he is the best. I said before that LeBron is a follower and he is lazy... when you are the best player in the world why do you need other people to give you a pep talk for you to go for it or he needs someone out there outshining him for him to want to try... I'm serious, watch the games (sidelines) I bet when you see LeBron trying hard is either after Wade goes for it or after Wade says something to him on the side. He cares more about being the best at a given time than winning. He doesn't have the fire. If I'm the best player... when it counts I'm gonna put my foot in the opponents butt and show it! Dirk was terrible tonight... who was taking the shots when it mattered for Dallas? Right, Dirk!

Didn't Wade blame the basketball gods for his miss at the end of the game?  

I guess I get people's decision to take Wade over Lebron in the finals (albeit with a VERY small sample size of less than two finals series' per player), but why would anyone take Wade over Lebron in the playoffs? Lebron has consistently taken his teams deep into the playoffs each year, while Wade has had marginal success outside of 06.

Add in the regular season (see Nickagneta's posts) and the argument really doesn't hold a lot of weight.

I don't know how some brush off playoff performances like its nothing. If you don't perform well in the playoffs/Finals, how would you consider your self a great player
Wade has been clutch his entire career. While fans overhype Lebron being clutch in 3 playoff rounds
So LeBron was better for 15 games, and then has two bad ones in the Finals.  Who is over hyping here?

Did you see Wade in the ECF, he played terrible basketball.

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Wade is a better playoff player. Lebron is "king" of the regular season where nothing matters.
LeBron has been better in the playoffs over their careers than Wade has been. Same as in the regular season.

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
LeBron has been better in the playoffs over their careers than Wade has been. Same as in the regular season.

Wade has been better in the finals both times he has been there compared to Lebron, but I guess the spurs team bron faced was tougher than the mavs team wade faced
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Defense is the answer to the post. Look at what Jason Terry has done this series with Lebron on him, not much.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
I don't know how some brush off playoff performances like its nothing. If you don't perform well in the playoffs/Finals, how would you consider your self a great player
Wade has been clutch his entire career. While fans overhype Lebron being clutch in 3 playoff rounds

Wade fumbled the ball away on the final possesion in game 4.  If this was LBJ, he would have received a ton of criticism.  It's all perception.  LBJ is viewed under a microscope and all his bad plays are remembered.  Wade makes a bad play and it's forgotten.  I can't believe I'm defending LBJ because I can't stand the guy; but what I said is really the truth.

Regarding postseason peformance, see my previous post.  You have to be on a good team to have postseason success.  We aren't talking about better team here, we are disucssing better individual player.  

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

Wade fumbled the ball away on the final possesion in game 4.  If this was LBJ, he would have received a ton of criticism.  It's all perception.  LBJ is viewed under a microscope and all his bad plays are remembered.  Wade makes a bad play and it's forgotten.  I can't believe I'm defending LBJ because I can't stand the guy; but what I said is really the truth.

Regarding postseason peformance, see my previous post.  You have to be on a good team to have postseason success.  We aren't talking about better team here, we are disucssing better individual player.  

I'm not talking about how far you go in the playoffs, I'm talking about the performances you have. And Wade has done it his entire career...

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Wade has been better in the finals both times he has been there compared to Lebron, but I guess the spurs team bron faced was tougher than the mavs team wade faced
Because only the Finals count when evaluting a player?

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 10:02:41 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
I'm not talking about how far you go in the playoffs, I'm talking about the performances you have. And Wade has done it his entire career...

Postseason averages:

LBJ: 28.2PPG, 8.4RPG, 7.0APG, 1.68STL, 46%FG, 32.5% 3FG.
Wade: 26.0PPG, 5.8RPG, 5.6APG, 1.65STL 48.3%FG 33.2% 3FG.

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Nope just making that point that in the most important series, Wade has been a superior player.  I don't think I said it was the only measure though, where was that?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

Postseason averages:

I already talked about it earlier in the post. Great players aren't made on paper

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Nope just making that point that in the most important series, Wade has been a superior player.  I don't think I said it was the only measure though, where was that?
You didn't say that, but when thats the only piece of evidence you cite what do you expect me to think your opinion is?

Every playoff series against a contending team is just as important when you're a team of the Heat's quality. Anytime you're playing an opponent that is a legitimate threat to knock out your team its just as important.

If LeBron isn't amazing in the ECF (when Wade stunk) they aren't in the Finals.

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Postseason averages:

I already talked about it earlier in the post. Great players aren't made on paper
Great arguments aren't made by hand waving away all the performances that don't support your point of view.

Would you have tried to make this argument after game 4 of the ECF when Wade was playing terrible when guarded by Keith Bogans and Ronnie Brewer?

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 10:11:31 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I thought my two eyes alone told me that Lebron was the better player.

Silly me.   ::)  

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

You didn't say that, but when thats the only piece of evidence you cite what do you expect me to think your opinion is?

Every playoff series against a contending team is just as important when you're a team of the Heat's quality. Anytime you're playing an opponent that is a legitimate threat to knock out your team its just as important.

If LeBron isn't amazing in the ECF (when Wade stunk) they aren't in the Finals.

I guess agree to disagree but I think performance in final series or final games(superbowl) are more important.  I don't think the Bruins are gonna have a parade through the streets hoisting the prince of whales trophey for instance.  While previous series are important, what a player does on the biggest possible stage is what matters most to me.