Author Topic: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??  (Read 22418 times)

Re: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
The media is only helping the OPs argument and always has been, but I believe Lebron is the better player and better team player. Wade's teams was pretty average before this year, while Lebron's teams were consistently top ranked in the conference/league - and this is with pretty even overall team talent.

I like Wade and think he is probably a top 5 player in the league, but Lebron is pretty amazing. Most people seem to hate the guy, but I think it is mostly just jealousy because of how good he actually is.

I don't get it, is Lebron better because of basketball highlights on ESPN?
Wade is the better basketball player and is more clutch
I just don't see where the stats or the "eye" test(just watching them) is behind you in this argument. Lebron is the best player on the planet and has been by a decent margin and has been for at least three or four years.

Yeah, cliche stuff like best player on the planet
But whyyyyy?
Do I really need explain?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron 3-time 1st team All-Defense
Wade 3-time 2nd team All-Defense

Lebron 5-time 1st team All-NBA
Wade 3-time 1st team All-NBA

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Lebron career REB% .103 and career RPG of 7.1
Wade career REB% of .080 and career RPG of 5.1

Lebron career AST% of .342 and career APG of 7.0
Wade career AST% .333 and career APG of 6.3

Lebron career PPG of 27.7
Wade career PPG of 25.4

Stats and awards say Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender than Wade and the most valuable and best player in the league 2 of the past 3 years  and my observations say the same thing.

Great players are made on the court, not on paper
Lebron has all those stats and media awards, but he still isn't clutch and a better basketball player like I mentioned

Lebron reminds me of Karl Malone. Physically imposing, stat-stuffer, but didn't have the ability to lead his team. That's why he went to Miami to join Wade

There's too many Lebron apologist in this world lol

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The media is only helping the OPs argument and always has been, but I believe Lebron is the better player and better team player. Wade's teams was pretty average before this year, while Lebron's teams were consistently top ranked in the conference/league - and this is with pretty even overall team talent.

I like Wade and think he is probably a top 5 player in the league, but Lebron is pretty amazing. Most people seem to hate the guy, but I think it is mostly just jealousy because of how good he actually is.

I just don't see where the stats or the "eye" test(just watching them) is behind you in this argument. Lebron is the best player on the planet and has been by a decent margin and has been for at least three or four years.

But whyyyyy?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Wade career PPG of 25.4

Stats and awards say Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender than Wade and the most valuable and best player in the league 2 of the past 3 years  and my observations say the same thing.

Lebron has all those stats and media awards, but he still isn't clutch and a better basketball player like I mentioned

Lebron reminds me of Karl Malone. Physically imposing, stat-stuffer, but didn't have the ability to lead his team. That's why he went to Miami to join Wade

So your only proof that Lebron is a better basketball player is your word.

Thanks for bringing nothing to the debate.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Who is he bigger show boat/ ??? ball hog?

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 10:13:37 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

But whyyyyy?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Wade career PPG of 25.4

No its called STUDYING THE GAME and not the stat sheet. Interesting concept huh?

Look at Lebron's performance in the 2007 Finals. Putrid, horrible
Look at Wade's performance in the 2006 Finals, nuff said
You're comparing a player that came up big in 3 playoff rounds this year to a player that comes up big his entire career
Sorry, I don't worship the stats

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
Lebron is the better player...BUT I do think Wade will end up getting the finals series MVP, based on the series thus far.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 10:23:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But whyyyyy?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Wade career PPG of 25.4

No its called STUDYING THE GAME and not the stat sheet. Interesting concept huh?

You're comparing a player that came up big in 3 playoff rounds this year to a player that comes up big his entire career
Yeah, I understand that. Stats don't tell everything but your eye for basketball talent isn't much better than your understanding of stats.

Wade came up big his whole career huh? Where has his team been whenever Wade wasn't paired with another All-World talent like Shaq or LeBron? Out of the playoffs or out of the playoffs in the first round.

Lebron, with a much worse supporting set of team mates has always made them better than what they were and taken his team deeper than Wade went with better talent. If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland or gone to NY or Chicago chances are Wade's Heat would have been another first round exit after a 50 win season while Lebron would have once again been going deeper in the playoffs.

One aspect of being a great basketball player is raising the quality of basketball that others around you play. Lebron, like Bird, Magic, Jordan does that. Wade doesn't.

Its called studying the game. Try it sometime.

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red

But whyyyyy?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Wade career PPG of 25.4

Stats and awards say Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender than Wade and the most valuable and best player in the league 2 of the past 3 years  and my observations say the same thing.

Wade is a great player...probably a top 5/top 10 player. HOWEVER, don't forget who Wade had in 2006...a healthier, younger Shaq, a type of player Lebron never had...not to mention the clutchness of James Posey (he hit some BIG shots in that series). If you put two pieces like that in Cleveland with Lebron one of the last few years, they probably win it all.

It is interesting to think about though...the heat isn't "Lebron's Team" because it has been Wade's team...a very unique situation.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He's bigger.  That's really it.

If Wade were 6'8'' 256 and just as athletic, he'd be a better player than LeBron.  But, in the NBA size matters a lot.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 10:44:06 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

But whyyyyy?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Wade career PPG of 25.4

Yeah, I understand that. Stats don't tell everything but your eye for basketball talent isn't much better than your understanding of stats.

Wade came up big his whole career huh? Where has his team been whenever Wade wasn't paired with another All-World talent like Shaq or LeBron? Out of the playoffs or out of the playoffs in the first round.

Lebron, with a much worse supporting set of team mates has always made them better than what they were and taken his team deeper than Wade went with better talent. If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland or gone to NY or Chicago chances are Wade's Heat would have been another first round exit after a 50 win season while Lebron would have once again been going deeper in the playoffs.

One aspect of being a great basketball player is raising the quality of basketball that others around you play. Lebron, like Bird, Magic, Jordan does that. Wade doesn't.

Its called studying the game. Try it sometime.

Again with the Media portraying "Lebron did it all by himself, had no help" lol

Lebron and Wade both had stellar seasons in the '08-'09 season
Which was Lebron's MVP season

This is the Cleveland Cavs roster in '08-'09

-Daniel Gibson   
-J.J. Hickson
-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
-Darnell Jackson
-LeBron James
-Tarence Kinsey
-Aleksandar (Sasha) Pavlovic
-Wally Szczerbiak
-Anderson Varejao
-Ben Wallace
-Delonte West
-Jawad Williams
-Mo Williams

Miami Heat Roster in '08-'09

-Joel Anthony
-Michael Beasley
-Mark Blount
-Mario Chalmers
-Daequan Cook
-Yakhouba Diawara
-Udonis Haslem
-James Jones
-Shaun Livingston
-Jamal Magloire
-Jamario Moon
-Jermaine O’neal
-Chris Quinn
-Dwyane Wade
-Dorell Wright

Who on the Miami Heat can creat offense for themselves??
It looks like Wade was actually "doing it all by himself"

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 10:49:20 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
To the OP

Hes not
and he will neve be

I will say it my whole life even if that means scream alone in the desert

Dwayne Wade and Paul Pierce are better players than LeBron

Period

ty
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
THis offseason is making me rethink how I evaluate players. It's weird, Lebron is better at almost every facet of the game, but he lacks a killer instinct. Wade is a cut throat Lebron's just not and it's making a clear difference.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
To the OP

Hes not
and he will neve be

I will say it my whole life even if that means scream alone in the desert

Dwayne Wade and Paul Pierce are better players than LeBron

Period

ty

Agree with everything you said. Lebron is not on Paul or Wade's level

TP

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
2 of Wade's best games in the Finals resulted in Losses.

When Lebron doesn't play well, the Heat lose even if Wade plays like Mike Jordan.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 12:14:54 AM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
Really thought Lebron was taking steps towards becoming a big time clutch player. Thankfully I appeared to have been wrong for now. I haven't seen Lebron this passive since game 5 last year. One field goal attempt (17 foot jumper, btw) in the 4th quarter. ONE! Nuts.

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:23 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Really thought Lebron was taking steps towards becoming a big time clutch player. Thankfully I appeared to have been wrong for now. I haven't seen Lebron this passive since game 5 last year. One field goal attempt (17 foot jumper, btw) in the 4th quarter. ONE! Nuts.

Didn't Lebron get killed for taking and missing 4 shots in the Game 2's 4th quarter?

Lebron played the right way. The Heat's other 2 stars had it going and Lebron was cold all night.