Author Topic: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??  (Read 22352 times)

Re: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
Really thought Lebron was taking steps towards becoming a big time clutch player. Thankfully I appeared to have been wrong for now. I haven't seen Lebron this passive since game 5 last year. One field goal attempt (17 foot jumper, btw) in the 4th quarter. ONE! Nuts.

Didn't Lebron get killed for taking and missing 4 shots in the Game 2's 4th quarter?

Lebron played the right way. The Heat's other 2 stars had it going and Lebron was cold all night.

Bosh was actually pretty awful in the second half, 4th quarter in particular. Wade can't do it by himself. Lebron is supposed to be the best player in the league, the two time MVP, scoring champ, whatever. That caliber of player is not supposed to be so passive and take just one measly jump shot in the 4th.

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:24 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think if you've played well earlier in the game or played well for most of the game, you've earned the clout to keep that trend going in the 2nd half.

If you end up playing poorly later in the game, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Both Bosh and Wade earned their chance to either suck or continue their good play later in the game.

A more selfish player would have taken shots away from his teammates.

I think Lebron learned from his mistake in Game 2 and chose not to try and play hero ball in Game 4.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 12:29:59 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
The media is only helping the OPs argument and always has been, but I believe Lebron is the better player and better team player. Wade's teams was pretty average before this year, while Lebron's teams were consistently top ranked in the conference/league - and this is with pretty even overall team talent.

I like Wade and think he is probably a top 5 player in the league, but Lebron is pretty amazing. Most people seem to hate the guy, but I think it is mostly just jealousy because of how good he actually is.

I don't get it, is Lebron better because of basketball highlights on ESPN?
Wade is the better basketball player and is more clutch
I just don't see where the stats or the "eye" test(just watching them) is behind you in this argument. Lebron is the best player on the planet and has been by a decent margin and has been for at least three or four years.

Yeah, cliche stuff like best player on the planet
But whyyyyy?
Do I really need explain?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron 3-time 1st team All-Defense
Wade 3-time 2nd team All-Defense

Lebron 5-time 1st team All-NBA
Wade 3-time 1st team All-NBA

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Lebron career REB% .103 and career RPG of 7.1
Wade career REB% of .080 and career RPG of 5.1

Lebron career AST% of .342 and career APG of 7.0
Wade career AST% .333 and career APG of 6.3

Lebron career PPG of 27.7
Wade career PPG of 25.4

Stats and awards say Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender than Wade and the most valuable and best player in the league 2 of the past 3 years  and my observations say the same thing.

Great players are made on the court, not on paper
Lebron has all those stats and media awards, but he still isn't clutch and a better basketball player like I mentioned

Lebron reminds me of Karl Malone. Physically imposing, stat-stuffer, but didn't have the ability to lead his team. That's why he went to Miami to join Wade

There's too many Lebron apologist in this world lol
So your only proof that Lebron is a better basketball player is your word.

Thanks for bringing nothing to the debate.

No its called STUDYING THE GAME and not the stat sheet. Interesting concept huh?

Look at Lebron's performance in the 2007 Finals. Putrid, horrible
Look at Wade's performance in the 2006 Finals, nuff said
You're comparing a player that came up big in 3 playoff rounds this year to a player that comes up big his entire career
Sorry, I don't worship the stats
Yeah, I understand that. Stats don't tell everything but your eye for basketball talent isn't much better than your understanding of stats.

Wade came up big his whole career huh? Where has his team been whenever Wade wasn't paired with another All-World talent like Shaq or LeBron? Out of the playoffs or out of the playoffs in the first round.

Lebron, with a much worse supporting set of team mates has always made them better than what they were and taken his team deeper than Wade went with better talent. If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland or gone to NY or Chicago chances are Wade's Heat would have been another first round exit after a 50 win season while Lebron would have once again been going deeper in the playoffs.

One aspect of being a great basketball player is raising the quality of basketball that others around you play. Lebron, like Bird, Magic, Jordan does that. Wade doesn't.

Its called studying the game. Try it sometime.

Again with the Media portraying "Lebron did it all by himself, had no help" lol

Lebron and Wade both had stellar seasons in the '08-'09 season
Which was Lebron's MVP season

This is the Cleveland Cavs roster in '08-'09

-Daniel Gibson   
-J.J. Hickson
-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
-Darnell Jackson
-LeBron James
-Tarence Kinsey
-Aleksandar (Sasha) Pavlovic
-Wally Szczerbiak
-Anderson Varejao
-Ben Wallace
-Delonte West
-Jawad Williams
-Mo Williams

Miami Heat Roster in '08-'09

-Joel Anthony
-Michael Beasley
-Mark Blount
-Mario Chalmers
-Daequan Cook
-Yakhouba Diawara
-Udonis Haslem
-James Jones
-Shaun Livingston
-Jamal Magloire
-Jamario Moon
-Jermaine O’neal
-Chris Quinn
-Dwyane Wade
-Dorell Wright

Who on the Miami Heat can creat offense for themselves??
It looks like Wade was actually "doing it all by himself"

Yeah, and Wade's team was 43-39, versus Lebron's 66-16.  23 games behind.  Wade wasn't doing it all by himself nearly as well as Lebron was.

Just for the record, I absolutely abhor Lebron and have, until this year, always liked Wade, but the comparison between the two really isn't even that close.

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
One more note on Wade. He was incredible tonight but his tendency to go for the dagger in late game situations is really hurting his team. Not just the one on one iso plays, but for the second time, Wade pulled up for a 3 late in the game, early in the shot clock, his team ice cold and the Mavs making a big run

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Yeah, and Wade's team was 43-39, versus Lebron's 66-16.  Wade wasn't doing it all by himself nearly as well as Lebron was.

Just for the record, I absolutely abhor Lebron and have, until this year, always liked Wade, but the comparison between the two really isn't even that close.

His point was that LeBron's team was far superior. This is a point I agree with.

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 12:34:51 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Dwayne Wade simply put is a better competitor than LeBron James and that's the difference between the two. Dwayne Wade has a history of coming up large for his teams and LeBron's is hit and miss. But I've been beating this drum for 3 years now.

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 12:39:05 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
Yeah, and Wade's team was 43-39, versus Lebron's 66-16.  Wade wasn't doing it all by himself nearly as well as Lebron was.

His point was that LeBron's team was far superior. This is a point I agree with.
The same team that won what... 19 games this year... without him?

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:16 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Could you imagine what that Heat team would have done?

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:50 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Also, that was the 08-09 roster.

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday

The year is arbitrary.  The Cavs were nearly as good in 09-10, and plummeted significantly.  I'm not sure one player leaving has ever had anywhere near this affect on a team in NBA history.

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

The year is arbitrary.  The Cavs were nearly as good in 09-10, and plummeted significantly.  I'm not sure one player leaving has ever had anywhere near this affect on a team in NBA history.

That still doesn't change the fact that those cavs teams were significantly more talented than those Heat teams.

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
The regular season doesnt matter, its the playoffs. and in the big games, Lebron has come up short and in this series has diverted to wade during the clutch situations...

lebron is mentally weak and not a competitor...he left to go become batgirl to wades batman because he doesnt want to or have the will to do it on his own..

I dont like Kobe Bryant, but the guy has a killer instinct in late game situations...I dont think we should even compare lebron to him.

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:37 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
The regular season doesnt matter, its the playoffs. and in the big games, Lebron has come up short and in this series has diverted to wade during the clutch situations...

lebron is mentally weak and not a competitor...he left to go become batgirl to wades batman because he doesnt want to or have the will to do it on his own..

I dont like Kobe Bryant, but the guy has a killer instinct in late game situations...I dont think we should even compare lebron to him.
The comparison is between Wade and Lebron, not Kobe and Lebron.  Wade is not Kobe and never will be.

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I thought he was pretty clutch in the Boston/Chicago series.  LeBron and Wade's talent levels may be similar, but LeBron is bigger and stronger than Wade.  That helps him be a better basketball player.
do it

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 01:11:25 AM »

Offline Curley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
If I had to start a franchise with one of the two it would be Lebron.  If I could only have one of them for an NBA finals series, Wade is a no brainer.  With that said, I really dislike both of them, I want them to lose so bad I am rooting for the Mavs almost like they are the Celtics.  I want Lebron ringless as long as possible.